Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Aftermarket Ascender Parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2015, 06:51 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Aftermarket Ascender Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
Out of curiosity, where did you see $50 plastic c hubs? From what I've seen, the Vaterra parts costs seem to fall well within the typical OEM range. RPP has OEM plastic c's and knuckles for $13 (sold together as a complete set), Vaterra aluminum c's for $25, and Vaterra aluminum knuckles (they call them spindles) for $40. I also found the HD pinion and shaft prices to be quite reasonable (though obviously would have liked those to be included in the kit off the bat).
Im saying Vaterras aluminum axle Cs are a direct reproduction of the plastic counter part. Nothing extra was added to them. At least when you buy axial branded axle C's you get clockable options.

Have you priced out building a set of vaterra axles with aluminum C hubs, bearing carriers, lock outs, cvds, hardened gears, etc? I have! You might as well buy a kit(which is what I ended up doing) or currie axles!

Last edited by lsone; 03-17-2015 at 03:37 PM.
lsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2015, 06:58 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
Out of curiosity, where did you see $50 plastic c hubs? From what I've seen, the Vaterra parts costs seem to fall well within the typical OEM range. RPP has OEM plastic c's and knuckles for $13 (sold together as a complete set), Vaterra aluminum c's for $25, and Vaterra aluminum knuckles (they call them spindles) for $40. I also found the HD pinion and shaft prices to be quite reasonable (though obviously would have liked those to be included in the kit off the bat).
Your price is wrong on the C's...

Vaterra aluminum C's are $40 (54$ in canada)
Vaterra Ascender Front Carrier Set (2)

Spindles 54$ in Canada

Rear lock outs 39$ in Canada

Spend another 5-10 bucks and you get a kick ass re-engineering product from another vendor. Just seems very steep for stock replacement.

Its funny. My axles are bone stock and will remain that way until the other companies start coming out with aftermarket parts. The rest of the truck, not so stock.

Last edited by lsone; 03-17-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:29 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
Well I wouldn't say Gold but i understand where you are coming from. These parts are very expensive to produce. I've tried to be consistent with the market prices, even though we're making less margin than my bosses want to know... (please don't tell my bosses lol).
There are some cheaper parts produced in China for the Axial and other vehicles but i think you'll find the quality on the majority of those parts not very good.

Wish i could make these parts dirt cheap but unfortunately that just won't happen with the quality we expect.

Rich
It's awesome that you are cruising the forum and keep up on what customers are looking for. The ascender is in my opinion the first rig that will give axial a run for it's money. Others have tried and failed. We're not here to knock you down, just voice our opinion. We priced out a set of axles for "lsone" with the vaterra upgrades(minus the brass weights I think) and it was almost $600CAD if I remember right. That, is insane for a set of more or less stock axles.
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:45 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Basically your blaming Vaterra for your exchange rate. I'm not sure how you got to $600.00 CAD so here's a break down using prices from RPP in USD. I'm not sure why your building complete axles when you should have everything anway if you own an Ascender with the exception of the Aluminum upgrades which will cost you less than $100.00 for all of it.

Front & Rear axle housing - $16.99
24t Spool - $19.99 x2
HD pinion gears - $9.99
Rear axle shafts - $16.99
Front CV shafts - $34.99
Aluminum rear C hubs - $24.99
Aluminum front C hubs - $39.99
Aluminum knuckles - $39.99
Diff covers - $7.99
Fast Eddy bearing kit - $21.99

Total price for two complete axles with aluminum upgrades and HD gears =$253.89 USD and with brass weights on the front ($34.99) =$288.88 USD

Canadian exchange rate as of today =$369.77 CAD

And keep in mind I used a complete bearing kit in the pricing which will do the whole rig not just axles, so to get all technical it would actually cost a little less considering that. I've also seen the aluminum parts for less on eBay.

Personally I don't have a problem with Vaterras pricing, it's in line with everyone else's. I don't own every Axial rig but usually their aluminum upgrades match the stock parts and are only adjustable, etc. if the stock plastic parts are but I may be wrong and I'm not going to concern myself with it to be honest. You've hijacked a thread that is about what aftermarket parts you would like to see not Vaterras prices are too high.

Last edited by SteveC6R; 03-18-2015 at 05:57 AM.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:55 AM   #45
Pebble Pounder

I'm from Canada my self and while the i agree the parts cost could be lower (who wouldn't ) think big cost i find is the shipping and duties to cross the boarder. Neither of which is vaterras problem

Last edited by MudMonster; 03-18-2015 at 05:57 AM.
MudMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:00 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC6R View Post
Basically your blaming Vaterra for your exchange rate. I'm not sure how you got to $600.00 CAD so here's a break down using prices from RPP in USD. I'm not sure why your building complete axles when you should have everything anway if you own an Ascender with the exception of the Aluminum upgrades which will cost you less than $100.00 for all of it.

Front & Rear axle housing - $16.99
24t Spool - $19.99 x2
HD pinion gears - $9.99
Rear axle shafts - $16.99
Front CV shafts - $34.99
Aluminum rear C hubs - $24.99
Aluminum front C hubs - $39.99
Aluminum knuckles - $39.99
Diff covers - $7.99
Fast Eddy bearing kit - $21.99

Total price for two complete axles with aluminum upgrades and HD gears =$253.89 USD and with brass weights on the front ($34.99) =$288.88 USD

Canadian exchange rate as of today =$369.77 CAD

And keep in mind I used a complete bearing kit in the pricing which will do the whole rig not just axles, so to get all technical it would actually cost a little less considering that. I've also seen the aluminum parts for less on eBay.

Personally I don't have a problem with Vaterras pricing, it's in line with everyone else's. I don't own every Axial rig but usually their aluminum upgrades match the stock parts and are only adjustable, etc. if the stock plastic parts are but I may be wrong and I'm not going to concern myself with it to be honest. You've hijacked a thread that is about what aftermarket parts you would like to see not Vaterras prices are too high.
keep adding.

wheel hexes/pins
MIPs(so you can put the pinion onto something LOL)
hardware because Vaterra uses goofy sizes.

But youre getting close to what just the axles are worth.

Why did I want to buy just the axles? because I build most of my crawlers. Had a JK frame almost done and decided I wanted ascender axles under it. Ended up just buying a kit and GCM goodies.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:20 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABIDFOX View Post
I am praying for Werty bumpers front / rear and maybe some sliders?

STRC will no doubt be throwing some metal goodness in the ring.

I'm thinking SSD 1.9 beadlocks with some VooDoos or Pit Bulls and CI foams.

I use to own a K5 so this has a bit of nostalgia for me.
Thanks for the thoughts. I had one for a bit. The ascender came out at the wrong time for me to start on it. I have TF2 parts first. Then I'll get on the wagon and make something cool.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:42 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty Made View Post
Thanks for the thoughts. I had one for a bit. The ascender came out at the wrong time for me to start on it. I have TF2 parts first. Then I'll get on the wagon and make something cool.
Cool. Your stuff is worth the wait.
RABIDFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:45 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMonster View Post
I'm from Canada my self and while the i agree the parts cost could be lower (who wouldn't ) think big cost i find is the shipping and duties to cross the boarder. Neither of which is vaterras problem
I hear PM Hobbycraft is good to deal with. DJ Medic swears by them.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

I deal with pm all the time. One of my best friends works there. They don't stock any parts for the ascender let alone hop up parts.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMonster View Post
I deal with pm all the time. One of my best friends works there. They don't stock any parts for the ascender let alone hop up parts.
Oh man, I would think that they would have. Sorry. Shot in the dark.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Yeah i bought my kit from them but they don't stock parts. Truth be told they seem to be going down hill! Anyways I'm sure I've mentioned this befor but since i just broke another one.... new hd front axels would be awesome lol
Old 04-09-2015, 12:10 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDiff952 View Post
ToyZuki Forward motor mount.

Dinky SplitSkid.

Vanquish Curries!
Top of my priority list, right after nationals!
ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:01 PM   #54
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeley View Post
A proper interior
Sliders, some nice metal ones
Inner fenders, wheel arches
Nice choice of metal bumpers,
Rear tyre/tire carrier
Something to stop the mega torque twist.

Im very happy with my ascender, i just want to make it a little more scale and just have more choice overall with hopups

Interior already exists bud,

Exclusive RC
Exclusive RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:44 PM   #55

For those who asked, found these Ascender rear light buckets and lens (you supply hardware), inner fender wells, front and rear....

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/agrc

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
icculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

woud like to see a diff cover with a lot of weight and a replacable guard ie delrin or stainless and some thing to protect the underside of the axle and belly pan in stainless, weighted steering knuckles and chubs that are clockable with double sheer for the steering. swaybar set that tuneable like natedogs setup.rear lock outs with mounts for swaybar mounting and bigger bearings or the axle truss for swaybar mounts

if you build it they will come

Last edited by steven318is; 11-27-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: forgot somting important
steven318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

rear link risers made of alloy would be nice also
Old 11-28-2015, 11:18 PM   #58

Currie axles
Deanihilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

stainless steel lower links would be nice also. any venders watching this tread i wonder
Old 12-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

https://m.facebook.com/rc4x4performancestainless/
norcallump is offline   Reply With Quote

Aftermarket Ascender Parts - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aftermarket Parts evolution21 Axial Wraith 18 02-21-2013 08:13 PM
WK Aftermarket Parts SeanD HPI Wheely King 10 11-10-2007 09:20 PM
Aftermarket parts? fishmasterdan Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 09-22-2007 07:08 AM