Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Ascender Bronco Kit ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Ascender Bronco Kit ???

I've been away from rc trucks for over two years and want to get back into the hobby again. I've been trying to read posts about the Ascender but there are just too many. So I have a couple of questions.

Have all of the instruction manuals been updated?

Is there good parts support, are they available. My local hobby shop carries the RTR's but no kits and no parts. I've seen parts being made in Europe and Canada but not here.

Do they have a Bronco kit? Does it include a Bronco body?

Do the RTR's and kits have the HD parts?

Are there any upgrades in the kits that the RTR's don't have?

Thanks guys.
raceeng18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ascender Bronco Kit ???

See answers below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceeng18 View Post
I've been away from rc trucks for over two years and want to get back into the hobby again. I've been trying to read posts about the Ascender but there are just too many. So I have a couple of questions.

Have all of the instruction manuals been updated? I don't believe they have but my Ascender is over 2 years old so I can't say for sure.

Is there good parts support, are they available. My local hobby shop carries the RTR's but no kits and no parts. I've seen parts being made in Europe and Canada but not here. RPP and Amain have all the parts, that is all the support I need.

Do they have a Bronco kit? Does it include a Bronco body? No Bronco kit. It was said long ago there were no plans for one, don't know if Vaterra has changed their position on this but seems unlikely.

Do the RTR's and kits have the HD parts? Yes

Are there any upgrades in the kits that the RTR's don't have? No, the RTR and kit are mechanically the same. The kit does give you extra parts to change wheelbases though.

Thanks guys.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Q:Have all of the instruction manuals been updated?
A:From what I have seen there are still errors in the manuals, But if you jump from say the Ascender Blazer to the K10 you can sometimes spot the errors.

bookmark this thread as it pretty much covers all the errors withing reason: Things to know before you start building your Ascender...

Vaterra parts listing and build manuals: Product Support: Vaterra

Q:Is there good parts support, are they available. My local hobby shop carries the RTR's but no kits and no parts. I've seen parts being made in Europe and Canada but not here.

A: RPP Hobby - Horizon Hobby ( distributor ) to name 2 and your LHS should be able to order you a kit. Boils down to Kit vs RTR cost by the time you are done and what you want to spend / want to do.

Q: Do they have a Bronco kit? Does it include a Bronco body?
A: Main page to vaterra website, only kit they have is the Ascender Blazer( not incl twin hammers stuff): Off-Road Vehicles: Vaterra

Q: Do the RTR's and kits have the HD parts?
A: Yes they all come with HD, unless you buy a kit thats been on the shelf for the last few years.

Q: Are there any upgrades in the kits that the RTR's don't have?
A: No up grades, the Blazer kit comes with all of the links to adjust to the different wheel bases you can build from.

Last edited by northern hooligan; 01-11-2017 at 12:49 PM. Reason: SVT beat me to it .......
northern hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #4

If you want the Bronco you either have to get the RTR or buy the Blazer kit, sell the body, build it with the Bronco wheelbase and buy a Bronco body. As far as I remember all of the Ascenders are the same except for the wheelbase and body.

The manual has not been updated nor was there an addendum with my kit. Shame on Vaterra, but that's no different than all of the glaring issues in the manual on the Axial kits that were never corrected (I'm looking at you Dingo).

RPP has parts to me in 2 to 3 days like clockwork so you should get them just as fast if not faster in California. Most local hobby shops are dinosaurs stuck in the past.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:23 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thank you for the replies svt923, northern hooligan, and JatoTheRipper. My local hs has the RTR Bronco. After reading your posts I think I'll go for the RTR, I can always use another radio for spares.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I built a blazer w/I the last 6 mos and errors were there...but the link above covers they all, if I remeber right the link lengths and the shims for the axels were the 2 glaring issues, both of which are covered in multiple places on this site. I bought the blazer kit...then decided 2 months later to get a bronco to have a short WB option...both are awsome!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Chris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I agree with Svt923 and the others!

Thanks for taking the time to spell it out.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris81 View Post
I built a blazer w/I the last 6 mos and errors were there...but the link above covers they all, if I remeber right the link lengths and the shims for the axels were the 2 glaring issues, both of which are covered in multiple places on this site. I bought the blazer kit...then decided 2 months later to get a bronco to have a short WB option...both are awsome!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thank you Chris81, going to pick it up tomorrow.

Ascender Bronco Kit ??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Vaterra Bronco Ascender Killa-Cotton General Crawlers 5 08-12-2015 03:27 PM
Axial SCX10 kit vs Vaterra Ascender K5 Kit darkghost92 Newbie General 26 05-05-2015 01:04 AM
Ascender K5 kit or Axial Jeep wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Kit? Dali Newbie General 3 12-20-2014 05:24 PM