Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: What light kit are you using?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2015, 11:38 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default What light kit are you using?

Hi all,

Can you please tell me what light kit you're using for your K5? Links and pictures would be awesome!

Thanks in advance.
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2015, 01:42 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What light kit are you using?

Here's the list that i shop from: HeyOK's RC Electronics items (all in one place)

I use the reverse/brake/driving light controller in my ascender for now, but I have The Lighting Controller just sitting around waiting for me to buy a 4ch radio. At the bottom of the list there are helpful tips, like how to wire L.E.Ds.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Nothing yet, prolly solder up some LEDs, here's a great led that comes with nice long leads already soldered on if you're running 3s, but I"m running 2s on this truck so I'll find something else for this truck.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ent-light/639/

Leds cut to length and solder on a roll
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led-5050/2138/

Might run a pair of Vaterra Slickrock strip leds for rock lights
Vaterra LED Light Bar Insert Slickrock

Then wire up LED headlights in the Blazer body.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:26 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

These make great rock lights, waterproof and durable as hell, run 12VDC and easy to wire and take a beating. I can get them through my work in strings of 50 but they can be cut to any length. I have 2 setup as headlights and 3 as rock lights. they have two holes to mount with screws or 3M sticky tape. Have tested them in water with no issues. They come with about 5 inches of wire between the lights so it can cut down on a lot of wiring.

MIcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I'll probably just use regular super bright LED's and a couple resistors.
I have a Heyok light controller already. Probably going to get the rear light buckets from RCaddict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The last time i soldered my onw led's the world stopped turning and the only thing i saw where flashes and then it went dark.....

So, i decided to buy lightkits and i do not regret it. Especially not for the money they cost. Running this in my (not an Ascender) SCX10. By Asiatees. Plastidipped the whole damned thing, been submerged more then once and just keeps on burning.
Killerbody Led Light System W/Control Box (12 Leds) KB/48102

This one is in my G6 and also works always: G.T. Power Smart LED Lighting System GT/LB1002
MaFoDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:14 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I am using the Common Sense RC's LED Lighting Kit for Cars and Trucks https://www.commonsenserc.com/produc...oducts_id=2636.
Was simple to hook up with a y harness between the ESC and receiver and another y harness between the steering servo and receiver.
I also picked up RCAddicts Tail Light bucket kit. So I have low beams on all the time and High Beams when moving forward, left and right turn, tail lights and brake/ back-up lights.
I did have to do some cutting and soldering so I could run my wires from its control board which I have under the hood and ran the wires down the sides of the body and across the front and back, instead of center mounting and running straight to each light.
Bry73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:17 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

That's a good deal. The Tamiya ones I was getting were much more expensive and don't have the blinker.
Habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:33 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry73 View Post
I am using the Common Sense RC's LED Lighting Kit for Cars and Trucks https://www.commonsenserc.com.
I started my headlamps and marker lights with their pre-soldered leds with resistors and pigtail wire already soldered and shrinkwrapped, LHS had them in stock at $10 for ten of them in a pack, I couldn't resist. I haven't finished wiring yet ,but did plug them into my 2s lipo and they are bright enough and scale. Some of these leds are like the sun....too bright for me at night, blinding, annoying, and not at all scale-like in night crawling pictures. On 3s the CommonSenseRC leds would be quite bright but still not too bright imo.

EDIT: Here's the exact bulbs I bought, but they come in all colors.
https://www.commonsenserc.com/produc...oducts_id=4723

Last edited by Natedog; 08-17-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:48 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry73 View Post
I am using the Common Sense RC's LED Lighting Kit for Cars and Trucks https://www.commonsenserc.com/produc...oducts_id=2636.
Was simple to hook up with a y harness between the ESC and receiver and another y harness between the steering servo and receiver.
I also picked up RCAddicts Tail Light bucket kit. So I have low beams on all the time and High Beams when moving forward, left and right turn, tail lights and brake/ back-up lights.
I did have to do some cutting and soldering so I could run my wires from its control board which I have under the hood and ran the wires down the sides of the body and across the front and back, instead of center mounting and running straight to each light.

How do you like the RCAddicts rear tail light buckets? Been thinking about getting a set. How is the fit and assembly on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #11

Thanks for all the info, I just ordered the buckets and lenses from Rcaddict for my ascender
rotohopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:22 AM   #12
RCC Addict

I use the Axial AXI24257 simple LED controller with leds for a lot of my builds. It's simple, comes with 4 white and 2 red LED's and it works good.

Axial Simple LED Controller w/LED lights [AXI24257] | Parts - AMain.com - AMain.com
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:48 AM   #13

I'm using Common sense RC led light kit on my trx4. I just got it all wired to what they say and now my blinkers don't work correctly when I turn right I get nothing but when I turn left all four blinkers blink. Can anyone help? If I didn't provide enough info please let me know.
Jkenswil is offline   Reply With Quote