Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: LED Lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default LED Lights

Hey guys! I have a quick question on lighting for TWH. I was looking at getting the Vanquish Rigid Lights since they seem super easy to bolt on. It says they require a 3s to run though and i am only using 2s since i can't seem to find a 3s shorty Lipo. Also, i assume the LED's plug into the reciever? all the ports are full stock arent they?

So my question is how are some of your lights wired up and powered?

another option i was looking into was a AA power pack (if 2s power is not available) and a controller thing from http://www.rc-lights.com/categories/LED-Controllers/ in use with the rigid lights. Is this also a viable option?

Bottom line is im not sure how to connect all the LED's if i were to just buy a vanquish setup and run on a 2s lipo?

thank you in advance.
Farmers00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: LED Lights

There is no connector on the rigid light bar. With that said the way you hook it up is to the battery most people that run 3s put it in line between the battery and esc. On 2s it is about 1/3 the brightness.
iacdmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I run my lights off of a small 450mAh lipo receiver pack from an airplane. Rechargeable and lasts a LONG time.
Pockets70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

oh! Good idea. Is it a 3s? and how do you connect the little wires to the giant battery wires?

I'm not 100% clear on how to connect the lights in between the battery and esc. Do i cut attach the led wires to the connector on the esc side where it plugs into the battery?
Old 11-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers00 View Post
oh! Good idea. Is it a 3s? and how do you connect the little wires to the giant battery wires?

I'm not 100% clear on how to connect the lights in between the battery and esc. Do i cut attach the led wires to the connector on the esc side where it plugs into the battery?
Yeah, 3S 450mAh. http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-3s1p.html Just solder on a set of JST connectors between the LED harness and the battery and you're done. No need to connect it to the receiver at all, just have the small pack onboard next to the main battery using a small piece of Velcro. I have an adapter on my charger for the JST plug. Works perfect!

Last edited by Pockets70; 11-15-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 11-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Thats awesome dude. i didnt know they made 3s that small. you'd think they would come out with a nice shorty 3s. lol. Ive got so many ideas now.

Thank you!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

No problem. If you get the Derwood servo relocation kit, then you can (with effort) run a shorty 2s where the esc and servo went.

Tags
led, led lights, twin hammers

LED Lights - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LED lights jgeck90 Electronics 5 06-22-2008 12:35 AM
Need Help With Led Lights NEVADIE General Crawlers 8 02-02-2006 01:35 PM