Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Twin hammers on track?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Twin hammers on track?

Been looking at a twin hammers to run on our small offroad tracks we have locally, but then take it on the trails in the woods with the scalers that run there, nobody has one around here, would it be fun against bone stock 2wd buggies running 540 brushed motors? or is this in its own class of offroad? seen videos looks fast on top end.
crawlernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Twin hammers on track?

It's as fast as my stock hpi blitz, ecx boost and ecx circuit all with 540 brushed motors. But as far as racing competitively The would would be in different classes. It's more like a 4wd sct than a 2wd buggy. But for back yard racing it's totally fun. I even crawl it with my son's rs10xt.
riskyjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I've really wanted to take mine to the local indoor track. But I really don't want to buy tires just for a once and a while things (unless I could find some rc4wd two-face's). I built a track in the backyard just for my hammer. It's got a couple small jumps and a few banked turns. I really enjoy the car like that and have no intentions of crawling with it. I see it as more of a dune-buggy than a crawler any how.
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Track time is fun, defantly dont use a front locker, lost alot of steering on tight tracks.
Subytuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I just got my TH saturday afternoon before our local club race. First thing i did was take it out on the track bone stock. Performance/speed wise its about as fast as a stocker (17.5t noboost). Jumps well although, for obvious reasons, its a little nose heavy. As far as racing i agree it would be in a different class than much anything else. 4wd SCT it wouldnt keep up or perform as well (at least not without some tuning and motor upgrades and add the swaybars, not impossible tho). 2wd SCT you might keep up with just a motor upgrade and some minor shock adjustments.

Its an absolute BLAST on the track tho. Sooooo much fun to whip through the turns. Just to save you some time tho plan on rebuilding the rear shocks. I blew both of mine and replaced them with the longer proline slash shocks that i had laying around (granded we have some pretty big 1/8th scale jumps/drops).
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I have a 65x45 track in the back yard and its a blast to rip the hammer around on.

Last edited by Barndog Racing; 06-12-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Barndog Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Nice back yard track you got barndog ! yea me buying one is just for fun racing when us guys have a gtg , thanks for the replies very helpful, no real intentions of going to a orginized race, just fun chasing down my buddies 2 wd buggies,(arrmas,xx losi,b3,blitz) then down some scale trails, now gotta look for a good deal on one!
crawlernut is offline   Reply With Quote

Twin hammers on track? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Savage00's Twinny Twin Twin Hammers Savage00 Vaterra Twin Hammers 16 09-19-2013 09:09 PM
Twin Hammers in Twin Cities? 89XJ Minnesota 7 05-06-2013 03:59 PM
Twin hammers rc iceman 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 02-13-2013 01:14 AM