Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Twin Hammers Shift Servo Setup Instructions from Horizon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #21

Default Re: Twin Hammers Shift Servo Setup Instructions from Horizon

So this is my first car with 2 speeds and I wouldnt say I am a novice but I have never really messed with EPA's on a servo. I just ran 1 pack through it since I got it. Have all these adjustments been fixed in the factory since the initial release of this car or is this something I still have to open up and check?
sgtlopez79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #22
Slow is the new Fast

Thx for the sticky. It took me a bit to figure out adapting the guide to this dx4c I am using on my kit build. I am hopeful with my endpoints properly set that my mini servo will live to see old age.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:19 PM   #23

how do I shift gears? Just out of box and charged it up and there is a buzzing always.
xbobertx2394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:09 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbobertx2394 View Post
how do I shift gears? Just out of box and charged it up and there is a buzzing always.
This is what I have experienced with my new twin hammers v2 and now after two packs my servo makes an engaging buzzings noise trying to turn the linkage I think, as I try to engage the hi-lo range but it won't move the linkage and from the first time powered up it buzzed. How do tell if it is the servo or the transmission locked up with a stripped gear or something? Vaterra is telling me to tear the transmiision apart to inspect for possible damage, I don't really want to do this being it's brand new an I am a rookie at all of this. What to do?
steenroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #25
Dbx
Quarry Creeper

After a fair few issues with Twin Hammers Gear Change, i've released a manual shift alternative on Shapeways. Works great, and screws right in instead of the servo, and costs less... But will need the driver cockpit cutting back if you run with it fitted.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/G3...ionId=59752056

Dbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:34 PM   #26
Dbx
Quarry Creeper

A short video, of my usual excellent quality, showing a gear shift (body removed to show more clearly).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5pTKjRpwzg

Last edited by Dbx; 06-01-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Dbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:52 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

sadly I don't have endpoint settings for my third channel on my transmitter (it's either on or off). Guess I'll have to figure something out with a pullrod with some springs or something.
IVIaarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
You mean most advanced RTR vehicle. IMO any RC with a two speed transmission or dig unit that uses mini sized servo's are for experienced users. I think Vaterra should have released two versions of the Twin Hammers, one for someone who is new to RC with the shift linkage locked into either 1st or 2nd gear and then when they feel they are ready to install the shift servo (standard size) they can upgrade. And the second version the same as the current Twin Hammers only with a standard size shift servo and not the mini. I think that would have eliminated a lot of frustration for the newbs to RC.

Look at Traxxas vehicles with two speeds (Emaxx), they use standard size servos for shifting and they are damn near idiot proof.
the kit version comes with spacer so you can fix the tran to either high or low gear. this can be done in your rtr with a small spacer. Simple searches or viewing of the instructions for the kit version will give you details of spacer size etc. If you cant take your rig apart to do this then you shouldn't own the rig. Part of the hobby is to repair and modify as required
jDtheBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:44 AM   #29

I shift when the car is slowing down, at low speed, finger of the throttle, NOT when giving throttle. Shifts every time spot on!
guzzio is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-twin-hammers/430778-twin-hammers-shift-servo-setup-instructions-horizon.html
Posted By For Type Date
Novità da Horizon Hobby: VATERRA RC!! - Pagina 22 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 02-24-2013 04:49 PM

Twin Hammers Shift Servo Setup Instructions from Horizon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trying to setup rc4wd 2speed in jk shift servo gets hot mtgrizzlymn Axial SCX-10 6 09-16-2014 07:07 AM
Gear Head RC Twin Hammers Shift Servo Plate Gear Head RC Chassis and Suspension 3 02-25-2013 03:14 PM
Gear Head Twin Hammers Standard Servo Shift Mount RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-20-2013 06:41 PM
Help Setup Gear Shift Servo Please!! alexchen86 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 4 07-20-2012 11:30 PM