Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Badger's Vaterra Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #241
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Default Re: Badger's Vaterra Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
So I had to edit the below photo to add the "do not enter" signs because it turns out that the Twin Hammers is not part boat. After that outing I sprayed simple green on the rig and hosed it off to clean it up. After I dried it off I sprayed silicone lube on the metal parts so they don't rust (or rust as bad). I went to run it again this weekend to get some video of it and it did not turn on. The ESC, receiver and shifting servo are no longer working, no lights come on, no noise, the other thing working in the stock electronics is the steering servo.

Even though I read the manual where it said "while the entire vehicle is highly water-resistant, it is not completely waterproof and your vehicle should NOT be treated like a submarine", I knew I was risking damaging something when I submerged my rig as much as I did. So take this as your lesson learned if you don't want to rush out and upgrade your electronics, be reasonable with how deep of water you run in.

haha. dont you have a boat? hey at least it was fun.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #242
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Those aren't the stock lights are they? I need some of those on my other rigs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The stock "lights" are just stickers. I would "guess" those are some Vanquish Rigid lights
The Twin Hammers does not come with lights, a Harlet said they are just stickers.

It's not a VP rigid light bar, I would like to install one though because it being a flood light would give me the close range light that I need. The spot lights would be a perfect compliment to VP's Rigid light bar.

The lights I installed and took pics of last night are are pair of Hand Bros "SUN SPOT" triple LED scale off-road lights (the lights have a max output of 567 lumens at 9.6v.). Unfortunately you cannot buy them anymore because Hand Bros no longer makes them. Big thanks for my homie rbgibberish at Tammie's Hobbies for selling me their last set of these lights.
Attached Images

badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #243
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
The lights I installed and took pics of last night are are pair of Hand Bros "SUN SPOT" triple LED scale off-road lights (the lights have a max output of 567 lumens at 9.6v.). Unfortunately you cannot buy them anymore because Hand Bros no longer makes them. Big thanks for my homie rbgibberish at Tammie's Hobbies for selling me their last set of these lights.
I saw those at Scale Nats, very impressive pieces. Holmes bought all of the ones he had left!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #244
Rock Stacker

I can't decide between buying the twin hammer or the SCX10 jeep wrangler!
do any local places have he scx10 in stock? i'm about to start calling a few.

still hoping you'd reply to my PM if go driving again on niles!
SubyJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #245
Quarry Creeper

These would look awesome in the light pods on the shell.

Depends on their size though? Could you measure them please badger?

craigrobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #246

Hello all,

I would like to know how the axle is being in 5 parts, seems fine for crawling low speed how is it at high speed and jumps?
Also is there any (a little, a lot, or not much) play in the front end steering, tires, shock setup?

Great pics and review so far, i do like the 2.2 and the truck body looks like it will be awsome when a fitting one comes out.
Thanks for the pics and review
Toona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #247
RCC Addict

I think with a little modification the TT body would work.
I wonder if you can do a "reverse" bob on the bed. Like cut an inch or so off the front part of the bed that connects with the cab.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
I think with a little modification the TT body would work.
I wonder if you can do a "reverse" bob on the bed. Like cut an inch or so off the front part of the bed that connects with the cab.

I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking a dovetail could possibly be cool too.
benny_wiskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #249
Rock Stacker

It looks like a nice ride but I will wait for the tried and true product that I have come to know that Axial will deliver (hopefully soon) as they have always done for us so many times before. It never hurts to have a little competition to help drive the excitement and fun factor between enthusiasts when we get together for an event or just some backyard thrashing between friends.

Supporting those that support us is important and if you haven't been to an Axial or RECON event you may not understand the level of the Family First fun philosophy that they and so many others provide.

I hope that this will not start a debate about whose product is better or not, but will inspire others to join in and take our sport to the next level and bring more people outdoors together for the common goal..."good times with good people".

Respectfully,
Thom K
Thom K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubyJeff View Post
I can't decide between buying the twin hammer or the SCX10 jeep wrangler!
do any local places have he scx10 in stock? i'm about to start calling a few.

still hoping you'd reply to my PM if go driving again on niles!
I will definitely let you know next time I go to Niles. I'm not sure if you want to drive over to the peninsula where I'm at to check it out and drive it for yourself sooner. Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigrobbo View Post
These would look awesome in the light pods on the shell.

Depends on their size though? Could you measure them please badger?

No need to measure, they will definitely fit. I have some and will be installing them in the next day or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toona View Post
Hello all,

I would like to know how the axle is being in 5 parts, seems fine for crawling low speed how is it at high speed and jumps?
Also is there any (a little, a lot, or not much) play in the front end steering, tires, shock setup?

Great pics and review so far, i do like the 2.2 and the truck body looks like it will be awsome when a fitting one comes out.
Thanks for the pics and review
I took the rig to a BMX park late today and the rear axle handled the high speed action great. The shock/suspension setup is amazing at soaking up high speed rough terrain.

I did take some video with my gopro, will be making a video ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom K View Post
It looks like a nice ride but I will wait for the tried and true product that I have come to know that Axial will deliver (hopefully soon) as they have always done for us so many times before. It never hurts to have a little competition to help drive the excitement and fun factor between enthusiasts when we get together for an event or just some backyard thrashing between friends.

Supporting those that support us is important and if you haven't been to an Axial or RECON event you may not understand the level of the Family First fun philosophy that they and so many others provide.

I hope that this will not start a debate about whose product is better or not, but will inspire others to join in and take our sport to the next level and bring more people outdoors together for the common goal..."good times with good people".

Respectfully,
Thom K
I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to get vehicles from multiple brands and not be locked into 1 brand as a team driver. All I know is that I beat the piss out of this rig late today at a BMX park and had an absolute blast driving it. I will go into the performance in a post tomorrow but I will say that I'm amazed at how well this rig handles at high speed and how durable it is as well.

If I'm ever up in the Reno area I'll let you know so you can take my TH for a spin, I won't tell anyone how big your smile was.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #251
RCC Addict

what i hope for is more companies to bring ready to run rigs like this with everything already included not just the minimum for the money we are spending.how much would you have to spend to build a rig like this right now with everything included rtr ,to build an axial would cost you two or three times as much, maybe we should all be looking for companies that build rigs like this that are looking for people like us to buy their product not the other way around ,we are the consumer without us they are nothing but with us they are everything . warriorsimi verse 1.1 you better recognize.
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #252
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorsimi View Post
what i hope for is more companies to bring ready to run rigs like this with everything already included not just the minimum for the money we are spending.how much would you have to spend to build a rig like this right now with everything included rtr ,to build an axial would cost you two or three times as much, maybe we should all be looking for companies that build rigs like this that are looking for people like us to buy their product not the other way around ,we are the consumer without us they are nothing but with us they are everything . warriorsimi verse 1.1 you better recognize.
I agree, this as a ready to run is great value for the money, Also as a full rtr it will bring new people into the hobby
drzjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:48 AM   #253
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzjohn View Post
I agree, this as a ready to run is great value for the money, Also as a full rtr it will bring new people into the hobby
Or folks who just don't have knowledge or time to put everything together. I like axial products but I felt like they fell a little short without offering a battery/charger for their RTR. There will be the folks who take this rig apart and rebuild it with what they want while people like me want plug and play from day one. I guess time will tell what others do in light of this setup and packaged deal.
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #254
RCC Addict

When he says bike park, he means downhill insane mtn bike park on a hillside....... it soaks bumps like no other Rc I have seen, as for durability in the first jump attempt on a 9' gap it hit right in the face of the landing ramp and no breakage I am very impressed with how tough it is

I think I will be ordering one
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #255
Pebble Pounder

How long does the inclueded battery last when on high gear?
erikstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #256
RCC Addict

Quote:
It never hurts to have a little competition to help drive the excitement and fun factor between enthusiasts when we get together for an event or just some backyard thrashing between friends.

Respectfully,
Thom K
This is what our hobby is about right here
Thanks Thom
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #257
Rock Stacker

Hello,

This is a very sexy RC !

I have a losi XXX SCB with tunning kit and BL motor 4700kv SC8 ESC, running in 2S lipo bat and my ration is 10,69:1 - my top speed is 70 km/h (~43 mp/h) with a GPS.

So I'm thinking about sell my SCB for take this vaterra... for try something différent.

- Does my BL combo will work with the transmition ?
- Do it turn well on "speed" gear, not like a SC of course, but better than a classic crawler i guess ?
- What is the RTR top speed ?

thx in advance and sry about my poor english ^^
NITRONAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #258
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Respectfully,
Thom K
That's just great. Glad you felt the need posted that. Not everyone is had a great experience with axial nothing like buying a rig and then having to spend over thousand dollars from their partner company vanquish to make it reliable. And I'm not trying to be x against z it's just the fact that it looks like this rig is built a lot better than anything Axial has built in the last few years. I spent a fortune on Axial and Vanquish parts and will not drink Koolaide any more.
I'm very much looking forward to a rig I don't have to spend huge fortune on or fix the first day out.
Norcal_GIT_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #259

I've added a table of contents to the first post in this thread to make it easier to fine the relevant info / technical details posted throughout this thread. I will keep updating the TOC as new information is posted.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #260
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_GIT_r View Post
That's just great. Glad you felt the need posted that. Not everyone is had a great experience with axial nothing like buying a rig and then having to spend over thousand dollars from their partner company vanquish to make it reliable. And I'm not trying to be x against z it's just the fact that it looks like this rig is built a lot better than anything Axial has built in the last few years. I spent a fortune on Axial and Vanquish parts and will not drink Koolaide any more.
I'm very much looking forward to a rig I don't have to spend huge fortune on or fix the first day out.
I've never owned a single vanquish product. Oh wait I have the 8* knucks/chubs. So I've spent around $75 on VP products. And I've never felt my axial rigs are unreliable. Cant think of the last thing I've broken!
Maybe you just need to drive better? ;)

heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-twin-hammers/425908-badgers-vaterra-twin-hammers-1-9-rock-racer.html
Posted By For Type Date
Vaterra Twin Hammers 1/10 4WD Rock Racer - Seite 2 - RC Crawler - RC-Erdferkel This thread Refback 03-18-2013 12:32 PM
the exo's newest enemy This thread Refback 03-15-2013 11:59 PM
the exo's newest enemy - Page 3 - RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 03-10-2013 12:32 PM
Vaterra Twin Hammers 1/10 4WD Rock Racer - Seite 2 - RC Crawler - RC-Erdferkel This thread Refback 03-01-2013 08:14 PM
Vaterra & Horizon Hobby Products : radiocontrol This thread Refback 02-15-2013 10:00 PM
Neu bei Jakspeed Racing = Vaterra Twin Hammers 1/10 4WD Rock Racer (Horizon Hobby) - Seite 5 - Jakspeed Racing - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 02-15-2013 03:52 PM
Vaterra - Horizon Hobby's new brand - Page 5 - RC Groups This thread Refback 02-13-2013 12:22 PM
RCMT Review Crew want to do Twin Hammers review??? - Page 2 This thread Refback 02-12-2013 06:43 AM
the exo's newest enemy - Page 2 - RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board This thread Pingback 02-10-2013 03:14 PM
vaterra twins hammer - Virgilio Ricerca Web This thread Refback 02-08-2013 02:54 PM
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - Vaterra RC alguém conhece? This thread Refback 02-08-2013 08:53 AM
Neu bei Jakspeed Racing = Vaterra Twin Hammers 1/10 4WD Rock Racer (Horizon Hobby) - Seite 4 - Jakspeed Racing - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 02-08-2013 01:56 AM
- Neuer Hersteller: Vaterra - offroad-CULT This thread Refback 02-07-2013 03:24 AM
Vaterra Twin Hammers - jetzt wird gefahren... - Short Course, Desert Racing und Tamiya SRB - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 02-06-2013 04:48 PM
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - VATERRA TWIN HAMMER REVIEW- NOVA MARCA DE RCS DA HORIZON This thread Refback 02-06-2013 03:37 PM
Er ist da - Vaterra Twin Hammers - Bilder - Die deutschsprachige HPI Baja Community This thread Refback 02-06-2013 11:57 AM
Er ist da - Vaterra Twin Hammers - Bilder - Die deutschsprachige HPI Baja Community This thread Refback 02-06-2013 11:47 AM
Vatis Doppelhammer, unboxing durch Sigi F. - Short Course, Desert Racing und Tamiya SRB - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 02-06-2013 08:49 AM
Horizon Hobby releases new Brand Vaterra with some cool new RC models This thread Refback 02-05-2013 11:46 AM
Vaterra Twin Hammers This thread Refback 02-05-2013 08:00 AM
Vaterra rc - Twin Hammers 1/10 Rock Racer This thread Refback 02-04-2013 08:32 AM
• Thema anzeigen - Vaterra - Twin Hammers This thread Refback 02-04-2013 08:27 AM
Vaterra RC from Horizon Hobby - Page 2 - RC News - Modelsport UK Forum - Page 2 This thread Refback 02-04-2013 03:26 AM
Ny bil....men hvilken??? - Generel diskussion This thread Refback 02-03-2013 01:33 PM
Rock Racer - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums This thread Refback 02-02-2013 05:59 PM
Horizon Hobby? Rock Racer, link This thread Refback 02-02-2013 02:34 PM
Vaterra "TWIN HAMMERS" 4WD Rock Racer. - Neuvorstellungen - RC-Monster-Trucks This thread Refback 02-02-2013 02:33 PM
Chase and Eggs - Page 108 - RCLargeScale.com This thread Refback 02-02-2013 02:05 PM
Mini Monster Club Romand • Consulter le sujet - Vaterra Twin Hammers, nouveau type de Scale... This thread Refback 02-02-2013 11:53 AM
Neu bei Jakspeed Racing = Vaterra Twin Hammers 1/10 4WD Rock Racer (Horizon Hobby) - Seite 2 - Jakspeed Racing - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 02-02-2013 04:45 AM
A.S.D.Trial Attack Racing Team - Online Users This thread Refback 02-01-2013 03:16 PM
Vaterra RC - Page 5 This thread Refback 02-01-2013 02:38 PM
vaterra - page 3 This thread Refback 02-01-2013 02:38 PM
4x4-Stubai - Neuer IFS Buggy: Vaterra Twin Hammers This thread Refback 02-01-2013 06:59 AM
Neuigkeiten 2013 - Bilder und Videos - rccrawler.eu This thread Refback 01-31-2013 11:06 PM
Novità da Horizon Hobby: VATERRA RC!! - Pagina 10 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 01-31-2013 04:55 PM
ùàìä Twin Hammer rock racer This thread Refback 01-31-2013 03:25 PM
denna var tøff This thread Refback 01-31-2013 02:01 PM
Mmmmm??? - Nostr Forums This thread Refback 01-31-2013 09:15 AM
Novità da Horizon Hobby: VATERRA RC!! - Pagina 7 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 01-31-2013 09:11 AM
Vaterra RC Twin Hammers IFS Desert Truck This thread Refback 01-31-2013 08:27 AM
Novità da Horizon Hobby: VATERRA RC!! - Pagina 7 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 01-31-2013 06:23 AM
Maritime Scale RC Forums - Vaterra Twin Hammers RTR Truck This thread Refback 01-31-2013 05:19 AM
the Crawl Pit • View topic - twin hammers This thread Refback 01-31-2013 01:07 AM
New Brand from Horizon coming tomorrow! - Page 2 - Oregon R/C Rock Crawlers This thread Refback 01-30-2013 09:24 PM
New Brand from Horizon coming tomorrow! - Page 2 - Oregon R/C Rock Crawlers This thread Refback 01-30-2013 09:10 PM
à¹à¸Ÿà¸™à¹†à¸£à¸–สเà¸à¸§ à¹à¸•à¹ˆà¹„ม่ลืมที่จะโหดต้องดูนี่ครับ " Twin Hammers " This thread Refback 01-30-2013 07:41 PM
Scale RC - Page 396 - R/C Tech Forums This thread Pingback 01-30-2013 07:26 PM
LO NUEVO ....Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer RTR by Vaterra - TwistedAndes This thread Refback 01-30-2013 03:38 PM
Novità da Horizon Hobby: VATERRA RC!! - Pagina 5 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 01-30-2013 02:44 PM

Badger's Vaterra Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vaterra Twin Hammers Picture Archive - No talking Rock Concepts Vaterra Twin Hammers 345 03-11-2024 05:55 PM
Badger's Axial SCX10 Jeep JK w/ VP Currie Rock Axles badger Axial SCX-10 283 01-23-2016 08:04 PM
Video of Twin Hammers Rock Concepts Vaterra Twin Hammers 78 04-09-2013 06:55 AM
Twin Hammers Rock Concepts Videos! 4 01-31-2013 02:50 PM
NEW Vaterra Twin Hammers Discussion nissan_driver24 1.9 Scale Rigs 51 01-30-2013 01:47 PM