Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's Vanquish VRD Carbon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2023, 01:42 PM   #1
Go Buckeyes!

Default B-MOW's Vanquish VRD Carbon

Name:  IMG_2822.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  180.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2823.jpg
Views: 1430
Size:  183.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2824.jpg
Views: 1410
Size:  157.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2825.jpg
Views: 1410
Size:  170.4 KB

Stay tuned!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2023, 01:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: B-MOW's Vanquish VRD Carbon

Nice. Can't wait to see what you do with this
Ballistic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:19 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

hell yeah B-mow, look forward to see your build ... I had this on my cart multiple times when it was available but it is ultimately not necessary as there is little time to thinker and a lot of existing projects on the bench.
Speedy-Triple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 04:10 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Man, im so jealous lol. Cant wait to see where u take this build

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 10:47 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Sweet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 06:11 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic17 View Post
Nice. Can't wait to see what you do with this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple View Post
hell yeah B-mow, look forward to see your build ... I had this on my cart multiple times when it was available but it is ultimately not necessary as there is little time to thinker and a lot of existing projects on the bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Man, im so jealous lol. Cant wait to see where u take this build

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Sweet!!!

Thanks guys!

@Speedy - I had it in my cart twice on the VP site and then when I realized these were going to sell out quick, I put in for a third time and then hit the buy button as quick as I could. I hear ya on the projects! I have too many started and not finished, but I'm weak when it comes to new VP releases!
Old 11-01-2023, 06:29 AM   #7
Go Buckeyes!

Well, I didn't see this new release coming. I guess I should have though with all of the LCG flat rail chassis' that are now available. It makes perfect sense for Vanquish to offer their own flat rail chassis design and add their own products to it.

After learning about this new rig on the Tuesday Live last Tuesday, I quickly jumped on to the VP website to take a look at the specs and pics. After talking myself out of buying one, I twisted my own arm and told myself that I needed this and I need to hurry before this first batch is sold out.

I have no real plan as of now for the direction of this new build. I will probably take it slow and try to install the best items and electronics that I think will make this rig perform to its full potential.

Electronic items that come to mind now is a Fusion Pro 2300kv 2-in-1 Combo, Radiolink receiver and an NSDRC direct power servo. Wheels and tires are undetermined. For sure the wheels will be a Vanquish Method or KMC in some flavor. Undecided on the tires as of now.

So as I expected, I couldn't hold back and I broke the seal on the box. It is a very nice looking box. It is smaller than I expected, but full of really cool stuff!

Here are a few more pics of what can be expected to see once the lid is opened.

Name:  IMG_2826.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  171.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2827.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  176.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2828.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  150.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2829.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  172.7 KB
Old 11-01-2023, 09:03 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Assuming the Yokohama sticker is a hint, I can’t wait to see what new tire vp is going to offer.

Look forward to seeing your progress

Old 11-01-2023, 09:17 AM   #9
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Assuming the Yokohama sticker is a hint, I can’t wait to see what new tire vp is going to offer.

Look forward to seeing your progress

I missed that. They did great with the Falken tire so Yokohama may be good too.

Also wonder what's up with Dometic and Magna Flow.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:44 AM   #10
Go Buckeyes!

I couldn't wait. I had to open Bag A to see the front portal weights up close. Then decided it was time to build!

The heavy alloy portal weights or as Josh said, like melted down Hot Wheels or something like that, feel and look good. They sorta remind me of a lead fishing weight. The bearings fit tight into the housings and I feel no slop in them. I did have to use my tiny hammer and tap in the bearings so that they seated all the way in. The weight of these are about 4.5oz or 128 grams. Should add some good weight up front.

Name:  IMG_2830.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  180.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2831.jpg
Views: 1284
Size:  175.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2832.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  128.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2833.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  128.0 KB

As always with any Vanquish kit, building the axle was a dream. Fit and finish is perfect and every part just fell together. If you've ever built one, you know!

As with all of my kits, I opted to use Team KNK stainless steel hardware to assemble. I normally use marine grease on the axle gears, but this time I decided to try out the supplied grease in the tube that came with the kit. After applying it to the gears, it looks damn near identical to the Walmart marine grease that I have been using in all of my rigs for years.

For now I'll be using the non-clamping servo horn that came with the kit. If I have problems with it, I'll swap it out for a clamping VP horn in the future.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this kit comes with the harder rod ends. The look great and the links threaded into them really good. I thought that I might have to tap threads into them first, but I didn't have to. Also, I like the new thinner links that are used up front. Instead of a bent link to clear the front diff, the straight link used bent rod ends and the link clears the diff nicely at full lock.

Another Edit: Total weight assembled: 14.1 oz. or 399.7 grams

Name:  IMG_2835.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  155.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2836.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  143.4 KB

Last edited by B-MOW71; 11-02-2023 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-01-2023, 10:08 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

hell yeah!!! ... looking good and yes I am weak too and probably get one but just not yet. I still have unopened boxes from last 2 rounds of trucks of fortune and freedom respectively . Its almost been a year although I am not planning to open the Ultra I got on the Fortune round the Phoenix I got on the Freedom round will become a fordyce for sure ... Cabs and Grills are now available however the HD44's keep making their way to the cart . Weak Weak Weak ...
Speedy-Triple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 03:14 PM   #12
Slow is the new Fast

All sounds good. The fusion pro is such a greet product for crawlers. How long before all the manufacturers come out with their version?

Have you picked a body?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 06:05 PM   #13
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple View Post
hell yeah!!! ... looking good and yes I am weak too and probably get one but just not yet. I still have unopened boxes from last 2 rounds of trucks of fortune and freedom respectively . Its almost been a year although I am not planning to open the Ultra I got on the Fortune round the Phoenix I got on the Freedom round will become a fordyce for sure ... Cabs and Grills are now available however the HD44's keep making their way to the cart . Weak Weak Weak ...
I'd say you've got some building to do! I don't blame you on the Ultra. I see that they still have the Ultra in black in stock right now and I was tempted to get one before they disappear forever.

I saw that the grilles are now listed. I have the body and grille in my cart, but haven't checked out yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
All sounds good. The fusion pro is such a greet product for crawlers. How long before all the manufacturers come out with their version?

Have you picked a body?
Yeah, I know, I'm shocked that HW and Spectrum are the only ones offering these 2-in-1's. I guess I should have bought stock in these when they first came out! Everybody's wanting them!

The body choice for now will probably be my unused Cliffhanger body that is on one of my GSpeed builds that never got to see dirt. I'm not sure yet which body will be permanent.
Old 11-02-2023, 06:24 AM   #14
Go Buckeyes!

Now that Bag A is complete, I hauled in Bag B to the garage. Bag B is the complete rear F10 portal axle. This is nothing spectacular and many have built these, so it's OK to skip this post. It's OK, I understand! It's just all part of the process!

Same build experience as the front axle. All molded and machined pieces are top notch and go together with ease.

Total weight assembled: 7 oz. or 198.4 grams

Name:  IMG_2853.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  172.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2854.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  163.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2855.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  132.4 KB
Old 11-02-2023, 09:35 AM   #15
Go Buckeyes!

On to Bag C, the chassis bag. Once again the fit and finish on these items are great. The carbon fiber chassis rails look stunning and are cut and drilled to perfection. I like the dull gray look on these rails better than some others that are a glossy black carbon fiber. The skid is flat and slick and follows the curve of the chassis nicely. The sliders are a black powder coated aluminum and are very light. In fact the entire completed chassis is super light. I did not get weights on the chassis or individual pieces, so I'm going to go back and get the weights and post them in the next post.

Name:  IMG_2856.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  181.2 KB

Very easy assembly and is light as a feather. Just like the links on the front axle, I did not pre-thread these harder plastic rod ends. In fact I found threading the links into these rod ends much easier than the black plastic rod ends that come on the other VP kits. These links were very easy to assemble and install. The balls in the rod ends fit the skid great and I feel no side-to-side slop in these. Time will tell how these new rod ends hold up compared to the black plastic rod ends. I've seen pics that people have posted of rod ends that have stretched out due to the softness of the black rod ends. These harder gray rod ends feel much more durable.

Name:  IMG_2857.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  181.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2858.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  176.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2859.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  134.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2860.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  140.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2861.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  158.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2862.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  122.2 KB

I'll get the individual weights of the items and post them later.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:58 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Looks great man

I’m thinking the pro rod ends will be a nice upgrade on my pro. I’ve definitely stretched a few of the standard rod ends on it

Old 11-02-2023, 04:51 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Look at all that VP goodness!

Im with tom, ive stretched countless black rod ends. If these are more duarble, i may pic some up for my rigs. The v3 phoenix has a few stretched now, but im sonused to it, i dont even notice it

Old 11-02-2023, 05:18 PM   #18
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Looks great man

I’m thinking the pro rod ends will be a nice upgrade on my pro. I’ve definitely stretched a few of the standard rod ends on it

Thanks! I have yet to stretch any of the Vanquish or Traxxas rod ends, but I think I will too replace the rod ends on my Origin and PRO sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Look at all that VP goodness!

Im with tom, ive stretched countless black rod ends. If these are more duarble, i may pic some up for my rigs. The v3 phoenix has a few stretched now, but im sonused to it, i dont even notice it

I have yet to stretch any. I guess I need to drive my rigs a little harder! Seriously though, I have seen a ton of pics with stretched rod ends.

I will eventually replace mine. My only concern is is snapping one of these hard rod ends while running in the colder weather here in Ohio. You guys that live in the tropics shouldn't have that problem!
Old 11-02-2023, 09:05 PM   #19
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Have you picked a body?
Well, I think it is official. So just between you and me, I'm going all in on the Zuul body. Yeah, the Element Zuul! The more I see that body the more I'm really liking it.

But...but, I'm not going to leave it in stock form. More to come on that later when it arrives!
Old 11-03-2023, 05:06 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Tropics? I wish lol. Its been down in the 20s n 30s every night this week n may 60 at the highest during the day. But, it is supposed to be back in the 70 the next week or so, which will be nice for hertiage day, swap meet n car show this weekend

Tags
b-mow71, vanquish, vrd, vrd carbon

B-MOW's Vanquish VRD Carbon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's Enduro Journey! B-MOW71 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 243 04-08-2024 08:22 AM
New Vanquish VRD Carbon Sniper4370 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 122 02-26-2024 08:48 AM
B-MOW's IFS Trailwalker B-MOW71 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 113 05-31-2023 09:16 AM