Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Dabbler's Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Dabbler's Bronco

After reading some noob's thread about getting a Bronco, I got mine out and wheeled around my backyard, and forgot all the stress of my day.

I like the Ascender Bronco, and have always enjoyed short wheelbase platforms, especially considering that my first ever kit build was an STRC SWB SCX10. Speaking of which, that chassis had a Traxxas Telluride body on it, and I still have it. As it turns out, it looks like that Telluride body might fit on the Ascender Bronco chassis, so I might go for the change up. Plus, it's already got LEDs in it, and I'd rather beat on it than the discontinued Bronco. I found some matching beadlock wheels on eBay, and those will probably take a couple of weeks to get here. The body is red + gunmetal, so the wheels have to look right. Not sure about tires, but am leaning toward Axial Falkens.

Last edited by johnnyluv; 04-19-2019 at 11:52 AM.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dabbler's Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
After reading some noob's thread about getting a Bronco, I got mine out and wheeled around my backyard, and forgot all the stress of my day.

I like the Ascender Bronco, and have always enjoyed short wheelbase platforms, especially considering that my first ever kit build was an STRC SWB SCX10. Speaking of which, that chassis had a Traxxas Telluride body on it, and I still have it. As it turns out, it looks like that Telluride body might fit on the Ascender Bronco chassis, so I might go for the change up. Plus, it's already got LEDs in it, and I'd rather beat on it than the discontinued Bronco. I found some matching beadlock wheels on eBay, and those will probably take a couple of weeks to get here. The body is red + gunmetal, so the wheels have to look right. Not sure about tires, but am leaning toward Axial Falkens.

That's quite a paint scheme. I really like that. Those wheels should match perfect.

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:45 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgputer View Post
That's quite a paint scheme. I really like that. Those wheels should match perfect.
Thanks. Yeah, I painted that body back in 2015, I think. Hopefully the wheels will ship this week, seeing that I paid for them 4 days ago. :(
Old 06-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Update: Not doing the Telluride body, as it would require shortening the wheelbase even further, and the Ascender doesn't provide an efficient way to mount shock keys, in order to move the shocks towards the front. I was able to use some aluminum links from an old SCX10 swb build to set the wheelbase, but the shocks leaned in the opposite direction. Fail! Also, the rock sliders weren't going to fit, due to Telluride body sides being too long. Back to Bronco!

After having dinner with the family, yesterday evening, we hit up a park where there's a rocky levee, and it has some nice crawl spots. I brought the Bronco for its smaller size and swb, and it did pretty well, considering I haven't added any weight to lower the c.o.g. I threw on the stock wheels from the Wraith 1.9, which did ok, but I wish I'd remembered that I had intended to mount up my old 4.3" Pro-Line TSL Swampers, because it might've performed better, having lower cog. Stock servo was really crapping out, so that needs to be upgraded before I attempt to "crawl" again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Dabbler's Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dabbler's TRX-4 Defender johnnyluv Traxxas TRX-4 15 10-10-2019 08:50 PM
Dabbler's Vaterra Ascender K10 johnnyluv Vaterra Ascender 29 06-01-2018 09:26 AM
Dabbler's AX10 Ridgecrest johnnyluv Axial AX10 2nd-gen 4 11-16-2017 09:16 AM
Dabbler's Dingo Delight johnnyluv Axial SCX-10 13 11-03-2016 09:20 AM