Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Tribute to my Dad's 79 F100 featuring Banzai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #241
RCC Addict

Default Re: Tribute to my Dad's 79 F100 featuring Banzai

BTW, I print shirts...
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2018, 12:17 PM   #242
I wanna be Dave

Browneye....duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude that's a cool shirt!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:39 PM   #243
RCC Addict

Love that shirt
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #244
RCC Addict

While it's true, I do print shirts at the company I work for - we do screen printed and embroidered corporate wear. But we can print anything on anything.
The shirt above was simply a search result for images: 'cool cat shirts'

We could develop our own design and print up a batch - but these are commercial grade high-run, so at least 24 garments to make it reasonable on a per-piece basis. Screens and film output for graphic elements run $45 per color per location - plus an undercoat or 'flash' under colors on dark shirts. One color on white or light color shirts is least cost. Blanks are ridiculously cheap unless you want something fancy like American Apparel or Alternative or some high-end brand.

An 'ascender' RC shirt with a cat-theme is certainly do-able. I've been doing graphic artwork for over 20 years. Since CorelDraw was ver 1.0. LOL

I would be up for a couple of them. And would be fun for an event for sure.

A couple more cool ones...and a 'grumpy' one...

Old 03-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #245
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
So far I like this one best and an Ascender cat shirt would be awesome, I'd be up for a couple too. I've got a lot of black shirts, some lighter color (not white they get dirty too easy lol) would be cool. On second thought that light screened image color needs a dark shirt, although changing ink colors is possible too, not sure which way would look better.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #246
I wanna be Dave

needs more ASCENDERS ASSEMBLE!

Chris could you mock up a logo of the avengers assemble, but change it to say ascenders? (I've wanted this for my sig for a LONG time anyway but i suck at graphic design lol)
maybe even put our RC Crawler handle on the back, across the shoulders like a jersey?

oh and i showed my son a youtube vid of the proline event from 2017, he wants to go this year too!
i need to start a new thread...

Last edited by Shinchu; 03-06-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #247
RCC Addict

The green glasses have a nice color tie in with RCCrawler.
I wonder if we can use their logo. [shrug]
Old 03-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #248
I wanna be Dave

how about ASCENDERS ASSEMBLE! in RCC green?

also, thread started! with POLL!
Old 03-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #249
RCC Addict

Default T-shirt design

Rough draft here...image is a stock drawing place holder, would have to buy the illustration. And I thought maybe put lugged tires inside the glasses instead of palm trees.

This could be done with 2 colors on a light gray or off-white t-shirt.

Just throwing it out there for ideas...

Old 03-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #250
I wanna be Dave

via GIPHY

this was literally how i reacted to that AWESOME rendering!
oh! or maybe rocks in the reflection?

and i don't know about using the RCC logo... makes it seem a little "officially recognized" and would need permission for sure.

so, then the question... how to raise funding? and even better question, how to discuss outside the classifieds?!

Last edited by Shinchu; 03-06-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:39 PM   #251
RCC Addict

This image would be easier to screen print...

Old 03-06-2018, 03:44 PM   #252
I wanna be Dave

that works too. its awesome to see that assemble logo somewhere other than inside my head lol you nailed it!
i think that bright green would really POP against a dark grey shirt! (think energy drink)

i think once we know how many people are going, we will have a better idea as to what we are looking at ($$$) to get these done and PM those individuals for uh... "dues"?
Old 03-06-2018, 03:55 PM   #253
RCC Addict

LOL. Just some ideas...

Shirt cost, selling them:
It's best to 'pre-order'. Get a committment and $$ up front, with sizes and counts and such. Otherwise you end up with shirts you can't sell. That is unless someone is willing to foot the bill for them and that's pretty rare unless it's a retail or marketing entity.

Unit cost will depend on how many colors in how many print locations and the total quantity. I try to shoot for $10 or less per shirt. On long runs it's not unusual for them to come in much less. Now you know how people make money hawking t-shirts.

RCCrawler logo :
Usually you just need to ask, and unless you're trying to make money off their logo no one normally has a problem with it. You just submit the final design with an explanation of where they're going and it's normal for them to authorize/approve it.

If you're sponsoring an event or fund raising or some other financial endeavor then all bets are off. And even then for something topic-related like this, it's just cheap advertising for them so usually they're cool with it.

My thoughts were a drawing or rendering of the cat image, something that can be screen printed in one or two colors. Or a white background with gray print, or something simple. Then green for the lettering and logo. Print center chest of t-shirts. This keeps the production costs down on them.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #254
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
needs more ASCENDERS ASSEMBLE!

Chris could you mock up a logo of the avengers assemble, but change it to say ascenders? (I've wanted this for my sig for a LONG time anyway but i suck at graphic design lol)
maybe even put our RC Crawler handle on the back, across the shoulders like a jersey?
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Rough draft here...image is a stock drawing place holder, would have to buy the illustration. And I thought maybe put lugged tires inside the glasses instead of palm trees.

This could be done with 2 colors on a dark gray t-shirt.

That would be hot!

Quote:
and i don't know about using the RCC logo... makes it seem a little "officially recognized" and would need permission for sure.

so, then the question... how to raise funding? and even better question, how to discuss outside the classifieds?!
X2, agreed.

Quote:
that works too. its awesome to see that assemble logo somewhere other than inside my head lol you nailed it!
i think that bright green would really POP against a dark grey shirt! (think energy drink)
Yes, I'm in for at least a couple of these! Good to have options, the other cat print option is good too, dunno which is better.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:13 PM   #255
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Tribute to my Dad's 79 F-150 RANGER LARIAT

Heck I'd be in for one or 2 myself. That is if I'm allowed to own one if I don't attend the event. And yes to the names on the backs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ascender'nMN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:55 PM   #256
I wanna be Dave

I think if we talk about this in chit chat we wouldn't get dinged. In a build thread we should be talking about car stuff. And I have a venders star so as long as we don't mention cost we should be OK. Chris, on the shirts, if you want to run things through me that should be OK. Depending on cost I might be willing to front some money.

Should we start a "Ascender Assemble" tee shirt thread in Chit Chat?
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #257
I wanna be Dave

i agree 10000%.
i will try my best to quote this entire page and make a new thread in chit chat, with a link in this post once its done.

and i don't think anyone is "buying" anything. this will most likely be "donation based" ;)

*done!
ASCENDERS ASSEMBLE! shirt discussion for PROLINE event

and, to get us back on topic... I'm asking the experts here: what class would this 79 ford be "IF" i did a comp with it?
specs as of RIGHT NOW:
1.55 dirt grabbers on steel beadlocks
3s batt on brushed setup
2 speed
servo winch (currently inop but its there)
CODYBOY axles
tires stick out past the body due to a narrow body

anything else to know what class its in? not sure what rules, SORCA or the new ones? depends where I'm going but i would like to know both.

Last edited by Shinchu; 03-07-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: fixin stuff like a mod but im not a mod?
Old 03-07-2018, 09:05 PM   #258
Quarry Creeper

It seems that it's a little too easy to get dinged around here....
Good for you, taking the pre-emptive strike with starting the chit-chat Thread!

Kina wish I could go.... even though I don't have an Ascender.....YET!
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #259
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i agree 10000%.
i will try my best to quote this entire page and make a new thread in chit chat, with a link in this post once its done.

and i don't think anyone is "buying" anything. this will most likely be "donation based" ;)

*done!
ASCENDERS ASSEMBLE! shirt discussion for PROLINE event

and, to get us back on topic... I'm asking the experts here: what class would this 79 ford be "IF" i did a comp with it?
specs as of RIGHT NOW:
1.55 dirt grabbers on steel beadlocks
3s batt on brushed setup
2 speed
servo winch (currently inop but its there)
CODYBOY axles
tires stick out past the body due to a narrow body

anything else to know what class its in? not sure what rules, SORCA or the new ones? depends where I'm going but i would like to know both.
I think because of the narrow body and your tires more than half way out of the wheel wells you would fall into Class II.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #260
I wanna be Dave

Carmine you don't have to own an ascender to go to the proline event and hang with us!

a co-worker has offered to loan me his 5 man pop up tent (and anything else i will need as he is a regular camper). i got room for 3 more to crash if needed!

*Ernie thanks for the response. i need to look into all these rules... just to know where it would put me IF i decide to comp this rig? huge disadvantage on the tiny dirt grabbers though. I'm actually eyeballing some 1.55 ground hawgs... or, maybe some traxxas bronco 1.9 with dirt grabbers?

** Ok yep looking at the SORRCA rules http://sorrca.com/rules/2018Rules.pdf and... i REALLY need that RC Nerds bumper to be legal in... ANY class. and i need rear leafs to get the body sitting level to the frame rails (my biggest pet peeve about the truck right now) and the wheels... if i get those CC Hand hex eliminators, i MIGHT be able to get into class 1. but those 1.55 dirt grabbers are seriously my achiles heel... IF i comp with this.
maybe i just get me a set of 1.9 for comp work, and switch back to the 1.55 for non-comp "fun runs" which would probably be 90% of the time anyway.
i just really hesitate to go with bigger tires as a 4.19 OD would rub like... everything, maybe even just driving on a flat driveway. so the 1.9 dirt grabbers at 3.85" OD are still better than 1.55 versions.

all depends on what offset the 1.9 wheels i run, if they stick out too far I'm back in class 2 territory.

hurmff...

why am i all concerned about comp? not sure until i find out at the proline's event if i'm actually any good. i surprised the heck out of myself last weekend in my backyard climbing some bridge style ramps i made. (its probably mostly the truck lol) even in 2nd gear and 1.55 itty bitty dirt grabbers, this thing is super capable.
oh and i still need to get a winch controller.

so i need a bumper, and i'd be like a class 1.5 lol CC hand wheel hub adapters would probably just barely squeeze me into class 1.
and leafs! i need rear leafs!!!
wonder if these will work with the GCS ascender kit...
just came out, says super soft flex but also described as increased payload with stiff springs?
https://store.rc4wd.com/Super-Soft-F...-4_p_5840.html
and what makes them different from these?
https://store.rc4wd.com/Soft-Steel-L...r-2_p_347.html

thanks for the help!

Last edited by Shinchu; 03-08-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Tribute to my Dad's 79 F100 featuring Banzai - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tribute to my Dad: 79 F100 Lariat - help me start Shinchu Paint and Body 8 08-11-2017 11:58 AM
Banzai II: TTC FJ Crawln Coles 2.2 Scale Rigs 35 06-08-2011 05:39 PM
Banzai or WarriorII addictedtonitro Electronics 20 02-09-2009 06:09 PM