Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Hubs and Knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Hubs and Knuckles

I'm in the process of installing Vaterra aluminum hubs and knuckles on my Ascender Blazer. Or spindle and carriers as Vaterra calls them. I can't seem to get the spindle to slide over the carrier while the axle is aligned in the bearing inside the spindle. What am I doing wrong? It seems as if once the axle stub end goes in, it throws off the alignment of these two components.
DMS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #2

Default Re: Hubs and Knuckles

Run into the same problem each time. Turn the C hubs, get the axle shaft engaged, while keeping the shafts engaged rotate the C hubs to line up the screw holes. Hope that helps a bit.
Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nails View Post
Run into the same problem each time. Turn the C hubs, get the axle shaft engaged, while keeping the shafts engaged rotate the C hubs to line up the screw holes. Hope that helps a bit.
Thanks! After reading this a couple times, it clicked. Then I knew what I had to do. Went right together, but it's still a mystery to me why it wouldn't line up.
DMS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nails View Post
Me too, it's kinda pita because of the camber in the kingpin alignment, but that helps the steering. Your method works for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS70 View Post
Thanks! After reading this a couple times, it clicked. Then I knew what I had to do. Went right together, but it's still a mystery to me why it wouldn't line up.
Good. I was reading RPP Hobby's blog on their Ascender build the other day and they said to install the knuckle to the C and then install them to the axle housing as a unit. Little more work if you're doing field repairs due to steering linkage but this helps the inner axle shaft line up with the spool.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Hubs and Knuckles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VP 8* knuckles and hubs Mutant_Xj Axial SCX-10 0 02-19-2012 02:45 PM
knuckles and c hubs hoghead5150 Axial Wraith 5 09-17-2011 10:45 PM
inner knuckles (c-hubs) twistedsmily Newbie General 4 07-12-2008 07:39 AM