RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vanquish Products (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products/)
-   -   New idea thread? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products/301297-new-idea-thread.html)

gr33nlemon 03-03-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatGremlins (Post 2949630)
Something for the scaler guys who run servo winches...

A metal spool with splines to fit servos!!! Something that replaces the plastic round servo horn and bobbin.

Put me down for 2! "thumbsup"

Great idea!

team3six 03-03-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatGremlins (Post 2949630)
Something for the scaler guys who run servo winches...

A metal spool with splines to fit servos!!! Something that replaces the plastic round servo horn and bobbin.

Put me down for 2! "thumbsup"

That is an excellent idea indeed.
Tom. Us scaler guys are often using servo's instead of winch's
The problem is we use the flat round plastic piece and attach a sewing bobbin to that in order yo use as a winch.

But still the issue is that the bobbin is so small round that it takes away from spooling., plus the larger the spool.

If you made a spool that was attach and your done as a one piece part. Made the spool a little larger than a bobbin. We would not only be greatfull, but these would sell. Well.

cbr6fs 03-03-2011 07:40 PM

Broken drive/half shafts are getting to be par for the course on E-Revo's running 6S.

It's a popular truck so if you made some quality and strong driveshafts i honestly think they'd be a big seller.

If they do go well then the next weak part are the E-Revo bulkheads, again i honestly believe these would sell as well.

"thumbsup"

danielk 03-06-2011 04:27 PM

I agree with the servo winch spool. I was about to go searching for a vendor to do so. Hell, if you made a superwinch case that fit HS645mg internals, that would sell like crazy. We could use the no-drift winch controller from losikid to complete the package. I'd buy one.

ittybitty 03-07-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by team3six (Post 2964504)
The problem is we use the flat round plastic piece and attach a sewing bobbin to that in order yo use as a winch.

But still the issue is that the bobbin is so small round that it takes away from spooling., plus the larger the spool.

If you made a spool that was attach and your done as a one piece part. Made the spool a little larger than a bobbin. We would not only be greatfull, but these would sell. Well.

Yeah you'd want a spool that is longer...not larger in diameter...this would make it easier to mount on a flat surface and also keep the torque numbers up. The further the winch line gets from the spool center line the less torque the servo will have...this would only be a problem on short pulls though.

sprint28 03-08-2011 04:27 PM

How about a body less moa chassis with the same mount locations as the incision

murderface 03-08-2011 06:51 PM

ok so whose making the add on beads??

BurnLatex 03-08-2011 09:09 PM

I think it this is it..
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/crawler-innovations/291988-crawler-innovations-bead-lock-wideners-vp-wheels.html

These are cool.

Arct1k 03-10-2011 03:32 AM

I'd add a request for lightweight re-designed berg cases... thx

fa1rch1ld 03-10-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by team3six (Post 2964504)

Yep..Id like to see that....

Ill bring my servo winch into the shop..Ya guys can check it out.

tom@vp 03-10-2011 08:00 PM

I have a strong winch idea brewing, but it pivots on another big project which is in process and decides the outcome of the winch idea. so in other words we are on it.

Rig Rocker 03-11-2011 10:23 AM

I'd love to see a VP winch in production "thumbsup"

articzap 03-11-2011 10:09 PM

Damper wheels to prevent shock to the drivetrain in competitive crawling. By damper, think crankshaft damper.

whoodie 03-11-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by articzap (Post 2980895)
Damper wheels to prevent shock to the drivetrain in competitive crawling. By damper, think crankshaft damper.

Something similar to a crank damper won't work, the forces are too high in the drivetrain. If you started going down this path you'd end up with what was essentially a slipper I suspect.

AkFordfan 03-13-2011 12:04 PM

Maybe a brushless winch:mrgreen:, I love mine but they dont make them anymore

BigSki 03-13-2011 08:59 PM

How about some disc brake rotor style hex adapters? I have an old set of the HR ones, but no one ever seems to carry them anymore and now they are worth scale points at a scale comp.

tom@vp 03-13-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSki (Post 2983851)
How about some disc brake rotor style hex adapters? I have an old set of the HR ones, but no one ever seems to carry them anymore and now they are worth scale points at a scale comp.

already designed, waiting for mill time now..

tom@vp 03-13-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by articzap (Post 2980895)

Im not sure what this is, any links

storminator 03-14-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBOFEST (Post 2944214)
4.5" OR 4" SLW'S for the super class rigs!

If you need help with design requirements PM me "thumbsup"

im in"thumbsup"

AkFordfan 03-14-2011 09:27 PM

How about some aluminum wheels that look like the 8 hole axials in 1.9 and 2.2 so we can still use MTheads rings