RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vaterra Ascender (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/)
-   -   F100 ascender questions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/606031-f100-ascender-questions.html)

Dieseljunkie9773 02-01-2019 11:00 PM

F100 ascender questions

I just got the truck Thursday night, charged the batteries I ordered and started to bind my dx2E transmitter to the receiver. I have steering but no throttle. I am completely new to this so I’m learning as I go. After I got the truck to bind the second, still no throttle response but the truck just took off anyways. Full throttle. Steering still works just no throttle so I turned the esc off and haven’t touched it since it ran away full throttle. Is there something I did wrong in the bind process. Any info is appreciated.

Gula 02-02-2019 12:38 AM

Re: F100 ascender questions

Remove pinion, or raise vehicle so tires can't touch the ground. Or remove tires. Now that you're safe. You can repeat your procedure. Otherwise check the esc manual for calibration.

CrashRecovery 02-03-2019 10:59 PM

Well.... we're waiting.... Did you get it fixed?

Dieseljunkie9773 02-06-2019 11:22 AM

I read manual and it say esc does self calibration but it’s not so amain hobbies sent me a new esc yesterday so going to plug it in and try it out. Thanks for info.

Dieseljunkie9773 02-06-2019 06:55 PM

Well still the same problem so I’m going to return this piece of shit. That’s what I get for trying to get into a hobby.

Browneye 02-06-2019 07:26 PM

If you have a LHS take it there, or a local club, and they'll help you sort it. Sounds like you just need to calibrate the servo and ecu once you bind it. The radio manual will tell you how to do that. Something like bind mode, left, then right, then full throttle, then reverse, it blinks and you're done. I always just set my rig on a box or something so the wheels could spin - have surely had them do that.

Don't give up for a radio setup - once it's done you're good to go. "thumbsup"

Yeti.stealth 02-06-2019 11:23 PM

Hope it's not something as simple as the throttle trim knob on the radio! But I'm sure you would have it set to zero. Strange things happen when that throttle trim is not zeroed and the ESC is trying to calibrate....

I'm thinking the problem is with your radio, not the 2 esc's you have tried.

What tones does it make on start up? It should give 2 short beeps for a 2S battery or 3 short for a 3S, then 1 long beep to alert you that it is calibrated and ESC is armed ready to go!

Dieseljunkie9773 02-11-2019 08:09 AM

Alright I ended up calling the company amain hobbies to set up a return but they wanted to swap out the transmitter just for shits and giggles. So I agreed and they next day aired me a new transmitter, I did the bind process and the truck is working correctly so I’m keeping. Thanks for all your help guys.

rkj__ 02-11-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieseljunkie9773 (Post 5909396)
I did the bind process and the truck is working correctly so I’m keeping. Thanks for all your help guys.

Happy to hear you have resolved the issue. Let the fun begin!