Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you going?
YES! 5 41.67%
wish I could, but not this year. 5 41.67%
maybe...? 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Ascenders assemble! At proline btf 2019!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2019, 03:08 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Ascenders assemble! At proline btf 2019!

Ryan 2 large and 1 medium (Cookie was NOT happy she didn't get one last year)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ascender'nMN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2019, 03:14 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

1 XXL
1 XL
1 S

for the hats... What style hat will they be on? Curious but put me down for 1 regardless.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:32 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Ok guys, we need to help Chris out a little here! So less try to finalize a design.

I like the above design, but will go with what ever is picked!
Since I have a venders star I will front money to get this going, so I'm starting a list for info to get to Chris.
So: please add your name sizes and how many.

Ernie two shirts, one XL and one Med.
Quote:
And I went ahead and ordered 2 dozen caps with this logo, and cap color will be stone, I should have them at PLBTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
I vote to "Print it & Ship it" to the above design. If we are still deciding on shirt color, I vote for the maroon, or a neutral grey.

Paul for 2 Large and 2 X-Large

Nice on the ball caps Ernie, stone color sounds nice I will be in for 1 or 2 of those depending on the fit (I have a weird egg shaped head)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Casey: 2 large shirts
1 cap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascender'nMN84 View Post
Ryan 2 large and 1 medium fr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
1 XXL
1 XL
1 S

for hats 1.
Realized I should have quoted everyone to make it easier for Chris and Ernie, thanks for getting this started and fronting your money!
Nate,
t-shirts, 2qty XL, 1qty L
Hats 1-2qty
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:24 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Thanks Earnie.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:47 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Thanks Earnie.
No problem Chris, just glad you're taking the time to do t-shirts again for us.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:12 PM   #86
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Ok, a feeler to some of you guys, Codyboy Design caps? I chatted with Chris a little about doing some. I was checking to do a couple for my self, would anyone else be interested in one? I don't know how man cap guys are out there.

Ernie
Caps are always a good idea. I do wear them, but have a size 7 3/4 melon so I have learned to stick to fitted ball caps. What I really I need to order from you Ernie is a set of CODYBOY axles should that be possible.

Though I can’t make PLBTF, if Chris is open to the idea of mailing a shirt to me as he did last year, I am in for an XL.

As far as the shirt design goes, I think what is there looks great. Red works for me, or as was also suggested, grey.

Quote:
And I went ahead and ordered 2 dozen caps with this logo, and cap color will be stone, I should have them at PLBTF

Love the design

Last edited by smog; 04-28-2019 at 10:15 PM.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:41 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Caps are always a good idea. I do wear them, but have a size 7 3/4 melon so I have learned to stick to fitted ball caps. What I really I need to order from you Ernie is a set of CODYBOY axles should that be possible.

Though I can’t make PLBTF, if Chris is open to the idea of mailing a shirt to me as he did last year, I am in for an XL.

As far as the shirt design goes, I think what is there looks great. Red works for me, or as was also suggested, grey.

Love the design

Thanks smog, the caps will be adjustable. As far as axles, of course I can do a set for you. But, how soon do you need them? I'm working on a little different design that would make it pretty easy to do off set pumpkins if that is something you would like in a ascender axle. I may be able to work on axles after The Proline gathering. Between getting trucks ready for it and working on pieces for a few summer art shows, my time is tight. But having said that, for you my friend I would make time to do them if needed!
Ernie
Old 04-29-2019, 09:23 AM   #88
RCC Addict

Okay...I went ahead and bought the iStock Blazer image and converted it, tweaked it, set it up to print white on maroon. Played with lots of fonts, tried a bunch of different things and kept coming back to this. Hope you guys like it.

This can print one color which is a bonus - inexpensive to setup and print. Shirt cost is $10 for S-XL sizes. Add $4 for 2-X and up, available up to 4XL.

We can leave the order requests open 'till the end of the week or thereabouts. I'm going to go ahead and submit artwork to my screenprint production manager to make sure it's ready to go when we say 'go'.

Let me know if you really want something changed, otherwise this is a finished proof for the imprint - white on maroon shirts.

Last edited by Browneye; 04-29-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #89
RCC Addict

To order and purchase shirts:
Send your counts and sizes in a PM to me and I will reply with Paypal or Zelle instructions. If you want them mailed to you I'll have to calculate mailing costs.

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2019, 01:23 PM   #90
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Thanks smog, the caps will be adjustable. As far as axles, of course I can do a set for you. But, how soon do you need them? I'm working on a little different design that would make it pretty easy to do off set pumpkins if that is something you would like in a ascender axle. I may be able to work on axles after The Proline gathering. Between getting trucks ready for it and working on pieces for a few summer art shows, my time is tight. But having said that, for you my friend I would make time to do them if needed!
Ernie
No rush on my end Ernie. The offset pumpkin option is intriguing as well. What is the advantage? Thanks for offering to make me a set, it's much appreciated.
Quote:
Okay...I went ahead and bought the iStock Blazer image and converted it, tweaked it, set it up to print white on maroon. Played with lots of fonts, tried a bunch of different things and kept coming back to this. Hope you guys like it.

This can print one color which is a bonus - inexpensive to setup and print. Shirt cost is $10 for S-XL sizes. Add $4 for 2-X and up, available up to 4XL.

We can leave the order requests open 'till the end of the week or thereabouts. I'm going to go ahead and submit artwork to my screenprint production manager to make sure it's ready to go when we say 'go'.

Let me know if you really want something changed, otherwise this is a finished proof for the imprint - white on maroon shirts.

I really like the design . Would the image be difficult to see if you used grey instead of white?
Old 04-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Love it, thanks!!!

Quote:
To order and purchase shirts:
Send your counts and sizes in a PM to me and I will reply with Paypal or Zelle instructions. If you want them mailed to you I'll have to calculate mailing costs.
:thumbsup:
Old 04-29-2019, 02:32 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
No rush on my end Ernie. The offset pumpkin option is intriguing as well. What is the advantage? Thanks for offering to make me a set, it's much appreciated.

I really like the design . Would the image be difficult to see if you used grey instead of white?

A dark gray would work, white ink. On a gray shirt blank I would have probably done something different with colors, like silver, or light gray. White on maroon is classic.

I can throw a different color in there if you want, if you're prepaying. Black would work good too.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
White on maroon is classic. .
Perfect.

Meow.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:39 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

OFFSET PUMPKIN CODYBOY AXLES?

meow.

Count me in! Can I send in an older front axle for offsetting service? Ford driver side drop of course ;)

Thanks Chris! I will PayPal you soon and include size/qty in both PayPal and pm. Is small doable for Andrew?
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:56 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

PP sent, thanks!

2qty XL, 1qty L t-shirts.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:57 PM   #96
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
A dark gray would work, white ink. On a gray shirt blank I would have probably done something different with colors, like silver, or light gray. White on maroon is classic.

I can throw a different color in there if you want, if you're prepaying. Black would work good too.
I was just curious how a grey image would look on a maroon shirt. Honostly, I think white on maroon is a winner.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
I was just curious how a grey image would look on a maroon shirt. Honostly, I think white on maroon is a winner.

A color change mid-run means another screen. It's an additional setup charge for the job. If we were doing 500 of one color and 500 of another we wouldn't bat an eye.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #98
RCC Addict

I forgot if I put more shirt details here...
Going to print on Hanes Tagless regular tee-shirts, 100% cotton, 6.1 oz same as beefy-t without the cost. They're really nice shirts. Just know they do shrink a bit so I recommend going up one size. I wear a size L in EVERYTHING but a XL on t-shirts and they shrink to a perfect fit.

These will print white ink on a maroon shirt - here's the hanes shirt image:

Old 04-29-2019, 04:47 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
OFFSET PUMPKIN CODYBOY AXLES?

meow.

Count me in! Can I send in an older front axle for offsetting service? Ford driver side drop of course ;)

Thanks Chris! I will PayPal you soon and include size/qty in both PayPal and pm. Is small doable for Andrew?

We can talk about it at Pro-line. It would be a 3D printed pumpkin with brass shafts in between it and the C-hubs. I could offset pumpkin how ever you would want.

smog: offset is a 1:1 feature that helps with clearance when crawling over rocks.

Ernie
Old 04-29-2019, 08:09 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

The Design looks good to me and Maroon is fine.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote

Ascenders assemble! At proline btf 2019! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASCENDERS ASSEMBLE! at PROLINE's by the fire! Shinchu Vaterra Ascender 18 12-12-2018 01:41 PM
Proline 2019 Chevy Silverado Z71 Trail Boss Clear Body durok Paint and Body 3 06-23-2018 12:09 AM
Do Ascenders come with sealed bearings Axial n00b Vaterra Ascender 6 02-08-2018 11:47 PM
How-To videos: Dis-assemble/Re-assemble scx10 shocks for newbies AX10wannabe Newbie General 0 10-07-2011 12:14 PM