RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vanquish Products (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products/)
-   -   Opinions on Vp cvd's ? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products/374669-opinions-vp-cvds.html)

Vp Monkey 03-25-2012 09:17 PM

Vp wraith xr10 cvds released

Oh yea, it will be happening. "thumbsup"

Any concerns about present cvd's? At first we will be making them for all the Axial brands. Ax-10, Wraith, and Exo.

jeeper_05 03-25-2012 10:30 PM

Re: Opinions on Vp cvd's ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vp Monkey (Post 3649432)
Oh yea, it will be happening. "thumbsup"

Any concerns about present cvd's? At first we will be making them for all the Axial brands. Ax-10, Wraith, and Exo.

Biggest concern is keeping them available, good price point, turn hard, and STRONG....we have no doubts that you will come up with something amazing Jim, and Tom!

Vp Monkey 03-25-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeper_05 (Post 3649571)
Biggest concern is keeping them available, good price point, turn hard, and STRONG....we have no doubts that you will come up with something amazing Jim, and Tom!

I am pretty sure this will be one of those times we will be able to meet those 3 requirements.

Also thinking of running in different materials, so people can choose how strong they would like it to be. this will be dependent on material pricing. If it is close then we will make one style. If there is a huge gap, then multiple.

Jim

Highlucks 03-26-2012 06:17 AM

Awesome. Why no XR10?

Vp Monkey 03-26-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highlucks (Post 3649788)
Awesome. Why no XR10?

Just forgot to write xr10 down. That will happen also.

Jim

ev0l 03-26-2012 01:56 PM

first thoughts.....YESSSS!!!11

ideas: oversize diameter pins, Or made out of some supernaturally hard material. I HATE replacing those things.

can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Szczerba 03-26-2012 02:06 PM

You guys have probably already worked it into the design but design them to retain the cross pin with something besides a set screw. Like the AX10 CVD's with the sleeves. Oh and thanks!

CarterFab 03-26-2012 03:05 PM

Make them 5mm whole length. The wraith specific ones only need a few thousandths clearances for the link brackets to pass through. No more big neck downs. Make the stub 5 mm also. No need for 4mm. Run them out of 4340 or like material. Don't mess around with multiple versions. Stick to one that works and make available.

And how about scale driveshafts?
Please please?

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

bigstu 03-26-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterFab (Post 3650534)
Please please?

I'll second this one big time. Come up with some high angle CVD's or something that is a scale like drive shaft, that can handle some power, in variable or easy to modify lengths, and you will have some more of my business.

chicklet 03-26-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vp Monkey (Post 3649634)
I am pretty sure this will be one of those times we will be able to meet those 3 requirements.

Also thinking of running in different materials, so people can choose how strong they would like it to be. this will be dependent on material pricing. If it is close then we will make one style. If there is a huge gap, then multiple.

Jim

Yes please! :twisted:

TEDROCKZ 03-26-2012 04:06 PM

Build them and they will come.............:mrgreen:

666 03-26-2012 04:11 PM

AX10, Wraith, I am down!! Must be able to handle high horsepower though.....These new Tekin Pro4 motors through down a hurtin' on parts!:twisted:

If you do a AX10 version will they use existing knuckles and c'hubs?

Vp Monkey 03-26-2012 04:23 PM

Looks like great minds think alike :D

I am still debating with myself between 4mm and 5mm stub shaft on my drawing. I am always trying to make everything backwards compatible. Will the 5mm interfere with something I can not for see? And I can not imgaine to much breakage with even 4mm threads. all the load is in different spots. talking to harley, he says he has seen them break for impacts. But not sure what kind of material that was.

Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterFab (Post 3650534)
Make them 5mm whole length. The wraith specific ones only need a few thousandths clearances for the link brackets to pass through. No more big neck downs. Make the stub 5 mm also. No need for 4mm. Run them out of 4340 or like material. Don't mess around with multiple versions. Stick to one that works and make available.

Please please?

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

Vp Monkey 03-26-2012 04:25 PM

This will be the motor I will be testing with, sooo :D

We can definitely over engineer something. But we are still confident we can build these to take a beating with in the confines of stock sizes. So my goal is to fit with in the stock setup.

Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 3650656)
AX10, Wraith, I am down!! Must be able to handle high horsepower though.....These new Tekin Pro4 motors through down a hurtin' on parts!:twisted:

If you do a AX10 version will they use existing knuckles and c'hubs?

666 03-26-2012 04:27 PM

Take the measurements off a SDS cvd, and go from there. The bigger stub like what he has holds up ALOT better. You would have to increase one bearing size, but that is no big deal IMO.

eisman 03-26-2012 04:56 PM

In, thanks for the chance.

XR10 for me please :)

666 03-26-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisman (Post 3650767)
In, thanks for the chance.

XR10 for me please :)

I hate to be the one... But what is wrong with XR10 shafts?

eisman 03-26-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 3650773)
I hate to be the one... But what is wrong with XR10 shafts?

IMO, absolutely nothing.

But after a year of hard use, mine are starting to develop some play and show some wear. I could probably replace with stock pieces and be very happy, but if Vanquish is going to make some... I can't resist.

In fact, if they made rear axles too, I'd be all over that!

Hittman 03-26-2012 08:51 PM

Yes! These would be so awsome!

And i do like the idea of mutiple materials to give people a choice on strength"thumbsup"

rcjunky3 03-26-2012 09:21 PM

affordability, availability and a set of 2 long sides for super bergs would be off the hook