RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vaterra Ascender (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/)
-   -   Ascenders assemble! At proline btf 2019! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/604545-ascenders-assemble-proline-btf-2019-a.html)

Shinchu 12-12-2018 02:07 PM

Ascenders assemble! At proline btf 2019!

Okay Ascender Family, seems we have a (semi solid) date of May 18th for Proline By the Fire 2019!

last year we had an absolute BLAST and i hope to see everyone back plus more!

we had shirts made by our friend BROWNEYE and they were incredible! made it really easy to find each other out on the trails (and spot ourselves in random youtube coverage/pics). hopefully Chris is up to doing this again since it seemed to go really well... no pressure Chris! :shock::ror:

i will keep this thread updated with info as it becomes available (ticket dates, camp info, etc.)

so click those voting buttons up there and hopefully we can start planning. it will be here before we know it!

ASCENDERS... ASSEMBLE!!!! "thumbsup"

HumboldtEF 12-12-2018 03:50 PM

Re: Ascenders assemble! At proline btf 2019!

I really want to say yes but its a 14 hour drive for me and I'd really need to find a midway point to stop at. So for now maybe but I do really want to go.

I also need to figure out a better way to deal with the desert heat, It was super hot with very little shade last year and I was struggling to keep going for long runs.

Oh and I hope they dont just blow off the Sunday events like last year just because most of the locals left!

I'd be up for a shirt for sure this time If Chris does another run, I'm not gonna drag my feet like last time.

CODYBOY 12-12-2018 05:44 PM

Marcia and I plan on being there again this year!

Ernie

Ascender'nMN84 03-28-2019 07:46 AM

Looks like this guy (and fam) is (are) gonna have to pass again this year sadly. Guess I hadn't really announced it here yet, but the lady and I are getting married in July and I just don't see how this event fits into our living/wedding budget these days. I'll keep crunching numbers, but as of right now, I'm out. Looking forward to all the pics and videos and if there are new shirts done, I'm definitely in for a couple of those.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

smog 03-28-2019 08:04 AM

I would prefer to be on the yay side of the poll, but alas again I won’t be there. One of these years I would like to fly down for the event. More preferably however I would love to make a road trip down with my boys. Unfortunately May is not a time I can do that short of them missing school.

PLBTF is definitely on the radar.

CONGRATULATIONS AscenderinMN!

CODYBOY 03-28-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smog (Post 5922828)
I would prefer to be on the yay side of the poll, but alas again I won’t be there. One of these years I would like to fly down for the event. More preferably however I would love to make a road trip down with my boys. Unfortunately May is not a time I can do that short of them missing school.

Darn, hope it will happen for you some day!!! Would love to meet you guys! "thumbsup"It will be about a 14 hour road trip for Marcia and I. But we are going to split that that up into 3 day chunks. ( It is fun being retired).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascender'nMN84 (Post 5922822)
Looks like this guy (and fam) is (are) gonna have to pass again this year sadly. Guess I hadn't really announced it here yet, but the lady and I are getting married in July and I just don't see how this event fits into our living/wedding budget these days. I'll keep crunching numbers, but as of right now, I'm out. Looking forward to all the pics and videos and if there are new shirts done, I'm definitely in for a couple of those.

WOW Ryan!!! Congats to you and Cookie. "thumbsup" Marcia and I so enjoyed meeting you guys last fall and were just talking the other day about getting to see you again in May! Maybe next year! ;-)
Marcia and Ernie,

Ascender'nMN84 03-28-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODYBOY (Post 5922836)
WOW Ryan!!! Congats to you and Cookie. "thumbsup" Marcia and I so enjoyed meeting you guys last fall and were just talking the other day about getting to see you again in May! Maybe next year! ;-)
Marcia and Ernie,

Thank you very much Ernie! We had such a good time visiting with you two! We were hoping for a fall wedding this year but plans changed due to venue availability. This winter was also BRUTAL on my real truck so I had 3 or 4 shop bills that drained the old account unexpectedly. Such is life though, so we keep grinding!

Ascender'nMN84 03-28-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smog (Post 5922828)

Thank you! I'm kinda in the same boat with the kid in school. I've also kicked around the idea of the other event in California in late July but I don't think I can pass off a trip like that to play with tiny trucks as a "honeymoon". Crawlapalooza is right around our birthday's (got lucky, her's is the day after mine!) and not quite as far of a trip but again, its during the school year.

mgputer 03-28-2019 10:51 AM

Unless there is an emergency of some kind I am planning on going. Only thing I am worried about is flying with my trucks.

Ascender'nMN84 03-28-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgputer (Post 5922889)
Unless there is an emergency of some kind I am planning on going. Only thing I am worried about is flying with my trucks.

I flew to Florida with mine a couple summers ago. I just put my lipos in their own bags inside a larger bag. If you can, carry everything you can on the plane. If you're planning on bringing a charger you should check that, but rig, controller and batteries should be with you at all times IMO. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...71cb38df35.jpg

smog 03-28-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODYBOY (Post 5922836)
Darn, hope it will happen for you some day!!! Would love to meet you guys! "thumbsup"It will be about a 14 hour road trip for Marcia and I. But we are going to split that that up into 3 day chunks. ( It is fun being
Marcia and Ernie,

Thanks Ernie. I definitely have my sights on getting down there in the future. To meet all you guys and run the Ascenders as a group would no doubt be a lot of fun. I too imagine the atmosphere at the festival is pretty inspiring.I should really start wrapping my head around the logistics of getting there.

smog 03-28-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascender'nMN84 (Post 5922912)
I flew to Florida with mine a couple summers ago. I just put my lipos in their own bags inside a larger bag. If you can, carry everything you can on the plane. If you're planning on bringing a charger you should check that, but rig, controller and batteries should be with you at all times IMO. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...71cb38df35.jpg

*Like*

Thanks for sharing that. Its helpful to know Lipos can be travelled with

Ascender'nMN84 03-28-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smog (Post 5922920)
*Like*

Thanks for sharing that. Its helpful to know Lipos can be travelled with

No problem. I just let the TSA agents know what I had before they looked it over. They opened it just to swab real fast but that was it. I've definitely heard stories of people having issues but I feel like if you give them warning, they're more understanding.

Natedog 04-18-2019 02:36 PM

Getting close, T-Shirts again this year? I'd be in for 2-3. :)

Shinchu 04-19-2019 12:35 AM

Not sure about shirts Nate.
I dropped a hint but I think Chris is more focused on contributing to scale city.
I might just get one made with a pic of my cat on it lol

Who was it that didnt get one last year? I still have a spare large. Rockhugger?

Natedog 04-19-2019 09:32 AM

OK, just trying to get the ball rolling if we're doing them again this year.
MMmmm PBTF Scale City....
Do it! What, where, how? I'm interested lol.
Dunno. :)
Mmmmm X-Maxx....

Browneye 04-19-2019 03:07 PM

Just found this...

If anybody needs a hand getting from LAX to there just let me know...we can help make arrangements. Also have an extra bedroom at the house, pre-post.

Shirts are not problem but we better get going - need a week-plus for printing.

And we'll have a killer camp setup again. Even an outside shower for a quick rinse off. We can't run EVERYBODY through the RV shower, but a few is no problem. ;-)

Subscribed...

Browneye 04-19-2019 03:11 PM

Scale city...
I wanted to build a building, had some great ideas, ready to start building...wife pops up with "So where are you going to store this thing? I has to fold down." Whut??? :roll:

So it got put on the back burner and then got busy with a mega-ton of other stuff...so no scale city building for us. :cry:

HumboldtEF 04-19-2019 03:32 PM

I'll take a shirt if they end up happening.

Very generous Chris "thumbsup"

I'm (3D) printing up a bunch of random things to give away at PLBTF.

I'll bring some Ascender sway bar mounts. I'm printing a few dozen XT60 connector caps which are used to mark and help keep track of a charged battery. I might bring some Gen 8 and Venture parts and maybe some scale gas cans.

Natedog 04-19-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browneye (Post 5928653)
...Shirts are not problem but we better get going - need a week-plus for printing.

And we'll have a killer camp setup again.

Subscribed...

I'm in!

Sweet!

SUb'd too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browneye (Post 5928654)
Scale city...
I wanted to build a building, had some great ideas, ready to start building...wife pops up with "So where are you going to store this thing? I has to fold down." Whut??? :roll:

So it got put on the back burner and then got busy with a mega-ton of other stuff...so no scale city building for us. :cry:

DOH! Ya to do list is long here too. :ror:"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5928659)
I'll take a shirt if they end up happening.

Very generous Chris "thumbsup"

I'm (3D) printing up a bunch of random things to give away at PLBTF.

I'll bring some Ascender sway bar mounts. I'm printing a few dozen XT60 connector caps which are used to mark and help keep track of a charged battery. I might bring some Gen 8 and Venture parts and maybe some scale gas cans.

Very generous of both of ya! :)