Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: The Bronco Ascender is bored...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default The Bronco Ascender is bored...

When I finally feel like I have energy from being sick so long and want to go out and run my Bronco, it rains... All was not lost though. I remembered I had some rocks from when I used them in my aquariums and figured why the hell not!? Ill just use them!

Of course my cat had to photo-bomb some of these pics. It was fun while it lasted.
Attached Images

BroNCo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: The Bronco Ascender is bored...

I'm right about there with ya. This winter has been so cold and snowy I haven't been able to get out at all since early fall. Going stir crazy for sure.

Man, I wish I had the money because those little broncos are calling to me for some reason. The sale that's going on is making it very tempting to get another rtr rig so I can just use it and the short wheelbase would be fun for something different I think. Oh well, good job for thinking "inside he box" lol, and doing a little indoor crawling.

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Hey can you get the truck out of the way so we can see that cat better?? In all seriousness the rig looks great and good thinking on the aquarium rocks. I need to get some indoor obsticals to play on when it's too cold/snowy/rainy. We Ascender guys like our particulars tiny trucks and our furry feline bench buddies!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ascender'nMN84; 02-12-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Ascender'nMN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
I'm right about there with ya. This winter has been so cold and snowy I haven't been able to get out at all since early fall. Going stir crazy for sure.

Man, I wish I had the money because those little broncos are calling to me for some reason. The sale that's going on is making it very tempting to get another rtr rig so I can just use it and the short wheelbase would be fun for something different I think. Oh well, good job for thinking "inside he box" lol, and doing a little indoor crawling.

Ben
Hey, as far as getting a 'nuther 'Cender goes, you know what they say:

(well, cuz $40 off!!!)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascender'nMN84 View Post
Hey can you get the truck out of the way so we can see that cat better?? In all seriousness the rig looks great and good thinking on the aquarium rocks. I need to get some indoor obsticals to play on when it's too cold/snowy/rainy. We Ascender guys like our particulars tiny trucks and our furry feline bench buddies!

Kinda funny how there are so many cats and ascenders.......Here is my 21 year old calico checking out the broncos lights, she don't give two flips about the tiny trucks when I drive them in the house.

IMG_1345
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoJac View Post
Kinda funny how there are so many cats and ascenders.......Here is my 21 year old calico checking out the broncos lights, she don't give two flips about the tiny trucks when I drive them in the house.

IMG_1345
It is pretty funny. Ours is only 2 and isn't terrified, go run and hide from the trucks, but they definitely are not her favorite. She intently watches from a safe distance. Her favorite is late night bench time with dad though.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post

Ben
In NC it really doesnt snow much but when it does... I could not resist!

If you can, it is really worth it. I did the research, asked for opinions with people i trusted and never looked back. I remember when I first got it but it rained I just tore through the box that came with it lol.
Attached Images

Last edited by BroNCo85; 02-12-2018 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Stupid grammer
Old 02-12-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoJac View Post

My cat kind of is the same way... She will come up to it some and I'll chase her down the hallway with it and come back. Yet there she is again being all curious. I guess she doesn't know curiosity killed the cat.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:54 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Thanks! I wish I had more to play around with but the wife wouldn't appreciate the madness I would create.
I realized one of my headlights went out so I guess I could have spent some time tinkering with it but I mean... I have rocks to play with!
Old 02-13-2018, 12:51 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroNCo85 View Post
Thanks! I wish I had more to play around with but the wife wouldn't appreciate the madness I would create.
I realized one of my headlights went out so I guess I could have spent some time tinkering with it but I mean... I have rocks to play with!
I know how that goes. My lady gets cranky when I mention a few things might move to the finished half of the basement while I overhaul my workspace.

Much better finding a bad light in a dark room of the house rather than out on a dark trail.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:24 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I know how that goes. My lady gets cranky when I mention a few things might move to the finished half of the basement while I overhaul my workspace.

Much better finding a bad light in a dark room of the house rather than out on a dark trail.

Just imagine the RC stuff accumulated from 4 years combined with 8 fishtanks... in an apartment... on the 2nd florr... She must really love me.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroNCo85 View Post
Just imagine the RC stuff accumulated from 4 years combined with 8 fishtanks... in an apartment... on the 2nd florr... She must really love me.
Oh I hear ya. Rather than fish tanks, I have fishing equipment. A garage full with 2 kayaks, enough rods on one for 5 people to fish. I have a dead 2007 civic in the there that "I'm gonna fix one day"... serves as a very nice storage for most of said fishing stuff including boat storage on top. Luckily I'm in a house but it's not huge by any stretch of the imagination. I was renting what was my grandparent's houses and bought it after they passed. It was just full of all of their stuff they left behind after moving to Florida in 1980. I've been in it for 9 years now and the lady and her son for almost 2 years so I feel your "10 lbs of stuff in a 5 lb home".

Old 02-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Nice Fod-cah as we call them. LOL

We've had three pomeranians for the past ten years, two went last year, the last one is getting really old and she'll not last much longer. Will be a sad day, but will also open an opportunity for a big cat...I have always liked these...

This is Gracie, our little white pom:

Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Oh I hear ya. Rather than fish tanks, I have fishing equipment. A garage full with 2 kayaks, enough rods on one for 5 people to fish. I have a dead 2007 civic in the there that "I'm gonna fix one day"... serves as a very nice storage for most of said fishing stuff including boat storage on top. Luckily I'm in a house but it's not huge by any stretch of the imagination. I was renting what was my grandparent's houses and bought it after they passed. It was just full of all of their stuff they left behind after moving to Florida in 1980. I've been in it for 9 years now and the lady and her son for almost 2 years so I feel your "10 lbs of stuff in a 5 lb home".

I would love to have a house where I can the ability to put whatever I want in there. With me on medical leave, the apartment will have to do for now. I would love to have some ideas to mount my RC stuff on the walls in here to "free" up space in here.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:02 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Nice Fod-cah as we call them. LOL

We've had three pomeranians for the past ten years, two went last year, the last one is getting really old and she'll not last much longer. Will be a sad day, but will also open an opportunity for a big cat...I have always liked these...

This is Gracie, our little white pom:

Good lord! I could not imagine having a huge cat like that! It probably would eat up my LSD kitty for a snack!
Old 02-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

I’ve always wanted a serval, a buddy of mine from the city has/had a girlfriend that had one. She was feeding it live mice from a box as a treat, and the damned thing was scarfing them in one bite. She asked if I wanted to try a feed it, but I ain’t gonna touch a live mouse, not if I can help it, I mean there are occasions when you open your garage door and a mouse falls on you but...
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ascender, bronco, vaterra

The Bronco Ascender is bored... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Ascender Bronco RMNixon Vaterra Ascender 21 03-30-2017 11:25 AM
Ascender Bronco chassis Bbwolf 1.5 Scale Rigs 0 11-27-2015 02:06 PM
an i was bored backyard bronco vid greggreg2011 Scale Videos! 4 12-28-2011 12:40 PM