RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vaterra Ascender (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/)
-   -   Ascender stock shock length? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/541437-ascender-stock-shock-length.html)

2-shot 07-29-2015 10:23 PM

Ascender stock shock length?

Is the stock Ascender shocks 105mm from eyelet to eyelet?

Thanks in advance for your help! "thumbsup"

LukeKang77 07-29-2015 10:48 PM

Re: Ascender stock shock length?

Hey eddy!
I measured all four they all read the same. Hope this helps!
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/...ps97gpbhug.jpg

On a different note the honcho turned out very nice! Is it up and running yet? I will shot you some pics of the yeti, finally got my paint today! I should have some time this weekend to work on it.
Take it easy man!

2-shot 07-30-2015 03:49 AM

Thanks for measuring the shocks Luke!! I'm thinking about maybe doing a set of Pro-Line Scaler shocks with the longer HD shock shaft, on my Ascender. They end up being about 105mm with the longer shafts, and with the longer rod end.

Yep, the Honcho is up and running! It has been for a while. I had to trim the fender wells due to some tire rubbing issues. It runs great! I really like the brushed HH motor in it!

Shoot me some pics of the Yeti after you paint it. I want to see its transformation!! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexander_0_1 07-30-2015 06:14 PM

Actually the proline powerstroke scalers are 100mm, maybe 100.5mm in length especially with the longer ball end. They are what I have on my ascender, but them being 100mm helps out with the MIP driveshafts.

MIP driveshafts sort of wobble with the stock shocks, or a shock that is close to the 109mm length.

2-shot 07-30-2015 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 (Post 5271309)
Actually the proline powerstroke scalers are 100mm, maybe 100.5mm in length especially with the longer ball end. They are what I have on my ascender, but them being 100mm helps out with the MIP driveshafts.

MIP driveshafts sort of wobble with the stock shocks, or a shock that is close to the 109mm length.

Hmmm... On Pro-Line's website, they claim that if you use the Rear HD shock shafts, and the longer ball end, it will give you 105mm.

2-shot 07-30-2015 06:56 PM

Taken from Pro-Line's website. Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly?

Next, install the modified shocks on your truck and re-check your clearance. As you can see, we went from 8.5mm to around 9.2mm using the new shafts. Better yet, you can gain another 5mm by adding the included / optional longer length rod ends for a total 14.2mm of lift over the stock length

Alexander_0_1 07-30-2015 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Uh, taken from my table......5mins ago. This is with the extended ball end."thumbsup"

2-shot 07-30-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 (Post 5271405)
Uh, taken from my table......5mins ago. This is with the extended ball end."thumbsup"

Uh, ok... [emoji106]

I misread the info that Pro-Line had on their website, my apologies...

Pro-Line stated over 100mm when using the HD shafts and the extended ball ends, I assumed it would be around the 105mm range - my mistake...

Alexander_0_1 07-30-2015 09:59 PM

Actually, I read that too, and when I finally got around to assembling them I was kinda disappointed, but it was a bonus to notice that my MIP driveshafts stooped wobbling...they kinda made an almost clicking sound, or on the cusp of clicking...

2-shot 07-30-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 (Post 5271419)
Actually, I read that too, and when I finally got around to assembling them I was kinda disappointed, but it was a bonus to notice that my MIP driveshafts stooped wobbling...they kinda made an almost clicking sound, or on the cusp of clicking...

Hmm... Maybe I'll look into the Vaterra aluminum shocks...

Natedog 07-31-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 (Post 5271419)

Sounds like the MIP shafts don't have quite enough spline engagement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2-shot (Post 5271424)
Hmm... Maybe I'll look into the Vaterra aluminum shocks...

They are very nice shocks. "thumbsup"

Captainkickass 08-01-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 5271654)
Sounds like the MIP shafts don't have quite enough spline engagement.

They are very nice shocks. "thumbsup"

X2 on that the aluminum Vaterra shocks

Sent from the clouds

2-shot 08-02-2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainkickass (Post 5272294)
X2 on that the aluminum Vaterra shocks

Sent from the clouds

Well... I just pulled the trigger on a new set of Vaterra aluminum shocks for my Ascender. I think the stock shocks are nice, if they didn't have the clip issue covering the piston holes. They're some of the best stock shocks I've seen on a RTR! [emoji106]
I know the Vaterra aluminum shocks will be nice and smooth. Can't wait to get them and get them installed!