Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vanquish Products

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Products SLW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 01:07 AM   #181
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trugg View Post
Any plans to offer the SLW beadlock rings in your "Bronze" color?
....I know there probably isnt much demand for this color... but i think it is the COOLEST color rings you have
Please make them in "Bronze" for me
bronze is now in stock
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #182
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
Yea sorry about that wheel. that actually does not happen very much at all. but as far as stripping, id have to say it that is very weird, i can say i've had one call on that in 3 years. i don't recommend using power tools and deadlock screws do not have to be wrenched down hard, just seated untill the beadlock hits the wheel and snug from there.

here is the parts list
http://www.vanquishproducts.com/slw-description.html

24EA. M3x6 SST BHCS
No problem stuff happens. I missed the bolts specs when I ran through the description. Unsure on the bolts though. I started to use a 5/64 but switched to the 2mm as it fit better but still has pretty loose in the head (I thought they were standard at first). I snugged them down but didn't think they were that tight, tried to loosen the bolt up and the head stripped right out. Are they rated bolts? I've had some unrated bolts that were a bit softer and done similar things. Seems to be holding ok with the one bolt missing, if it becomes an issue I'll drill and tap it. Thanks!
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:06 PM   #183
Quarry Creeper

If there could be a chink in VPs line up, it might be their hardware. I have a few sets of good hex tools. Some Losi, both standard and metric, and some Wera allen keys. Its not my drivers. I could not find a driver that fit nicely. They were all loose. I have never had this issue very often. Kit hardware and RCscrews are known for poor quality.

With the very high quality of your products, you should get better screws. Yah, yah I read a thread on this issue before. Its shop hardware that is used on other stuff you make. I think that was more of a comment about guys wanting metric heads.

Either way, the screws you use suck.

Don't get me wrong, I have every part you make for the XR10 and a couple sets of wheels. Its very high quality and I like it all. You even included Boca bearings with the tranny cases and motor plates. Get some nicer fitting hex hardware.

Keep up the great work.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #184
I joined the Band!

Which screw are you refering to ?

We use 18-8 stainless steel class 3 hardware from a high quality supplier fastenall and olander company, which can wear from repeated use especially when the allen is not fully engaged or if the wrong size allen is used even once or from using power screw drivers. or the classic over tightening.

I have no problem running better hardware if there was any, the standard steel hardware we were using tended to rust which looks like hell, inconel and titainum hardware is too expensive for anybodys taste.

shrug ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnLatex View Post
If there could be a chink in VPs line up, it might be their hardware. I have a few sets of good hex tools. Some Losi, both standard and metric, and some Wera allen keys. Its not my drivers. I could not find a driver that fit nicely. They were all loose. I have never had this issue very often. Kit hardware and RCscrews are known for poor quality.

With the very high quality of your products, you should get better screws. Yah, yah I read a thread on this issue before. Its shop hardware that is used on other stuff you make. I think that was more of a comment about guys wanting metric heads.

Either way, the screws you use suck.

Don't get me wrong, I have every part you make for the XR10 and a couple sets of wheels. Its very high quality and I like it all. You even included Boca bearings with the tranny cases and motor plates. Get some nicer fitting hex hardware.

Keep up the great work.

Last edited by tom@vp; 03-28-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #185
Quarry Creeper

I am refering the the hardware in the wheels. Most noticable with the beadlock screws. The hex of my new drivers are able to twist back and forth in the head. Maybe 5 degrees or so. It also has a lot of movement at the tip of the handle when inserted. I have tried 4 different brands of hex drivers. The Losi and Wera are new sets. I am very suprised after you mentioned the source of the hardware.

Here is what I am comparing the fit to. I come from 1/8 scale racing and have used a couple sets from both Tony's Screws and Hexscrews. I can fit my driver into any size chassis screw and have it fit snug enough to hold it straight out level with the ground when I have the wheels straight up in the air. There is next to nothing for wiggle in the handle.

After fudging with my screw collection and my drivers, I think its an issue with them being button head with a shallow hex. I notice most of my button hexes are similar as far as the angle the driver can enter the hex at but there is less than half the rotational slop in mine.

Maybe I am too picky... but you said (and I can see/feel) you have lazer mic tolerances in your cnc work. I guess you don't make the screws too. lol

Anyways, I am sure there are a ton of your wheels out there and I believe that you probably have one of the highest happy/return customer bases out there. Your work is phenomenal. Maybe I got shit Losi drivers? well no... they fit my other cars much better. I do not question my Wera allen keys though at all.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:07 AM   #186
I joined the Band!

deleted my post...

Ok,

im working on this, im listening and im going to work on a better solution.

Last edited by tom@vp; 03-28-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #187
Quarry Creeper

I don't want you to have to raise your costs and i don't want you to have to use anything that will rust. I can live with the fitment if thats the case. Rusty screws would blow.

Its not like I am repeatedly pulling the beadlocks apart so wear isnt going to be a huge issue. All I am saying is that I have used tighter fitting hex screws. A suggestion for hardware, Hexscrews has plated screws that won't rust. I have not used their plated ones, just the regular black 12.9 grade. So I don't know how the button heads will fit in the plated version. Maybe better due to the thickness of the plating. Find their supplier and test one of them.

Anyways, don't stress over this. Its a minor issue. Like I say, I know there are tons of your wheels out there and there probably not many complaints on this subject. I would have thought Fastenal was one of the best of the best suppliers. I don't have fitment issues with any of your cap head screws, just the button heads in the beadlock.

Once again, thanks for the great products. Whos knows, maybe I am too much of a perfectionist.

I don't usually post complaints or anything like this. I'll even say I'm not complaining but rather giving some feedback. I want you guys to be as good as possible.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #188
Rock Stacker

I concur with Burn Latex. I ordered some button heads and low profile hex from McMaster Carr. One thing I noticed is the button head did not have a class rating where as the standard height or low profile bolts did. I'll be checking to see how my Wera hex wrench fits each and if there is a difference.

One thing that may be causing some of the issue is the use of stainless steel in aluminum rims. There is the possibility of galling and causing the bolts to stick or seize. Have had this issue with larger bolts but aluminum bolts maybe tough to come by.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #189
I joined the Band!

its not like that burnlatex at all, is it a legitimate customer concern. I think I was only hearing that our hardware sucks, and im thinking, hell if it does this is good sst hardware, but it may be the case that sst hardware isnt the best possible choice for this application,

I have full samples of every type of steel screw and plating made comming to me tommorow, im going to investigate fit, to get a small bucket of rain water, strip of some allen wrenches and view the data and see what happens...

Thanks for you input.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:56 PM   #190
Rock Stacker

got my bolts from mcmaster and I got two styles, button head and low profile hex head. Black and stainless versions. They seem to fit better then the stock hardware.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #191
Rock Stacker

Default Need hubs for DH pro compII and Slw1's on XR-10

Vanquish is out of stock. Can I get an ETA on the hubs?
PeterH828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #192
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH828 View Post
Vanquish is out of stock. Can I get an ETA on the hubs?
be more specific? which hub?
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #193
Rock Stacker

Nevermind I was able to get the hub from a retailer.

Thank you!
PeterH828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #194
TN State Champ 11,12,13

I'm looking for some SLW V2 respun 1.35" wide wheels. It looks like you don't have 1.35" width in any of the wheeels. When do you anticipate having more in stock?
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #195
RCC Addict

^^ also looking for an eta on some v3 respun in 1"
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #196
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdog7 View Post
I'm looking for some SLW V2 respun 1.35" wide wheels. It looks like you don't have 1.35" width in any of the wheeels. When do you anticipate having more in stock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon635 View Post
^^ also looking for an eta on some v3 respun in 1"
Bump.....any word?
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #197
I joined the Band!

There's a shortage on some wheels. Certain wheels get sold out in waves. there a big new Christmas run in production now and everything will be restocked over the next week or two.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #198
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
There's a shortage on some wheels. Certain wheels get sold out in waves. there a big new Christmas run in production now and everything will be restocked over the next week or two.
Sweet now I know what my stocking stuffer will be this year.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #199
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Vanquish Products SLW

I am looking for a set of SLW1 Respuns along with a set of 475 hubs. Any chance I might be able to get a set as a stocking stuffer?????
Land Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #200
I joined the Band!

Default Re: Vanquish Products SLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Crab View Post
I am looking for a set of SLW1 Respuns along with a set of 475 hubs. Any chance I might be able to get a set as a stocking stuffer?????
we are running respuns monday, should be ready to order monday evening,