Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Codyboy's 46 Powerwagon Flatbed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Codyboy's 46 Powerwagon Flatbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
Awesome build I'm thinking of trying something out with with my K10 see if I can get better gearing range from it. And less twist torque

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Be sure to keep us posted on what you come up with!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2020, 05:29 PM   #102
RCC Addict

Figured I’d update where this truck is and what it looks like now. Life has been crazy busy and I didn’t get out much at all in 2019. I had a few plans for this truck over the year but just didn’t have time to do anything with it. We don’t have comps around here but this chassis just screamed comp style truck to me. So I finally said screw it and built my version of what I think a scale’ish’ comp truck should look like.

I’ve had this bobbed blazer/pickup body for a while and it makes a huge difference not having much rear overhang. I went with the 4.7” Goodyear’s which are huge for me compared to my other trucks but think they’ll fit the bill.

I only changed the wheelbase from what Ernie had it at just to fit the body. I pushed the front forward to help with approach angle. Put a 19t crawlmaster pro motor in it, 1080wp esc and a hitec servo.

Haven’t even had it out yet other than for some poser shots but figured I’d post some up for you all and mostly Ernie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:20 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Hey Ben, that's frickin sweet, glad to see it went to a good home and thanks for the updated pictures!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Wow, I love this. Great looking let's get down to business type of truck.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:48 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Very nice Ben!!! I'm glad you decided to keep it and add your spin to the chassis. It is still the best performing truck I had driven, and with your spin is probably even better. Good to see you back on here a little more, take care of yourself and best wishes to all of you.
Ernie
Old 09-12-2022, 06:56 AM   #106
RCC Addict

Reviving the old thread with another update to the chassis. I get out about once a year to crawl with a friend. But my kids are getting old enough to hit some local spots along the trails etc so I’m getting the itch again.

I’ve really gotten into the hard body scene and wanted to build one for this chassis. It’s going to be a quick body build with not very much of any interior or scale parts. Want it to be an all out crawler the best it can be. Here’s a few pictures of body placement mock-up and cutting. I wasn’t sure what color to paint it, but now that I’ve got it in flat black primer, I’m thinking it looks pretty sweet as is! I do have plans for the hood being a different color but haven’t totally decided yet.

I’m hoping that Ernie will see this and things are well for him. Hopefully I’ll be able to put this to the test in a few weeks when and friend and I are going to hit up our favorite spot with some hardcore Rick fact to crawl. I’m also upgrading the esc to a br-xl from Holmes and going to be running 4s just because.

Be.

Old 09-12-2022, 11:36 AM   #107
RCC Addict

Gotta agree... that flat black just suits that body perfectly. Glad to see an update on this rig.

Also, in case Ernie checks in here- Chelsea and I genuinely hope that you and your better half are doing alright. It's always great to see you around. Best to you, Ernie and Marcia!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 09:34 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
Reviving the old thread with another update to the chassis. I get out about once a year to crawl with a friend. But my kids are getting old enough to hit some local spots along the trails etc so I’m getting the itch again.

I’ve really gotten into the hard body scene and wanted to build one for this chassis. It’s going to be a quick body build with not very much of any interior or scale parts. Want it to be an all out crawler the best it can be. Here’s a few pictures of body placement mock-up and cutting. I wasn’t sure what color to paint it, but now that I’ve got it in flat black primer, I’m thinking it looks pretty sweet as is! I do have plans for the hood being a different color but haven’t totally decided yet.

I’m hoping that Ernie will see this and things are well for him. Hopefully I’ll be able to put this to the test in a few weeks when and friend and I are going to hit up our favorite spot with some hardcore Rick fact to crawl. I’m also upgrading the esc to a br-xl from Holmes and going to be running 4s just because.

Be.

Looks very cool Ben, I haven't done much with my RC stuff since my neck surgery. At 73 I guess my healing properties have slowed a bit.
Marcia and I are doing good and still treasure our ability to get around as well as we do! Although along with our whole town we had a HUGE scare this week, as a 94,000-acre fire burned to within 3 miles of us triggering an evacuation of the whole town for 3 days. We are all back home now but only because the winds shifted blowing the fire back on itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Gotta agree... that flat black just suits that body perfectly. Glad to see an update on this rig.

Also, in case Ernie checks in here- Chelsea and I genuinely hope that you and your better half are doing alright. It's always great to see you around. Best to you, Ernie and Marcia!
Thank you for the kind words, as you can see above, we did have a scary three days watching the fire get closer and closer to our little community before the winds shifted. The fire has gone from 33000 acres to over 95000 acres in just 3 days and has zero containment as of now.
I do follow along on here but don't have much to offer anymore.
I did put together a Mini Z track (12'X 16') and have four cars to run on it.
Best to all of you and thanks for checking in us!!!
Marcia and Ernie
Old 09-18-2022, 04:24 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Here it is. Pretty much done except for some fine tuning. I kept the hard body pretty gutted one because the interior won’t fit with the motor and transfer case arrangement. And 2, I want this rig to perform more than be a full on scaler so it is what it is.

I’m very happy with the look and performance so far and think this will be the last look this chassis will have. Thanks again Ernie and get well soon!

Ben

Old 09-18-2022, 08:10 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Looks good, I like the distressed paint on the hood.

Does it rub at all? If not pretty impressive lol.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:56 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Looks good, I like the distressed paint on the hood.

Does it rub at all? If not pretty impressive lol.
Thanks, I was going to paint the whole truck and weather it but once it was in flat black I loved the look. So I’m pretending that the truck was originally all white, the hood was custom painted with Italian flag colored hood stripes. Once all the body was cut up to clear the tires, it was primered but the cool hood was kept original.

Anyway…. Lol. I HATE tire rub and with lots of trimming and fitting of the body, there is NO rubbing of the tires. I lengthened the rear wheel arches, cut the front fender bottoms off the front side. Mounted the body just right so they won’t rub.

Ben
Old 09-19-2022, 08:05 PM   #112
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
Thanks, I was going to paint the whole truck and weather it but once it was in flat black I loved the look. So I’m pretending that the truck was originally all white, the hood was custom painted with Italian flag colored hood stripes. Once all the body was cut up to clear the tires, it was primered but the cool hood was kept original.

Anyway…. Lol. I HATE tire rub and with lots of trimming and fitting of the body, there is NO rubbing of the tires. I lengthened the rear wheel arches, cut the front fender bottoms off the front side. Mounted the body just right so they won’t rub.

Ben
Close to what my RedNeck Blazer needed to put on the SSD TK kit.

Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote

Codyboy's 46 Powerwagon Flatbed. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Codyboy's "bulldog bronco" ascender CODYBOY Vaterra Ascender 280 06-04-2018 10:09 AM
Codyboy's MRC that wants to be........ CODYBOY Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 49 06-18-2015 08:05 PM