Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Bry73's Revamped 1.9 Scale Comp Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Bry73's Revamped 1.9 Scale Comp Truck

Hey all you Vaterra Fanatics, My first Ascender that I bought that was a RTR I have been using as my 1.9 scale comp rig. it has remained mostly stock with the addition of GCM's 5 mm diff inputs and Junfac driveshafts.

Well here in Minnesota the competition is pretty stiff in all 3 classes that we run. So besides having more front to rear weight bias and good articulation, the one thing that I found still hurting no matter what was the Center of Gravity still a bit to high. So after our open practice day that we had I decided to order a Homebrew Chassis from 149 R/C Worx (Nerby149)
Several of the drivers had switched over to running his chassis on there scx10's. I received the rails after our 1st comp since it was only 1 week after our open practice and I just had the time today to do the switch.

Vattera Ascender 1.9 Scale Comp Truck With Homebrew Chassis from 149 R/C WORX ( Nerby149 ),
Build used: Homebrew Aluminum Chassis rails
Stock Ascender Skid and Transmission
Stock Ascender Axles and Link Lengths
Stock Frame End Caps
Stock Sliders
Had to add 1 hole on each rail for first hole of skid /upper link mounts
Then had to slot 1 hole each rail for rear skid / upper link mount.
Did install rails backwards on first attempt, Should know better than working when tired and drinking.

Also for clearance reasons to shoot through some of the gaps up on 2 wheels the Blazer body had to go, so last year it was a 61 Impala, this year a 82 El Camino.
Bry73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2016, 05:02 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bry73's Revamped 1.9 Scale Comp Truck

Pretty cool, good to see peeps tinkering! If you have room, add some headlights in to the El Camino body. Any trail or comp pics?

EDIT: Chopped front bumper, no rear bumper, any idea how high body is in comparison to stock?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Sadly no pics of my rigs comping or trailing since I am the one that does the recording of our comps. I will try to have someone grab some footage of my rigs running.

Body wise I am at 7 inches over all now verses the 9 inches with just my K5 body sitting on the sliders.

Yeah here in Minnesota our 1.9 trail comp rigs run basically like a class 2 style truck. Last year nobody had front or rear bumpers, this year front bumpers are required, but only have to connect to frame and be wider than frame.
Our 2.2 Trail class no bumpers are allowed, We are trying to keep the rules fairly loose so anyone can come and run with us and get in with out having to completely revert back to box stock.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Crawl this weekend???
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:45 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Will be tomorrow. Got batteries ready for trucks and camera's
Old 05-03-2016, 11:04 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

O. K. Here are the promised pictures from our latest comp, I had another club member record some of my run and that was all only got the first 5 gates and the other person I handed my camera off to got nothing. I may of just asked him to hold my camera too.

Don't look that hard but others choose to go down the hill from the start and climb back up through,
I was 2nd one on this course and I went with turning and going side hill through.

Gate 2 easy little climb

Gate 3 down hill drop that leads right to gate 4

Taking it slow so it don't bounce and tumble on down

Trying to get lined up for gate 5

Trying to get lined up for gate 5

Still holding on, but I took a reverse and it slid and landed down into that pit, Had to take a
re position to last gate. 2nd time heading to 5 I stayed left just a couple of inches more.

Bry73's Revamped 1.9 Scale Comp Truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old comp truck turned scale truck (the rebuild, AGAIN!) Metal Masher 1.9 Scale Rigs 74 08-23-2015 08:54 PM
old comp truck turned scale truck (the rebuild!) Metal Masher 1.9 Scale Rigs 32 01-02-2013 01:23 AM
old comp truck turned scale truck Metal Masher 1.9 Scale Rigs 50 04-22-2011 01:16 PM
portals for scale or a comp truck? d-fly General Crawlers 0 06-21-2008 10:09 PM