Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Tribute to my Dad's 79 F100 featuring Banzai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #741
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tribute to my Dad's 79 F100 featuring Banzai

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
As a completely irrational person that keeps digging the hole of unfinished projects deeper and deeper, I have both an Enduro kit and SSD kit heading my way. As I see it, the Enduro is more of a "slap a lexan body on and drive the snot out of it" type truck while the SSD is going to have more detailed scale builds going on it. It is hard to say one is a better value than the other since their most likely uses will be different.

I agree completely!! I think for someone who wants a competitive platform to start a build the SSD is it! And like you, I have to many trucks started and don't really need to start another one, but here I am with the Enduro Kit in the pre-order loop. I think you have followed me enough to know I can't leave a good platform alone and have some ideas up my sleeve. And on top of that I have a couple "pass it forward trucks" on my bench that need to be finished. In your travels on the other side of the US if you come across a good candidate let me know!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2019, 02:53 PM   #742
I wanna be Dave

whoa hey sorry gents, didn't realize i had some convo going on here!

um lets see...

enduro... yes, i do need something i can just slap a lexan body and GO. waitasec... i think i have one floating around on my bench somewheres… ;) i call it a samurage! im actually looking for something a tad more serious, but i really DO like the enduro! the next few days will determine but I've had my eye on something a bit more... well yeah just MORE ;)

soze, thanks for stopping by! kinda taking a break, but we will see more progress in the near future. i think...

Ernie and Marcia San Diego Trip! well, we are always coming and going at casa de shinchu, i would have to sit down with the boss and figure out a good time. she runs operations i just make sure everyone is entertained and not burning the house down. bringing a normal passenger vehicle would work, i parked my new trailer in your RV spot lol...
i'll figure it out and send you a PM young man! ;) we missed you both as well as everyone else at Camp Ascender. REALLY looking forward to next year!!! should be a really exciting one with all the new rigs and projects we are all working on!

we should see some sort of movement in this thread, or another thread TBD? really depends what happens over the next few days. does RPP accept amazon gifts cards!?!? ;)
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #743
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
does RPP accept amazon gifts cards!?!? ;)

You sir are in luck, well that is if they have what you need in their Amazon listings.

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A3M98MRC...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:36 PM   #744
I wanna be Dave

Haha I was kidding! But this could actually be VERY useful!

thanks Casey!
Old 09-24-2019, 01:32 PM   #745
I wanna be Dave

so uh...

ALL OF MY PHOTOS ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!

as soon as i figure out a new (FREE) image hosting site with resizing function... i will TRY to restore all the images.
gonna be painstaking at over 30 pages but... it was quite the evolution to behold, and its STILL not done.

hang in there, ascender fam. i wont let all of your contributions go in vein/un-noticed.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:53 AM   #746
I wanna be Dave

MASSIVE suckage, Shinchu!

That's really a drag...

This thread deserves repeat viewing - hopefully the restoration (and the continued improvements to the truck) goes well!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #747
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
so uh...

ALL OF MY PHOTOS ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!

as soon as i figure out a new (FREE) image hosting site with resizing function... i will TRY to restore all the images.
gonna be painstaking at over 30 pages but... it was quite the evolution to behold, and its STILL not done.

hang in there, ascender fam. i wont let all of your contributions go in vein/un-noticed.
OH NO Chris!!!
What happened, did they stop hosting? I still use Photobucket, and I was a paying scriber before they made that change a couple years ago, so it didn't effect any of my picks. For me it is worth the $29 a year. I also have all my photos backed up in my hard drive and Picasa.
If I can help with any photos of the old truck let me know?
Getting ready to leave on our trip tomorrow, so see you next week. Any time to crawl while we are there? I'm bringing my Enduro and Pro.
Marcia and Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #748
RCC Addict

Yeah Tinypic decided to stop hosting, I don't know how the site stayed alive for as long as it did but I'd only used it for random pics here and there. Assuming you have less than 1k pics you could use Flickr, which has resizing options.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:28 AM   #749
Slow is the new Fast

That is a PITA, me thinks. Hope you manage to sort it out, I imagine figuring out what photo went where could take a bunch of time you likely don’t have to spare.

I just keep my photos in albums here on RCC. Figure if I am paying a membership I might as well use the features. Could be there is limits on the storage space, but I haven’t hit it yet.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:23 PM   #750
RCC Addict

Wow what a pain for you.
When Photobucket decided to start charging I quit them and use Flickr and imgurl to host. I still haven't restored the photos i had on my threads, Just too confusing figuring what went where.

.For resizing I use irfanview on my pc. This is a simple to use program and can also batch process. That could save you a lot of time instead of resizing each photo online.

https://www.irfanview.com/
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:49 AM   #751
Rock Stacker

What a pain. I had been using tapatalk to upload pics but now they limit you to 1 pic per post unless you perchance a premium membership.
touch racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:08 PM   #752
I wanna be Dave

well right after i discovered my pics were gone, my kitchen pretty much exploded from a slab leak.
boy the hits just keep on rollin', huh? could be worse. my family and i are all healthy. perspective.

anway… kitchen is back together and life is picking back up to semi-normal again.

look for a vid soon. gonna be a sort of... "where did i leave off?/whats on my bench" type of vid. including a certain 3D printed ford and where it currently sits. literally lol

stupid tinypic...
Old 02-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #753
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
well right after i discovered my pics were gone, my kitchen pretty much exploded from a slab leak.
boy the hits just keep on rollin', huh? could be worse. my family and i are all healthy. perspective.

anway… kitchen is back together and life is picking back up to semi-normal again.

look for a vid soon. gonna be a sort of... "where did i leave off?/whats on my bench" type of vid. including a certain 3D printed ford and where it currently sits. literally lol

stupid tinypic...
Good to hear things are back to normal

I look forward to seeing the progress.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:54 PM   #754
I wanna be Dave

None tonight unfortunately. My camera operator/editor is down with a cold. He feels better but not good enough to be out in the cold garage.

Maybe Thursday?
Old 02-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #755
I wanna be Dave

Shinchu, you slay me...

Here's hopin' your luck changes for the better!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:13 AM   #756
I wanna be Dave

Ahoy gents!

Remember this old gal?

Finally found a spot to keep my enduro garage, and a nice spot to let the ford sit in. I mean, if it just sits it should do so in style, right?

I hope you all are well. Stay safe, stay busy!

Maybe I will get around to working on this truck soon...
Old 04-20-2020, 02:08 AM   #757
RCC Addict

Nice style. A work in progress like most of us I guess.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tribute to my Dad's 79 F100 featuring Banzai - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tribute to my Dad: 79 F100 Lariat - help me start Shinchu Paint and Body 8 08-11-2017 11:58 AM
Banzai II: TTC FJ Crawln Coles 2.2 Scale Rigs 35 06-08-2011 05:39 PM
Banzai or WarriorII addictedtonitro Electronics 20 02-09-2009 06:09 PM