RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vaterra Ascender (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/)
-   -   Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/603636-kincers-new-me-bronco-ascender.html)

kincer 11-07-2018 04:00 PM

Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Well it was sitting on the front porch waiting for me when I got home, I immediately unpacked it, took the preload off the shocks and popped a battery in it. First drive and I'm impressed, this thing is like point and shoot and it goes! Wow I can't imagine how good it can be with some of Natedog's mods! Here's the pics more to come.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9eaf910a77.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...54db049336.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cab83228c6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...024794944b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b8cf798924.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...242a3d98f9.jpg

M1tch 11-07-2018 04:02 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Nice!! I like the colour. It looks barely used as well.

kincer 11-07-2018 04:08 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by M1tch (Post 5882885)
Nice!! I like the colour. It looks barely used as well.

Thanks! Yeah it's in really nice condition, this is actually the K5 Blazer kit edition and it came with some extra stock links and a few other things, plus the kit manual so that will be nice to have a paper version instead of having to download it.

carpetfuzz17 11-08-2018 11:35 AM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kincer (Post 5882883)
Well it was sitting on the front porch waiting for me when I got home, I immediately unpacked it, took the preload off the shocks and popped a battery in it. First drive and I'm impressed, this thing is like point and shoot and it goes! Wow I can't imagine how good it can be with some of Natedog's mods! Here's the pics more to come.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9eaf910a77.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...54db049336.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cab83228c6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...024794944b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b8cf798924.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...242a3d98f9.jpg

Dang it I knew I should have bought it :lmao:

kincer 11-08-2018 11:45 AM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
I'm sure glad I bought it heck of a deal! You're right body bigger than I expected.

Natedog 11-08-2018 02:47 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Congratulations on your new Ascender, love the color too! Looks virtually un-used, good score! :)

GForceSS 11-08-2018 02:50 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Really like the looks of that Bronco. Great find!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kincer 11-08-2018 03:14 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 5883112)
Congratulations on your new Ascender, love the color too! Looks virtually un-used, good score! :)

Thanks it definitely was a good score!

kincer 11-08-2018 03:17 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GForceSS (Post 5883114)
Really like the looks of that Bronco. Great find!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, it's funny I'm not really a Ford guy, I'm not really brand loyal though I like what looks scale and realistic, now I've got two Broncos lol

carpetfuzz17 11-08-2018 05:21 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kincer (Post 5883123)
Thanks, it's funny I'm not really a Ford guy, I'm not really brand loyal though I like what looks scale and realistic, now I've got two Broncos lol


Hmmmmmm....2 Broncos and you're not a Ford guy:shock:...now if you get a third then I think it's time to just admit it :lmao:

kincer 11-08-2018 05:36 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Ok guys I'm new to these and maybe I'm missing something but here's my question, to start it came with a basic Tactic radio and I noticed I wasn't getting as much steering one way as I was the other, not sure which way at the moment, so I put one of my Flysky rx's in and bound it to my hacked Flysky radio, set everything up endpoints at 120% and still about a 1/4 in more one way than the other, tire will touch the shock one direction but about 1/4 in away the other. I also messed with different positions of the servo horn, even messed with draglink lengths too, so is this just the way it is stock or is there a mod I need to do?

Next question I think I'm gonna go with the gmade steel factory looking basic wheel with Proline BFG A/Ts 4.35in version, I wanna drop that body as much as I can that's why I want to go with a smaller tire, anybody have any experience with this tire? Also need opinion of what steely to go with, black, white, or silver?

Here's a pic with black Traxxas wheels, I'm thinking black steelies but need opinions.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8866319491.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...42059122d9.jpg

kincer 11-08-2018 05:39 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 (Post 5883158)
Hmmmmmm....2 Broncos and you're not a Ford guy:shock:...now if you get a third then I think it's time to just admit it :lmao:

Wish I could find a decent 2009 up Ram quadcab body to run, nothing I've found so far I like very well, I'd like to make copy of my 1:1 truck.

carpetfuzz17 11-08-2018 05:59 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kincer (Post 5883161)
Wish I could find a decent 2009 up Ram quadcab body to run, nothing I've found so far I like very well, I'd like to make copy of my 1:1 truck.



I know it's not a 2009 but it's a Dodge quadcab
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...828a4ac25c.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kincer 11-08-2018 06:07 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 (Post 5883166)
I know it's not a 2009 but it's a Dodge quadcab
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...828a4ac25c.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'll probably get that one, I've been looking at that one for a while but it just doesn't WOW me, you know what I mean?

carpetfuzz17 11-08-2018 06:16 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kincer (Post 5883160)
Ok guys I'm new to these and maybe I'm missing something but here's my question, to start it came with a basic Tactic radio and I noticed I wasn't getting as much steering one way as I was the other, not sure which way at the moment, so I put one of my Flysky rx's in and bound it to my hacked Flysky radio, set everything up endpoints at 120% and still about a 1/4 in more one way than the other, tire will touch the shock one direction but about 1/4 in away the other. I also messed with different positions of the servo horn, even messed with draglink lengths too, so is this just the way it is stock or is there a mod I need to do?

Next question I think I'm gonna go with the gmade steel factory looking basic wheel with Proline BFG A/Ts 4.35in version, I wanna drop that body as much as I can that's why I want to go with a smaller tire, anybody have any experience with this tire? Also need opinion of what steely to go with, black, white, or silver?

Here's a pic with black Traxxas wheels, I'm thinking black steelies but need opinions.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8866319491.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...42059122d9.jpg


I like the black wheels better.


Try setting endpoints at 100% and then turn up the travel in each direction independently of each other.

Natedog 11-08-2018 06:31 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kincer (Post 5883160)
..Next question I think I'm gonna go with the gmade steel factory looking basic wheel with Proline BFG A/Ts 4.35in version, I wanna drop that body as much as I can that's why I want to go with a smaller tire, anybody have any experience with this tire? Also need opinion of what steely to go with, black, white, or silver?

Old Bronco is screaming for silver or white wheels. "thumbsup"


Quote:

Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 (Post 5883171)
...Try setting endpoints at 100% and then turn up the travel in each direction independently of each other.


X2 and still may need to offset servo horn on the servo output splines one or two spline towards the side that doesn't get full steering travel. "thumbsup"

mgputer 11-08-2018 06:45 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kincer (Post 5883160)
Ok guys I'm new to these and maybe I'm missing something but here's my question, to start it came with a basic Tactic radio and I noticed I wasn't getting as much steering one way as I was the other, not sure which way at the moment, so I put one of my Flysky rx's in and bound it to my hacked Flysky radio, set everything up endpoints at 120% and still about a 1/4 in more one way than the other, tire will touch the shock one direction but about 1/4 in away the other. I also messed with different positions of the servo horn, even messed with draglink lengths too, so is this just the way it is stock or is there a mod I need to do?

Next question I think I'm gonna go with the gmade steel factory looking basic wheel with Proline BFG A/Ts 4.35in version, I wanna drop that body as much as I can that's why I want to go with a smaller tire, anybody have any experience with this tire? Also need opinion of what steely to go with, black, white, or silver?

Here's a pic with black Traxxas wheels, I'm thinking black steelies but need opinions.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8866319491.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...42059122d9.jpg

It could be a couple different things. It could be that the servo horn isn't centered. Take the horn off and set the trim to 0 and reattach the horn with the wheels as close to center as possible.

The other thing it could be is the link that attaches to the servo horn could be to long or short. I remove the link from the servo horn and set the trim to 0. Then position the tires straight ahead and then holding the link to the servo horn you can see if it needs to be, and by how much it needs to be shortened or lengthened.

Another thing could be the short wb1 set up the steering links were not parallel to each other while looking from the bottom which can cause the stearing to steer more one way than the other.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

indybama 11-08-2018 06:56 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
I think it would look good with either white steelies or white wagon wheels trimmed with a red n blue ring by the bead

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Natedog 11-08-2018 07:37 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mgputer (Post 5883176)
It could be a couple different things. It could be that the servo horn isn't centered. Take the horn off and set the trim to 0 and reattach the horn with the wheels as close to center as possible.

The other thing it could be is the link that attaches to the servo horn could be to long or short. I remove the link from the servo horn and set the trim to 0. Then position the tires straight ahead and then holding the link to the servo horn you can see if it needs to be, and by how much it needs to be shortened or lengthened.

Another thing could be the short wb1 set up the steering links were not parallel to each other while looking from the bottom which can cause the stearing to steer more one way than the other.


Yes, and good point that Bronco (WB1) and WB2 (K10) uses shorter drag link from servo to steering tie-rod! :)


Quote:

Originally Posted by indybama (Post 5883181)
I think it would look good with either white steelies or white wagon wheels trimmed with a red n blue ring by the bead


Yes! "thumbsup"

kincer 11-08-2018 08:06 PM

Re: Kincer's new to me Bronco Ascender
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 (Post 5883171)
I like the black wheels better.

I'm leaning towards the white wagon wheels now.


Try setting endpoints at 100% and then turn up the travel in each direction independently of each other.

Tried that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 5883174)
Old Bronco is screaming for silver or white wheels. "thumbsup"

I think you are right!"thumbsup"





X2 and still may need to offset servo horn on the servo output splines one or two spline towards the side that doesn't get full steering travel. "thumbsup"

I even tried this

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgputer (Post 5883176)
It could be a couple different things. It could be that the servo horn isn't centered. Take the horn off and set the trim to 0 and reattach the horn with the wheels as close to center as possible.

The other thing it could be is the link that attaches to the servo horn could be to long or short. I remove the link from the servo horn and set the trim to 0. Then position the tires straight ahead and then holding the link to the servo horn you can see if it needs to be, and by how much it needs to be shortened or lengthened.

Another thing could be the short wb1 set up the steering links were not parallel to each other while looking from the bottom which can cause the stearing to steer more one way than the other.

I think we are getting warmer.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by indybama (Post 5883181)
I think it would look good with either white steelies or white wagon wheels trimmed with a red n blue ring by the bead

Agree!

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 5883193)
Yes, and good point that Bronco (WB1) and WB2 (K10) uses shorter drag link from servo to steering tie-rod! :)

We are really warm now, got me thinking but haven't been able to confirm yet as my R/C time is done for today, but I'm betting since this is the K5 Blazer version kit that there is a wrong length link. This was made into a Bronco so I'm gonna do so research we shall see, Thanks guys!





Yes! "thumbsup"



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com