Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: updated Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2017, 05:46 AM   #1

Default updated Blazer

I did a few custom upgrades to my Blazer over the last couple of months and was very happy with the performance. Just got back from a long camping trip, my Blazer was climbing hills and overtaking obstacles that it was incapable of before. Looking to change out the OEM bumpers and sliders next.Here is a list of mods;
-GearHead CL rims
-CI 2-stage foams
-RC4WD MT baja claws
-Castle blue 2280 and Mamba Micro X
-New body and paint
-Vanquish VVD (broke one of the OEM's)
Truck seems to run/perform perfect for me now, by far my favorite RC. I took the old body and painted it up like a CHIPs vehicle. First time I painted lexan on the outside, turned out pretty cool with the light bar.
Attached Images

Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2017, 12:05 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: updated Blazer

Gunmetal black combo looks sharp. It's hard to tell are there lights on? If not, what did you use for the amber leses?
rag6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #3

Thanks. Yes, the lights are on. I also painted the lense with turn signal amber.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #4
RCC Addict

How does the speed of that motor compare to a 35T brushed motor?
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:59 PM   #5

Top end is definitely faster but not uncontrollable, nor does it seem like it is too fast for the vehicle. The biggest difference I notice is that is has more 'punch' to spin the wheels when you need if...really climbs better. The sensored bushless has great low speed control too, I'm very happy with the change, big improvement for me.
I'm just a weekend trail runner that really enjoys cruising RC's around when we go camping. The advanced level crawlers on the forum would probably have a more in-depth opinion on the set up.
Pic of the OEM body I painted up like a CHIPs truck. Put red lights in the low beam lens and blue behind the turn signal lens. I found a decal at the LHS that looked like carbon fiber, used that on the hood of the new body.
Attached Images

updated Blazer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using a Blazer CGR interior inside a 'full top' PLR Blazer body-Has anyone done this? BeeRC Paint and Body 4 10-31-2009 03:37 PM
Nascarkeith's Proline Blazer CGR Bodied Blazer Wheely King nascarkeith HPI Wheely King 6 10-30-2009 02:49 AM