RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products-vs4-10-origin/)
-   -   Dig question (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products-vs4-10-origin/631477-dig-question.html)

PFongemie 03-21-2023 03:49 PM

Dig question

So I have my DX5 programmed with both dig and overdrive on 3 position switches. Everything works great, but have been reading about people setting the dig function as a momentary switch. Any one try this? How do you have or like the switch setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven McKay 03-21-2023 05:23 PM

Re: Dig question

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFongemie (Post 6134363)
So I have my DX5 programmed with both dig and overdrive on 3 position switches. Everything works great, but have been reading about people setting the dig function as a momentary switch. Any one try this? How do you have or like the switch setup.

I have a DX5. But haven't got around to setting up the dig and od yet, would be interested what channels you used. If it works great, why mess with it murphy's law. Sorry no experience with that switch. Glad to see you have dig and od."thumbsup"

PFongemie 03-21-2023 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven McKay (Post 6134365)
I have a DX5. But haven't got around to setting up the dig and od yet, would be interested what channels you used. If it works great, why mess with it murphy's law. Sorry no experience with that switch. Glad to see you have dig and od."thumbsup"

I have them set up on the E & F switch. I’ve been considering switching the dig to a momentary switch.

DRED805 03-21-2023 08:14 PM

I don't really see an upside to momentary. I could see the my thumb sliding off that little button all the time, and annoying me. I'll stick with 2 position dig and 3 position OD.

PFongemie 03-21-2023 08:46 PM

Dig question

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRED805 (Post 6134376)
I don't really see an upside to momentary. I could see the my thumb sliding off that little button all the time, and annoying me. I'll stick with 2 position dig and 3 position OD.

I’m already planning on switching the dig from the 3 position to the two position. I don’t ever seeing myself using front wheel drive. As far as the momentary button set up whenever I’ve used dog in the past it’s only for a few seconds. Why not setup my switch this way. As long as I press the switch dig is locked in. As soon as I release the switch it goes back to 4WD. If I accidentally hit the switch it won’t lock up.
It all makes sense in my own head. Just seeing what others think.

ktse 03-21-2023 08:51 PM

I prefer the momentary switch over 2 and 3 position switches. I find it much more natural.

I've tried the 3 position setup on the rear axle and found it to be needless since I can't see a use in only driving the front wheels without dig.

I'd suggest playing around with it to see what you prefer.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk