Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: my K10 cystic fibrosis tribute built - 2 speed with a twist, dual winches Pic heavy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: my K10 cystic fibrosis tribute built - 2 speed with a twist, dual winches Pic hea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyrx70 View Post
If you could get away with a six channel receiver the hobby king ones have the plugs pointing upwards and fit really well in the box �� And they bing no problem with the gt3c. Or de case the 8 channel to gain a few mm �� That's how I'm running one in a summit looks good dipped in plastidip ��
Good points, but a bottle of conformal coating and a small paint brush are much better at water proofing than plastidip.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2017, 05:59 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Default Re: my K10 cystic fibrosis tribute built - 2 speed with a twist, dual winches Pic hea

Yep that's what's in my ascender although my gt3c is hacked but shouldn't make any difference
Cheers Andy
bradyrx70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:02 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Thanks Natedog��

Plastidip was what I used about 3years ago before I found out about conformal coating lol

Cheers Andy
bradyrx70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:37 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

made some progress.

lights are running off the radio. i still have to get the headlights in. using 10mm prewired LED's for headlights. i had a ton of them and i can't find the bag lol. so i'm waiting on those to come in. But anyway, in the meantime...

https://youtu.be/IoojIym1ZLU

i have both winches running. Front is running of it's on 600 mah 3s lipo from an RC plane and has it's own 60 amp ESC. Rear is using a rc4wd wired setup to the 4th channel.

https://youtu.be/yeOczQOQmtU

still fine tuning the 2 speed. i may change out to a full size servo at some point.

https://youtu.be/wDyiOGwR2_g
2k2wranglerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:07 PM   #25

why not just get the dual motor winch?
NateR OG E-revo is offline   Reply With Quote

my K10 cystic fibrosis tribute built - 2 speed with a twist, dual winches Pic heavy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please, we need your help by rising money to find the cure of Cystic Fibrosis. thetinman85 South Carolina 0 01-09-2014 04:46 AM