Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: New Ascender owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #1

Default New Ascender owner

I have been looking for a while and finally pulled the trigger on one, debated quite a bit between the Ascender K10 and SCX10.2 Trail Honcho but opted to go with the Ascender in the end.

First impressions- very cool, very fun. I dig the authentic body, but it cracked me up that even though it's marketed as a K10 the stock wheels are 8 lug Torque twist is definitely noticeable, but if you are moderate on the throttle it's not as bad. It leans a bit to the left at a stand still and sits a bit lower in the back than the front both of which bugged me. It did a pretty good job moving around but was not a big fan on the wet, slushy snow we have right now (but then again, neither am I). 2s lipo seemed to have plenty of power.

Things I'd like to change- the way the steering servo wires are routed seems like it will make them susceptible to chaffing so I'm trying to find a better path for the wires. The stock servo also leaves a bit to be desired, it doesn't turn the tires as far as they can go. It seems like from what little time I've used it so far that some weight down low on the axles will help a bunch, it didn't take much to tip it over or roll it sideways. I thought about stretching the wheelbase some but now I'm not so sure I'll want to go that route.

All in all for my first RC and crawler I'm very happy with it... or at least I was until my wife's dog decided to destroy the tires and the body. Anyone happen to have a new or like new set of tires and a cab they'd be willing to part with?

cowboyona426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

New Ascender owner - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Ascender Owner DaRealDill Vaterra Ascender 30 03-18-2019 07:52 PM
New Vaterra Ascender Owner w/ Questions limmo27 Vaterra Ascender 7 02-10-2018 12:27 PM
Proud Ascender Owner Fishcharger Vaterra Ascender 3 08-02-2017 03:50 PM
New Ascender K5 owner Junkk5 Vaterra Ascender 84 04-16-2017 09:13 PM
XJ owner out-asshole parks Corvette owner..... STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 18 09-30-2014 06:20 PM