RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vaterra Ascender (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/)
-   -   New Vaterra Owner Here, Looking for advice (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/611638-new-vaterra-owner-here-looking-advice.html)

Rav3n 09-10-2019 10:42 PM

New Vaterra Owner Here, Looking for advice

Hi Everyone,

i am just about too order 3 ascender 2.0 Chevy suburban rtr's for my kids i can get them on sale for $399Aud
Or i can get the Vaterra 1986 Chevrolet K-5 Blazer KIT for the same price which is ok i can then get the rest to make it rtr

Which way should i go?

Can anyone help me with a list of Critical spares? IE: things that break easy and things that should be upgraded immediately i have done a search and a bit of reading and so far it seems like i should order 3 sets of steel gears for the transmission on the suburban at the very least but i'd like to ask the more seasoned owners what i can expect

Thanks everyone

Rav3n 09-10-2019 11:11 PM

Re: New Vaterra Owner Here, Looking for advice

oops missed this thread which helped a bit about the trans gears

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vater...-suburban.html

soze 09-11-2019 12:04 AM

If you are still able to get K5 Blazer Kits, I would definitely pick those up.

Rav3n 09-11-2019 12:26 AM

Ok thanks for that info Soze, based off that pricing for the kits then getting electrics would i be better off just forking out the extra for trx4 sports? i can get them for $575ea??

soze 09-11-2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav3n (Post 5961518)
Ok thanks for that info Soze, based off that pricing for the kits then getting electrics would i be better off just forking out the extra for trx4 sports? i can get them for $575ea??

I'm not really familiar with AUS pricing.

But the TRX4 Sport would probably be more future proof at this point with better parts supply. Of course it all depends on your budget.
What's the price on the Element Enduro in AUS vs the TRX4 Sport? I would imagine the Enduro should be more inexpensive than the TRX4.

Rav3n 09-11-2019 05:09 AM

yeah the element is 500 ready to go for either version, i already have a trx4 blazer so i might aswell just get 3 sports and a sport kit and call it a day

thanks for your help mate

Natedog 09-11-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav3n (Post 5961513)
Hi Everyone,

i am just about too order 3 ascender 2.0 Chevy suburban rtr's for my kids i can get them on sale for $399Aud
Or i can get the Vaterra 1986 Chevrolet K-5 Blazer KIT for the same price which is ok i can then get the rest to make it rtr

Which way should i go?

Can anyone help me with a list of Critical spares? IE: things that break easy and things that should be upgraded immediately i have done a search and a bit of reading and so far it seems like i should order 3 sets of steel gears for the transmission on the suburban at the very least but i'd like to ask the more seasoned owners what i can expect

Thanks everyone

I'd buy the Blazer kits, then the Suburbans, great value and only thing I've broken on any of my Ascenders is one CVD. There's also the K10 and F100 (both WB2, easily stretched to WB3). Which body do you like? I prefer kits, but RTR is ok and sometimes less free kit building times these days, so want to get out and crawl.

TRX-4 portals are cool, but will never crawl as well as non-portal axles. "thumbsup"

There are many radios out there for less money such as DX2, Flysky and Noble, kinda depends on your budget and what feels best while holding the trasmitter. :)