Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Went with the Ascender for my crawling fun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 11:06 AM   #141
MEOW

Default Re: Went with the Ascender for my crawling fun

Thanks for the Spektrum DX5 Rugged review! Liking the tiny CC Mamba Micro X too, several peeps I know using it with great success, small and light! Love the Coyote Toyota body, just wish is came in 12.3"wb flavor!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2019, 05:12 PM   #142
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Thanks for the Spektrum DX5 Rugged review! Liking the tiny CC Mamba Micro X too, several peeps I know using it with great success, small and light! Love the Coyote Toyota body, just wish is came in 12.3"wb flavor!
No problem. Glad you like the review. The only complaints I hear at the hobby shop about it is the membrane keypad and it not being as easy to get around the screens using it but as far as how the rest of it works no complaints from me or the customers that bought them from the shop. I kinda wish the WB was more the standard 12.3" would be great but at least now Carisma is coming out with a few more bodies that fit. The new Lynx and Range Rover.
Not as nearly as experienced as you but I do really like the Castle Micro X. It's not too pricey and is packed with features.

Just added some STRC aluminum rear hubs last night. Took off the SSD brass ones I had on as I think I have too much weight on the rear of my truck so this weekend if the weather is decent I will be taking out my Ascender for the first time in probably 6 months or more. I needed another receiver and been dialing in my Carisma but now time for the Ascender to get some love. Made a bunch of changes to my ESC settings and a small adjustment on my shocks. Going to run my new Ford body I painted up instead of the stock RTR ORange and white one. Nice to finally take the non RTR paint scheme.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:14 PM   #143
wyd
Rock Crawler

If anyone checks this out I'm looking for option springs that would fit my Ascender's stock shocks (I have the aluminum upgraded ones from Horizon). Can be longer single springs or shorter ones that can be used with the smaller springs. Wanted something stiffer than the stock medium springs that come stock. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:15 AM   #144
MEOW

Axial SCX10 and SCX10ii springs fit, I haven't tried TRX-4 springs but held them up and they looks very close too.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #145
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Axial SCX10 and SCX10ii springs fit, I haven't tried TRX-4 springs but held them up and they looks very close too.
Thanks. That's good to know. Much appreciated.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:57 PM   #146
wyd
Rock Crawler

Was thinking of possibly selling my Ascender but then I took the body off and looked how cool it looks and all the nice STRC, Vanquish and other hop ups on it and decided Hell No!!!!!!!!!!! I'm keeping it. Lol. Just kinda had a bug up my ass but the more I thought about the more it became a dumb idea. Not like racing where I thought I needed the newest all the time but since I trail mainly I have no real need to buy something else.

Next time I take it out I will be changing the shock oils to heavier, limit the travel a little more and put some limiters on the outside of the shocks as well. I'm also going to take my Pit Bulls off (Try them on my Venture) and then put the Duratrax Deep Woods on my Ascender for next time it goes out. Really cool that all different brand crawlers I have all use the same tires.

Last edited by wyd; 08-31-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:42 AM   #147
wyd
Rock Crawler

Testing out the other picture hosting setup I installed. Lets see what it looks like. First one is Imbox

Last edited by wyd; 09-03-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:00 AM   #148
MEOW

Imgbox pic looks good! Happy Monday/Teusday!

Went with the Ascender for my crawling fun - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawling fun Sandpro08 Competitions 0 01-08-2016 11:02 PM
JK and YJ Crawling Fun Rockman84 Scale Videos! 5 02-21-2013 12:08 AM
Crawling, mudding and fun freakos Videos! 2 03-31-2008 10:31 AM
Fun Day of Crawling jdmstuff General Crawlers 4 03-21-2008 07:32 AM
crawling fun mtrucker Chit Chat 8 06-06-2006 04:12 PM