Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Veterra Bronco Old Yeller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Guess where I got these

Also my kit Blazer body is not pre-drilled. Fingers crossed.

SHOme

Sent from my Speak and Spell
SHOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOme View Post
It's on WB1. I think I have it worked out. I won't really know until. I get her going. I didn't really want the off the shelf blue anyway. I hope it comes without holes but I will deal with otherwise. Thanks for the offer on the links. I have a few remaining. What do you think of the proline 90 mm shocks on this? I have 2 and put the on the front. Not a lot of travel but it seems to work for a class 1. They are silky smooth compared to stock shocks.

SHOme

OK, hard to tell from across my keyboard and monitor lol. You're welcome, let us know if you need some later. The Proline Scalers 90mm are very nice shocks, Proline Spring tuning kit available too. I had to rebuild mine once when new, next time I'll order some x-rings from www.mcmaster.com to rebuild them with, but they are very smooth and good quality shocks.

Quote:
Also my kit Blazer body is not pre-drilled. Fingers crossed.
Hmmm, maybe they changed but two kits I got from Horizon have pre-punched body mount holes. BTW, I remember the Speak and Spell, your sigline is hilarious.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:43 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

My kit it from 2013. The body is currently for sale in the classifieds along with another. Maybe they changed at one point or another. Who knows. I'm in the market for 2 more scalers I guess.

SHOme

Old 01-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Got a couple of deliveries today. Look no holes! Yeah!!!!

SHOme

Old 01-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Awesome, looks like Vaterra has updated the clear bodies, nice they put little dimples, but no holes! Tekin FXR and 35T combo is awesome, you'll love it! 2S or 3S?
Old 01-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

It's actually a 45 turn. I have limited knowledge on the motor, battery, gearing stuff. I have deciphered that a 45T will have more torque and will be slower. I figured that would be OK with the two speed? I really enjoy a scale slow crawl. Watching the suspension work gets me deep inside. I drove my Dad's RTR thought it was fast for my taste. Ernie hooked me up with a steal on a TF2. It has a 30T and it is perfect with the 2 speed. I am hoping I am in the same wheelhouse with a 45T on this. I also have a 14T pinion. What's your pinion on my set up

SHOme

Old 01-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Got a couple of deliveries today. Look no holes! Yeah!!!!

SHOme

Nice choices Cary, and good to see the body came with no holes. You'd better be careful or Vickie is going to hide your wallet!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:42 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Both were birthday gifts from my Mom and Vicki. I guess she thinks I'm doing a good job on the bedroom. I am trying to split my time 70/30. She gets the 70

SHOme

Old 01-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It's actually a 45 turn. I have limited knowledge on the motor, battery, gearing stuff. I have deciphered that a 45T will have more torque and will be slower. I figured that would be OK with the two speed? I really enjoy a scale slow crawl. Watching the suspension work gets me deep inside. I drove my Dad's RTR thought it was fast for my taste. Ernie hooked me up with a steal on a TF2. It has a 30T and it is perfect with the 2 speed. I am hoping I am in the same wheelhouse with a 45T on this. I also have a 14T pinion. What's your pinion on my set up
Oops, shoulda looked closer. That will be perfect for what you described, want a bit more or less speed and a couple teeth up or down pinion will put you there.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

. Trying to set driver height. I might carve seats out of pink foam. It's very light

SHOme

Old 01-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

I think this is it.

SHOme

Old 01-17-2017, 07:04 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

I had a piece of aluminum corner bead used in office buildings. I decided to try to make it work for a budget slider. I cut the stock slider mount down to accommodate it. Then it didn't look sliderish. So I had a piece of metal from a filing cabinet and added it to the end. It looks decent. I also started a foam board interior. It takes a while when it's your first shot. Lots of trail and error.

SHOme

Old 01-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I had a piece of aluminum corner bead used in office buildings. I decided to try to make it work for a budget slider. I cut the stock slider mount down to accommodate it. Then it didn't look sliderish. So I had a piece of metal from a filing cabinet and added it to the end. It looks decent. I also started a foam board interior. It takes a while when it's your first shot. Lots of trail and error.

SHOme

Repurpose, Repurpose, repurpose!!! Your right on the alum not being very sliderish, it would probably grab more then slide. The metal will help a lot. I like seeing you guys step out of the box.
Ernie
Old 01-18-2017, 04:16 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Do you think the foam board will hold up? I am concerned about it getting wet because of the paper covering. I was thinking painting it may make it last longer. I also have some red stuff I used to waterproof the durock on my shower project left over. I think that would do it and add some strength to it. If it fails I will have all the dimensions to make it out of styrene.
Opinions please.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:44 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Do you think the foam board will hold up? I am concerned about it getting wet because of the paper covering. I was thinking painting it may make it last longer. I also have some red stuff I used to waterproof the durock on my shower project left over. I think that would do it and add some strength to it. If it fails I will have all the dimensions to make it out of styrene.
Opinions please.
Kind of iffy Cary, once you add everything to the interior, gravity will start doing its thing on roll overs and crashes. And once it gets wet it will want to warp. If it was just a static model it would be fine.
Ernie
Old 01-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Well I have started it now. Its easy to work with and the hot glue sets quickly. I will document the dimensions of each piece so I can try my hand at styrene next. It's a lot cheaper to screw up. I will try and waterproof it when done and cross my fingers. You will probably tell me told you so.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:55 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Opinions please.
Quote:
Well I have started it now. Its easy to work with and the hot glue sets quickly. I will document the dimensions of each piece so I can try my hand at styrene next. It's a lot cheaper to screw up. I will try and waterproof it when done and cross my fingers. You will probably tell me told you so.
I would never say those words to you!! Besides it may work out just fine.
Ernie
Old 01-19-2017, 04:42 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

I finished sliders and rear fenders. I cut the deck for the front fenders and constructed one. Then I discovered the inboard side of the front fenders needs to be pretty much up against the frame otherwise the tire rubs when turning sharp. So tonight I will try to figure out how to make it work. My son gave me this engine to try. It's to small but it looks cool. I know how everyone likes pictures so here you go.

SHOme

Old 01-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

I wasn't happy with the foam so went a different direction. I tried Coroplast. It turned out great so far. Now that I have all the dimensions I could easily reproduce these with minimal gluing so I can make one for my Dad's Bronco. I filled the inboard fender wells with black styrene. I had to take one of my daughter's to UNC Wilmington for a pitching/recruitment camp this weekend so I won't get to finish this weekend. For my first attempt at an interior it is coming out great. Below is the progression.

SHOme

Old 01-23-2017, 04:01 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

My shocks were hitting my inner fenders so I carefully shaped them to allow clearance. I don't think I have ever seen an inner fender on A 1:1 that was perfectly flat anyway

SHOme

Veterra Bronco Old Yeller - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guess what it will be????? motorman1600 1.9 Scale Rigs 73 12-02-2009 02:12 PM
Can You Guess drumbeater Chit Chat 18 08-13-2009 07:25 PM
Guess where I'm going! robbo989 Chit Chat 21 04-20-2007 05:26 PM
guess what. Double J Chit Chat 38 01-08-2007 12:21 AM
guess what im getting!! m0nkey98 Chit Chat 6 12-23-2006 04:43 PM