Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Ascender Parts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2022, 01:48 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Ascender Parts?

Love my Ascender and still crawl it, but not driving it as much because it seems parts are no longer available.

Are we just hosed at this point if we wear out or break parts?
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2022, 03:25 PM   #2
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Ascender Parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
Love my Ascender and still crawl it, but not driving it as much because it seems parts are no longer available.

Are we just hosed at this point if we wear out or break parts?
if we aren't at that point yet, its not far off
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 03:35 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Yeah I think we are getting close to parts drying up, it's a damn shame too, these were good trucks and I still have three of em. I keep seeing them bring back Vaterra rigs as Losi's I wish they'd bring back the Ascender as a rebadged Losi.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 04:23 PM   #4
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Yeah I think we are getting close to parts drying up, it's a damn shame too, these were good trucks and I still have three of em. I keep seeing them bring back Vaterra rigs as Losi's I wish they'd bring back the Ascender as a rebadged Losi.
Horizon got Axial, but the soul was sacrificed. Sacrificed in the form of an Ascender.

I joke, but, you know.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 07:39 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The Ascender was my first decent kit and I'm still pretty fond of it.

I've considered swapping axles but at what point is it still an Ascender? I think I could live with swapping axles but one thing to me that makes the Ascender an Ascender is the axle mounted battery which sadly many ditched to run giant batteries!

What parts do you need or is this more about when you need parts down the road?

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 11-01-2022 at 07:41 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 06:32 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yep it is a shame. This was my first serious crawler kit as well. First crawler was an ECX Barrage. Bought one for my son and I, and really liked the hobby so bought the Ascender and have loved it.

Mostly just looking for parts that will wear out. I have brass weights on the axles and the added weight makes the truck wear the plastic parts and links a lot more since I mostly crawl on rocks.

My axle housings are pretty beat up as well as the skid plate. I should probably look for some sort of skid plates for the underside.

I also had a bunch of replacement parts in my cart a while back but didn't buy them. Wish I would have now. I had full sets if gears etc as well.

Who even owns the truck design at this point? Wonder if the molds could be purchased?

Last edited by Stomp; 11-02-2022 at 06:34 AM.
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 07:10 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
Yep it is a shame. This was my first serious crawler kit as well. First crawler was an ECX Barrage. Bought one for my son and I, and really liked the hobby so bought the Ascender and have loved it.

Mostly just looking for parts that will wear out. I have brass weights on the axles and the added weight makes the truck wear the plastic parts and links a lot more since I mostly crawl on rocks.

My axle housings are pretty beat up as well as the skid plate. I should probably look for some sort of skid plates for the underside.

I also had a bunch of replacement parts in my cart a while back but didn't buy them. Wish I would have now. I had full sets if gears etc as well.

Who even owns the truck design at this point? Wonder if the molds could be purchased?
the creator of the asender is a member here and he now works for horizon and if i remeber correctly he on the axial team

so in a way the assender lives on it just murged with the scx10
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:51 PM   #8
RCC Addict

So I went to one of the major Hobby stores near me today, They have had a RTR Vaterra Blazer on the floor since 2017, priced at $399, I asked about it since it's been sitting there forever and they guy scanned and said it was marked down to $369 but said he'd ask the manager if they could do better, asked the manager and said the best he could do was $339, I hated to leave it there but at this point it would have to be at $250 or less. However they had SCX6 Jeeps marked down to $899, I had to think about that for a bit lol
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote

Ascender Parts? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ascender parts Squirral Vaterra Ascender 78 01-07-2020 08:29 PM
3D Printed Ascender Parts robertjpjr Vaterra Ascender 7 12-27-2017 09:39 PM
Parts Explosion available for the Ascender? JayGreig Vaterra Ascender 2 06-26-2015 09:19 AM