Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: IRIE Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #381
Rock Crawler

Default Re: IRIE Products

Hello
I am posting to let everyone know what is going on and that I have not forgotten about all of you waiting for kits. I have been very busy and had gotten very far behind on kits for people, witch you all probably know. I was starting to catch up and have now ran out of the arms, not a big deal usually. Now for the new SNAFU. My friend that owns the water jet (the only place in my crappy town) where I get all my aluminum cut is going through a nasty divorce. The both of them are fighting over the business, so as of now neither of them have it and it is closed. If this goes on much longer I will be looking for a new place to have my things cut but I am not to excited about doing things through the mail.

If things ever start going smoothly, I will be scared.
Sr.Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #382
Rock Crawler

S#*w day, the good part the hammer did need a bath.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #383
Quarry Creeper

Hay I want a RC snow ball lol. Looks like u had a good day.
W1ck3d0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:08 PM   #384
Rock Crawler

I would say it was more of making the best of it, S#*w is a four letter word in my mind. My motorcycle almost started making it fun, then it started s#*wing harder and I could not make a whole lap and still see. Now stuck in the house,

...........F WINTER..........
Old 01-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #385
RCC Addict

Default Re: IRIE Products Twin Hammer Steering & Axles

Any chance we can get a "refresh kit" for your bellcrank kit. Just noticed mine has some scratchy bearings and that the rod ends between the bellcrank arms are showing some wear and slop. While I'm sure that I could source the parts to rebuild individually, sure would be nice to get it all together at once. Give it some thought, I'll be calling you this evening.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:15 PM   #386
Rock Crawler

Default Re: IRIE Products Twin Hammer Steering & Axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
Any chance we can get a "refresh kit" for your bellcrank kit. Just noticed mine has some scratchy bearings and that the rod ends between the bellcrank arms are showing some wear and slop. While I'm sure that I could source the parts to rebuild individually, sure would be nice to get it all together at once. Give it some thought, I'll be calling you this evening.
I could put something like that together if people are interested. Talk with you then.

Also to all the people waiting for steering a little update. I have come to the realization that I just do not have time to make the stand offs myself any longer. So I have now found a CNC shop to produce them for me and have them being made as I type. They said they could have them done for me in 2 weeks or less. So GCM kits and Irie kits will be back in stock very soon. I apologize for the wait and thank you for your patience.
I really should of done this much sooner.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:22 PM   #387
Pebble Pounder

Great news. After replacing my stock steering arms and seeing how Vaterra designed the TH steering system, I can see that getting sloppy & eventually failing so I know I'll need your steering setup for my GCM'd TH.
Ca. Off Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #388

Awesome looking forward to both kits!
Lochrie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:11 AM   #389
Quarry Creeper

Is there any chance someone could give me the overall length of the irie bellcrank arms?

I have a particular thing in mind and I need to check fit.

Thanks.
Dustinf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #390
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinf View Post
Is there any chance someone could give me the overall length of the irie bellcrank arms?

I have a particular thing in mind and I need to check fit.

Thanks.
The right side is about 40mm the left is 28mm ish.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #391
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ck3d0n3 View Post
Hay I want a RC snow ball lol. Looks like u had a good day.
Some rally fun.

Now this is a RC snowball

Old 02-03-2016, 05:30 AM   #392

Hi there,

I wonder if those top plate and BB steering kits are still available. I sent you a pm a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything back yet.

Best regards from Germany,

-Peter
dr_dos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #393
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dos View Post
Hi there,

I wonder if those top plate and BB steering kits are still available. I sent you a pm a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything back yet.

Best regards from Germany,

-Peter
They will be,PM sent.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #394
Pebble Pounder

How about doing a rear axle kit so that we can do away with the spool. I would be the first in line to pre order one.
joe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:33 AM   #395
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe007 View Post
How about doing a rear axle kit so that we can do away with the spool. I would be the first in line to pre order one.
I was working on this at one time but there was not much interest in them. I did end up doing an axle set for one guy but never made up any fixtures to do them in quantity. I was using the factory axles and just making the hole for the cross pin. It seemed to work fine but I have not herd any feedback from him in a long time and I never ran them.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:03 PM   #396
Pebble Pounder

Any word on the GCM steering kits?
Rob L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:39 PM   #397
Rock Crawler

The stand offs are done and shipped and the tracking says I should have them Monday. So just package them with the other parts and there ready to ship out.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #398
Pebble Pounder

Cool. Sign me up!
Rob L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #399

So, I'm loving my steering kit. I have a question though, the bearings in the bell crank arms seem to have a lot of play. The slop is in the bearings themselves as well as the fit of the bearings in the arms. Is this normal?

Please note the steering is definitely more robust and I'm very, very pleased with the kit overall but the amount of remaining play at the wheels is surprising. Thoughts?
eMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #400
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoon View Post
So, I'm loving my steering kit. I have a question though, the bearings in the bell crank arms seem to have a lot of play. The slop is in the bearings themselves as well as the fit of the bearings in the arms. Is this normal?

Please note the steering is definitely more robust and I'm very, very pleased with the kit overall but the amount of remaining play at the wheels is surprising. Thoughts?
Once my bearings broke in there was just a tiny bit of play in them enough to feel, but it has not got worse and its very minimal. If it keeps getting more and more play you may have a bad bearing, it may be defective. Also there should not be play in the press fit between the bearing and arm. If there is play there my arms either opened up from very hard hits or were machined to big originally buy me. Was it tight at first? Loctite 640 can take up the slop between the bearing and arm if they have stretched and I would say regular CA glue works pretty good as well. Shoot me a PM if the bearing is defective, there are many days I do not have time to check the forum but PM's I get right away.

IRIE Products - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquis products VS mayhem products bigg rocker Tires and Wheels 23 01-09-2011 08:13 PM
DankyCrawler's Project "Irie" dankycrawler 1.9 Scale Rigs 40 11-30-2009 02:20 PM