Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: IRIE Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #221
Rock Stacker

Default Re: IRIE Products

Sir, I did NOT spend my day at work looking for this pic....I did see one of the derwood, I assume that it would bolt up, just didn't know if anyone had posted a pic and if there were any issue, such as needing to countersink screws etc. By the way Sir Irie my lil twin hammers is laying sprawled out on the table waiting for your shafts. dirty minded people in here may get excited with that thought
snowman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2014, 04:05 AM   #222
Quarry Creeper

irie
after seeing your picture of how you bent the drive shaft, i checked my kit TH which is mostly standard with laydown shocks the hd outdrives hit the lower arms before the shocks bottom out (they wont bottom out because of the arms hitting the outdrives) there is a nice shiny ring around both outdrives and a small notch in the arms.
also looking at how far out of the outdrives the shafts sit when the shocks are fully extended compared to when fully compressed (mine wont) the shafts are in the outdrive lots (mine are about a dogbone pin away from bottoming out in the outdrives) you may have to limit upwards travel to stop bending any more shafts.
the suspension/driveshaft design doesnt allow for the shafts to come back out of the outdrives on upwards travel,

if a nice company would please start producing sliding shafts that would cure the fault and increase it performance.
perfictsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #223
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfictsib View Post
irie
after seeing your picture of how you bent the drive shaft, i checked my kit TH which is mostly standard with laydown shocks the hd outdrives hit the lower arms before the shocks bottom out (they wont bottom out because of the arms hitting the outdrives) there is a nice shiny ring around both outdrives and a small notch in the arms.
also looking at how far out of the outdrives the shafts sit when the shocks are fully extended compared to when fully compressed (mine wont) the shafts are in the outdrive lots (mine are about a dogbone pin away from bottoming out in the outdrives) you may have to limit upwards travel to stop bending any more shafts.
the suspension/driveshaft design doesnt allow for the shafts to come back out of the outdrives on upwards travel,

if a nice company would please start producing sliding shafts that would cure the fault and increase it performance.
I have clearanced the lower arms for the hd outdrives so they do not hit the arm and I get full travel. My shocks limit the travel right to the limit of the axles travel in the out drive. In normal situations it can not bend the axle but when it bent my nephew and I were not really treating it normal. We were jumping it of his POS boony crasher geo metro, it was taking landings from 20 feet or more in the air. It really was straight up abuse but allot of fun.
I really was not surprised something got damaged it was more of how with nothing else broke.
Sr.Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:22 AM   #224
Quarry Creeper

so mine should last a long time i dont intend doing 20ft jumps.

(santa said hes bringing me some irie bits)
perfictsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #225
Rock Stacker

Default Re: IRIE Products Twin Hammer Steering & Axles

I don't do 20' jumps either. But It does take some decent tumbles down rocks
Stets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:37 AM   #226

Can you point me in the direction to get the steering kit that fits the GCM tower
geargrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:39 AM   #227
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
Can you point me in the direction to get the steering kit that fits the GCM tower
Send a PM to Sr. Irie and he will hook you up.
ndi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #228
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndi_guy View Post
Send a PM to Sr. Irie and he will hook you up.
Thanks man for the help. My computer is down and doing this stuff on my phone is a real pain in the ,well you know.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #229
Rock Crawler

Irie's Race Prepped Axles are in stock, get them while they last.

I think I have contacted everyone that was waiting, but if I missed you I do apologize I have been having computer issues.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Irie View Post
I have clearanced the lower arms for the hd outdrives so they do not hit the arm and I get full travel. My shocks limit the travel right to the limit of the axles travel in the out drive. In normal situations it can not bend the axle but when it bent my nephew and I were not really treating it normal. We were jumping it of his POS boony crasher geo metro, it was taking landings from 20 feet or more in the air. It really was straight up abuse but allot of fun.
I really was not surprised something got damaged it was more of how with nothing else broke.

I've contacted GCM about other front end problems with my twin at higher speeds. The higher speed and big jumps are what this vehicle doesn't like :( that's why I kept mine as a dedicated crawler. Biggest issue is the front a arms bend easly thus changing all of the front end geometry no matter how well calibrated. Maybe aluminum controll arms are the way to go for all the guys having any CV issues.
Danners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #231
Rock Crawler

Well some time back I said I was working on the bent tower issue. After 2 tries that did not even make it off bench testing. I have one that I can take out and beat the he77 out of, on the TH. If all goes well no more bent towers WOOOOHOOO.
Here is a teaser pic before the beating.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:48 PM   #232
Rock Crawler

ooow oooooh me first!
rockslyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #233
Rock Crawler

Well the tower held up tell I started jumping it and doing back flips and such, then it broke. I have 2 other formulas done ready to try but the weather turned, when it stops raining I will give some more a try.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #234
Rock Crawler

Since it rained with wind gusts up to 50 MPH today and I did not want to go outside to test anything. I made up 2 more different formulas to test. So now I have 4 to beat on as soon as the weather breaks.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #235
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockslyder View Post
ooow oooooh me first!
Actually yota4x4 is first but if you are serious send me a PM and I can put you on the list to contact when I get them figured out.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #236
Rock Crawler

Here is a short clip of testing. I would have allot more footage but I did not check my camera setting and this about all the footage that was usable. Just imagine crashing on purpose for a half an hour.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #237
Quarry Creeper

So I just got back from being gone for two weeks and sitting in my mailbox patiently waiting for me were those cvd's.. I now have them in my possession, and they will be installed this week sometime and a good bashing will commence...lol..
Rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:32 AM   #238
Rock Crawler

How's the testing going? Can't wait to see what you come up with
rockslyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #239

I'm interested in your gcm steering kit. I have p med you and hope to get a set. Thanks
rcmike09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #240
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockslyder View Post
How's the testing going? Can't wait to see what you come up with
I believe I have got the right combination for the material I will be using. With the holidays and my 1:1 Bronco project being a pain in the butt I have not had much time lately. I have only ran it twice (2 hours or so) but was not able to break it. Also I sent my 5 year old and a friends son 10 years old out unsupervised with both my hammers and it came back unbroken as well. I do need to remake the mold I am using to alleviate a little problem that is cosmetic, but I do believe I have got it. I need to make some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmike09 View Post
I'm interested in your gcm steering kit. I have p med you and hope to get a set. Thanks
I have sent you a PM with payment instructions

IRIE Products - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquis products VS mayhem products bigg rocker Tires and Wheels 23 01-09-2011 08:13 PM
DankyCrawler's Project "Irie" dankycrawler 1.9 Scale Rigs 40 11-30-2009 02:20 PM