Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: rear bumper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2019, 06:26 PM   #1

Default rear bumper

So I have the suburban and love the body but have some issues with it being so long. I found a front bumper to fit with a little tweaking, its metal and supports the warn winch. Having an issue trying to find a bumper to fit the rear. has anyone used another trucks bumper mounts to fit? I was thinking of getting a SCX10 bumper bracket and machining it to fit since there are tons of sweet rear bumpers for the scx10. But I may still have an issue with the rear of the body sticking out so far. I might have to get the K5 body.
Love the truck and with a few upgrades it works really good. Upgrades so far HC shocks, husky links, new tires and servo.
Back to the bumper issue, I am up for any ideas on another brands mount to fit with a little work. I figure someone must have done this before.
fahzafahza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2019, 10:21 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: rear bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahzafahza View Post
So I have the suburban and love the body but have some issues with it being so long. I found a front bumper to fit with a little tweaking, its metal and supports the warn winch. Having an issue trying to find a bumper to fit the rear. has anyone used another trucks bumper mounts to fit? I was thinking of getting a SCX10 bumper bracket and machining it to fit since there are tons of sweet rear bumpers for the scx10. But I may still have an issue with the rear of the body sticking out so far. I might have to get the K5 body.
Love the truck and with a few upgrades it works really good. Upgrades so far HC shocks, husky links, new tires and servo.
Back to the bumper issue, I am up for any ideas on another brands mount to fit with a little work. I figure someone must have done this before.
Adapt the bumper to bolt to the frame rails is usually stronger and preferable ime. The SCX10 two round post method of bumper mounting is notoriously flexy and weaker. Wertymade, BGR, RC4WD and many others to choose from or make your own. Body can be trimmed or cut up, shortened, turned pickup bed etc., ShoeGoo'd back together and outside painted too.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

rear bumper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rear bumper buster22 Testing 1 2 3 0 11-18-2008 09:46 PM