Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Horizon Hobby Warranty Department

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Horizon Hobby Warranty Department

I just wanted to post my experience with Horizons warranty department for people thinking of buying a T.H. or any other Vaterra products.

So this is what happened I bought a T.H. new from the store and in about a month and a half the speed control smoked/burnt up with stock motor/gearing and battery. So I call them they said to send it in and they would look at it so I did. As soon as they received it they promptly sent me a new speed control and in only like 4 days (shocking in its self).
Then I installed it and could not for the life of me get it to switch to lipo mode so I called tech again. Tech dept. went through everything over the phone with me again to try and get it in lipo mode with no luck. Then the tech guy noticed something in my account history, come to find out Horizon sent the wrong speed control(I did not even notice it says 15T on the box). They had sent me a 15T without lipo mode instead of a 12T. So he apologized and said he would send the right one right away and to keep the 15T for the trouble. The correct speed control arrived at my door in 3 days if you count the day I called.

Now I would rather none of this had happened but things break/go wrong/fall apart ect. it happens and this is some top notch service after the sale.
I have a feeling I will own more Vaterra stuff.
Sr.Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Horizon Hobby Warranty Department

I bought a $130 dynamite speedpack 3s 50/100c battery brand new from a lhs and it would not balance charge hobby shop said since I put a plug on it deal with horizon one phone and a email with a pic of voltage latery new one was in the mail I got it in 3 days including the day I call they were awesome unlike my lhs they got my praises and thanks and my lhs got tore a new one
ssdub33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #3

im dealing with them right now with my twin hammer also. my tramitter died they replaced it with a dx3c vs the dx3e it came with. now the shift servo just died they sent me a new on and it was dead on arrival. called today and new ones in the mail, he is sending a different one then what the truck comes with, its not waterproof but he says is alot more durable. cool with me cuz i dont play in water anyways. so far im impressed with the customer service.
l36pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

They have been very good to me to.I've gotten 2 tx for my ecx stuff as well as a waterproof rx. And of course that pesky shift servo that is still running strong. (Thanks for the setup sticky rcc)
riskyjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'd be more impressed if it worked out of the box since that's what I paid for.
photon_trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #6

Horizons customer service is top notch.
Skizurp is offline   Reply With Quote

Horizon Hobby Warranty Department - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New line from Horizon Hobby - Vaterra Orph3o General Crawlers 264 02-08-2013 06:07 PM
Thumbs up to Horizon Hobby 53 willys Chit Chat 13 05-11-2012 02:14 PM
Horizon Hobby WTF lwb Sami Chit Chat 50 06-23-2011 08:59 PM
horizon hobby warranty twisted bender Chit Chat 2 02-01-2010 01:41 PM
Horizon Hobby repair ?'s slobin3d Chit Chat 5 01-21-2008 10:54 PM