Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: First vanquish kit. A straight axle phoenix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2022, 09:04 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default First vanquish kit. A straight axle phoenix.

I picked this up a about 3 weeks after they came out. Definitely a nice kit to build. I’ve seen a lot of people have bed damage so I’m going to make a cage for the rear to protect the bed rails. The color was the toughest thing to decide alot of great and different colors I’ve seen here and on the FB pages. Finally decided on spaz stix green pearl. It turned out way better than I expected. Different painting with it as the pearl goes on clear with a slight green tint and they when it’s backed with black the color just pops. Using a hw 1080 with Holmes torque master pro Holmes 650 servo for steering and power hobby servo for od and dig. The locked up wheels and pit bull tires I had and ordered green rings and they are almost a perfect match for the paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2022, 10:01 AM   #2

Default Re: First vanquish kit. A straight axle phoenix.

Very Nice!
Redharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:02 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

nice truck
BREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 08:53 AM   #4
Go Buckeyes!

Great looking Phoenix! That color does pop! I'm sure the pics don't do it any justice as it probably looks even better in person. I have yet to try the Spaz Stic paint, but may have to try some in the future. I've always been a fan of the pearl paints.

Nice choice on the wheels and tires. Makes the rig look mean! And yeah the rings do look to be a perfect match!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 04:56 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the compliments guys. I wasn’t planning on this, but kyosho was dragging its feet on the release of the shykline on the fazer platform (which I ended up getting anyways). The phoenix was a fun build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Great looking Phoenix! That color does pop! I'm sure the pics don't do it any justice as it probably looks even better in person. I have yet to try the Spaz Stic paint, but may have to try some in the future. I've always been a fan of the pearl paints.

Nice choice on the wheels and tires. Makes the rig look mean! And yeah the rings do look to be a perfect match!
Thanks b-mow I wanted something really different for the color and this definitely fit the bill. I almost chose the root beer pearl but the green pearl was the right choice. It’s almost too nice to drive, but I’ll end up beating it up. Spaz stix is really nice to work with, it has really good coverage. I taped the fenders so they would be black. I did 4 coats of the pearl and 2 coats of gloss black for the backer. I’ve had the wheels and tires for awhile and they go well with the look of the truck.
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote

First vanquish kit. A straight axle phoenix. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General body build advice - Vanquish Phoenix straight axle chilly Paint and Body 3 10-18-2022 09:32 PM
New Vanquish VS4-10 Phoenix Straight Axle LSXGMC Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 26 09-11-2022 10:19 AM
Hot Racing straight axle kit, bent axle shaft sierradmax Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 09-07-2008 01:04 PM
Hot Racing rear straight axle kit or stock Axial straight axle lockout? jmbones Axial AX-10 Scorpion 36 05-28-2008 04:28 PM