RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vaterra Twin Hammers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-twin-hammers/)
-   -   Twin Hammers Set up Tips (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-twin-hammers/427350-twin-hammers-set-up-tips.html)

Rock Concepts 02-06-2013 10:28 PM

Twin Hammers Set up Tips

Had some question about Reversing the shift button, so here is a real quick set uo vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i351Aap1gUI

"thumbsup"

EGRESSor 02-07-2013 01:11 AM

Re: Twin Hammers Set up Tips

a short how to change the esc mode would be nice

and whats the default setting ? fwd/rev or the crawler mode?

Badmuthatrucker 02-07-2013 01:49 AM

According to the manual on Vaterra's site, it's defaults are forward/smart brake/reverse and lipo cut off on.

EGRESSor 02-07-2013 02:04 AM

i found it in the online manual"thumbsup"

looks like the esc mode change is missed in the manual that comes with the car:shock:

Rich Trujillo 02-07-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EGRESSor (Post 4166683)
i found it in the online manual"thumbsup"

looks like the esc mode change is missed in the manual that comes with the car:shock:

Good catch, it looks like the section was left out.
Here is a link to the full manual for the Tazer 12T ESC.

Dynamite LiPo Tazer 12T Waterproof Fwd/Rev ESC (DYN4927WP)

We'll work on getting that info squeezed in to the manual on future production.

SubyJeff 02-07-2013 10:56 AM

thanks "thumbsup"

benny_wiskas 02-07-2013 12:58 PM

I'm kinda surprised it's better for the tranny to be shifted while in motion rather than stopped. Good to hear. "thumbsup"

EGRESSor 02-08-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo (Post 4167122)
Good catch, it looks like the section was left out.
Here is a link to the full manual for the Tazer 12T ESC.

Dynamite LiPo Tazer 12T Waterproof Fwd/Rev ESC (DYN4927WP)

We'll work on getting that info squeezed in to the manual on future production.

you may add a note that the user should check/adjust the steering and third channel endpoints before using
i know some guys that killed their shift servos at the first run

btw. itīs a great rig "thumbsup"

northernerbill 02-08-2013 12:57 PM

Yep my gear shift servo is caput after 2 mins run time! Only had the thing in my possession an hour!

Syncrog60 02-08-2013 02:12 PM

Yep, Bungfruit and DRZjohn just burned theirs.

BKcrawler 02-08-2013 02:42 PM

truck has been in testing for a year or so and they never saw shift servo failure? thanks for the heads up on this. will try to be careful.

rocresq 02-08-2013 03:07 PM

Yup I just got my replacement on my Twin Hammer and the endpoints need adjustment before i have another wasted shift servo.

Badmuthatrucker 02-08-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKcrawler (Post 4169417)
truck has been in testing for a year or so and they never saw shift servo failure? thanks for the heads up on this. will try to be careful.

More than likely the pre-production models were assembled by the design team or something, where the production run would be built just by factory workers like any RTR.

This is why I despise RTR, but working in a hobbyshop shows you that 90% + of people these days are either dumb or lazy so I accept we need RTR's for the hobby to survive.

BKcrawler 02-08-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badmuthatrucker (Post 4169527)
More than likely the pre-production models were assembled by the design team or something, where the production run would be built just by factory workers like any RTR.

This is why I despise RTR, but working in a hobbyshop shows you that 90% + of people these days are either dumb or lazy so I accept we need RTR's for the hobby to survive.

yeah that's true. Maybe Vaterra should have given a few kits to new people to the hobby and and see what they broke or had trouble with and then troubleshoot it then. I'm sure some kids and or experienced users will have similar issues with the shift servo. Not the end of the world tho... Dealing with a Multi speed trans would be unusual for most i guess.

ScottMac737 02-09-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKcrawler (Post 4169417)

We'll be well off if this is the only issue on a first production run model.

ibeamranger 02-10-2013 06:29 PM

I bought 2 the other day for me and my son and the shift servo in both burned out in 5 min of owning it..Big Failure there's so many people that have these and can not even drive them. Vaterra needs to step up and replace everybody's with a better one..and it is a odd size servo. I went to go buy one and nobody had that size..

Knytemare 02-10-2013 11:30 PM

I kind of wish they had put a spring on the shift servo (like what the E-Maxx had for its shift servo) so that in the event of the EPA's not being set up exactly as needed, that would lessen the likelihood of burning out the servo. When dealing with RTR's you often find people who are either too lazy or just plain too stupid to check things like. I've been working on RC cars for quite a few years and have set up 3 speed transmissions and dig units for awhile now, but being marketed for newcomers; they won't possess that knowledge.

elbo 02-11-2013 01:07 PM

Well i have put a battery pack through mine and the shift servo is still working so thats a plus. I did have an interesting problem, though. The plug for my lipo was very poorly soldered and came off in my hand as i took it out of the packaging. For me it wasnt a big deal(actually helpful) as i was switching to deans anyway, but something to look out for if you plan on keeping the stock electronics.

eddiekfx 02-15-2013 01:07 AM

I'm confuse if the car comes with a Lipo then why is the preset mode set to nimh? Pls any one respond

Rockridge 02-15-2013 04:13 PM

I just noticed that my manual says the esc is factory set for Ni-MH.... The online manual says lipo.... What the heck