Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Left turn?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Left turn?

So i finished building/upgrading my vettera last night, and for some reason I have good steering to the right, but going left is minimal at best. I dont see anything binding, the toe in and camber are the same on both the left and right. steering servo is centered. Any suggestions? FYI i just bought Derwood's steering kit but it is not going to be here before our scale event this weekend.
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Left turn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan View Post
So i finished building/upgrading my vettera last night, and for some reason I have good steering to the right, but going left is minimal at best. I dont see anything binding, the toe in and camber are the same on both the left and right. steering servo is centered. Any suggestions? FYI i just bought Derwood's steering kit but it is not going to be here before our scale event this weekend.

Did you verify your end point settings?
Note the servo arm position at full left position then pop off the ball and re-check.
photon_trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon_trap View Post
Did you verify your end point settings?
Note the servo arm position at full left position then pop off the ball and re-check.
I did. It seems like something is keeping it from turning anymore, but for the life of me I can't see what it is. The servo has more throw, but the steering rack just stops. This is a roller I bought so maybe all the slop in the steering is the reason. Hopefully Derwood's steering rack will fix it.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I had the exact same problem. Running the paddle tires the sand wore out the rack and would get stuck. It got so sloppy it would kick off to the side and bind up. Try cycling the servo disconnected from the steering rack. If it works fine try sliding the rack slider by hand and see how it moves. Should move with almost no resistance.
xCoolHandLukex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoolHandLukex View Post
I had the exact same problem. Running the paddle tires the sand wore out the rack and would get stuck. It got so sloppy it would kick off to the side and bind up. Try cycling the servo disconnected from the steering rack. If it works fine try sliding the rack slider by hand and see how it moves. Should move with almost no resistance.
I looked at it again this evening, and i think the rack is just worn out. watching it cycle through the range it just has a huge amount of slop. i think that the derwood add on will fix it, but that wont help this weekend. maybe the courses wont have any left turns
Old 06-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Try spraying it with dry graphite or Teflon lubricant on both pieces.
xCoolHandLukex is offline   Reply With Quote

Left turn? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reciever wont Turn on! or Takes awhile for it to turn on! MRCCRAWLER1.9 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 13 07-09-2010 05:18 PM
Brand New WK, will not turn left. '04 Rubicon HPI Wheely King 3 03-11-2008 05:35 PM
High turn vs. low turn motors for crawlin'.... Offroader5 General Crawlers 13 03-16-2007 12:42 PM