Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Ascender diff housings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2017, 11:09 PM   #1

Default Vanquish Ascender diff housings

Just bought my first Vanquish parts, the Currie Rock Jock diff housings. When i assembled them the ring and pinon gears feel real coggy when rotated. The pinion gear sits right against the housing and there is no play. With the bearing retainer bolts loosed off it turns better but as soon as the bolts are snugged up it turns real bad.

Are there shims available to fit between the bearing retainers and housing? Has anyone else encountered this problem before? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #2

Default Re: Vanquish Ascender diff housings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
Just bought my first Vanquish parts, the Currie Rock Jock diff housings. When i assembled them the ring and pinon gears feel real coggy when rotated. The pinion gear sits right against the housing and there is no play. With the bearing retainer bolts loosed off it turns better but as soon as the bolts are snugged up it turns real bad.

Are there shims available to fit between the bearing retainers and housing? Has anyone else encountered this problem before? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
There should be shims for the bearings on the spool(locker, or carrier assembly) to shim in and out from pinion. I have read guys having issues with covers and what they thought was acceptable tightness on bolts were actually too tight and caused this issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hipkatgreaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish Ascender diff housings - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VP alloy diff uppers housings sfpumps Axial XR10 0 05-22-2015 04:35 AM
TLT Diff Housings. Where to buy? Fozzy Down Under Chit Chat 2 04-12-2006 09:46 AM