Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Vaterra aluminum servo arm issues - clamping screw won't tighten down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Vaterra aluminum servo arm issues - clamping screw won't tighten down

I purchased a Vaterra aluminum servo arm for the new Savox servo that's going on my Ascender. The screw that is used to clamp the servo arm is too short, or possibly the threads in the servo arm are partially stripped. It seems like the hole in the servo arm isn't completely threaded, or the screw is too short.
I'm not sure what diameter the screw is, but it's 5mm long. Probably needs to be about 8 to 10mm long. I'm guessing the screw diameter is a M2.5. It's definitely not a 2mm, or a 3mm!! Tried those already....

Has anyone had any issues with the Vaterra aluminum servo arms? Can anyone verify the diameter of the clamping screw for the servo arm?

Thanks!
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2015, 09:46 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Vaterra aluminum servo arm issues - clamping screw won't tighten down

I have both the vaterra servo horns that have 23T, and 24T, and yup the 23T screw didn't work at all way too short, but the 24T worked out find.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:56 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Vaterra aluminum servo arm issues - clamping screw won't tighten down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
I have both the vaterra servo horns that have 23T, and 24T, and yup the 23T screw didn't work at all way too short, but the 24T worked out find.

I have the 25T aluminum servo arm. So, it must be a random issue. It almost seems like the part that the clamping screw threads into, is only partially threaded. It should have been completely threaded, or at least, threaded more than what they are!! LOL!!

I don't think the servo arm is going anywhere without the clamping screw, so I'm not gonna worry much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Clamp screw must be 2.5 or 2.6mm then, get a longer one and make sure that it almost pokes out the other side of the threaded hole for more thread engagament.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Vaterra aluminum servo arm issues - clamping screw won't tighten down - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UPDATED: Clamping/Locking Aluminum Servo Horn for Single Steering MailManX Traxxas Crawlers 1 02-08-2014 10:27 PM
stripped servo arm screw fix? rckjeep Electronics 6 08-27-2004 12:05 AM