Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: ~TINY's Twin Hammers.~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default ~TINY's Twin Hammers.~

I had another thread about this TH but I messed around and deleted it.
But anyway. I got this TH in a trade it's in pretty good shape. It's running a VXL 3S motor and ESC. Geared 78/28. It's running the stock steering servo but the shift servo has been upgraded to a Hitec HS-5245MG. the rx/tx is futaba 3ch setup. I got rid of the stock decals and put on a bunch of stuff I had laying around.They're temporary until I get a new body for it. SO....On to the pics..

T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: ~TINY's Twin Hammers.~

I updated it a Little bit..I painted the panels satin black and got some decals put on.I also put a head from a wrestler figure on it. It's hillbilly jim. I kind of look like him a bit. I'm a hillbilly and have a big beard and all....lol. I also tried a brushed setup in it.A Tazer 10T ESC and a Axial 27T motor. I didn't like it to well. So I stuck the VXL 3s back in it.I'm not getting very good speed out of it because I still run nimh batteries. But that's soon to change. So here's some pics.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

looks good. Interesting idea, the driver head!
EncoreuneMod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncoreuneMod! View Post
looks good. Interesting idea, the driver head!
Thanks man......
Old 07-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
Thanks man......
Looks good, but the traxxas stickers are not my style. Maybe I am a Traxxas snob, but I think the TH is far more advanced than anything Traxxas offers. I think of Traxxas as more entry level and the TH I think is better suited for those who are more mechanically inclined.
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTT View Post
Looks good, but the traxxas stickers are not my style. Maybe I am a Traxxas snob, but I think the TH is far more advanced than anything Traxxas offers. I think of Traxxas as more entry level and the TH I think is better suited for those who are more mechanically inclined.
The only reason for the traxxas decals are.It's running a VXL 3s setup. Plus weather people like it or not traxxas is a huge player in the rc hobby.HUGE PLAYER...

Last edited by T I N Y; 07-18-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTT View Post

Ha. Trust me, it does not take a mechanical genius to build a TH. A bit of creativity perhaps to overcome its many shortcomings but don't get carried away
photon_trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
I updated it a Little bit..I painted the panels satin black and got some decals put on.I also put a head from a wrestler figure on it. It's hillbilly jim. I kind of look like him a bit. I'm a hillbilly and have a big beard and all....lol. I also tried a brushed setup in it.A Tazer 10T ESC and a Axial 27T motor. I didn't like it to well. So I stuck the VXL 3s back in it.I'm not getting very good speed out of it because I still run nimh batteries. But that's soon to change. So here's some pics.

Mind if I ask what Nimh pack you used ? I really hate Lipo packs ( had 1 explode on me ) I use the really small Lipo that came with it but I'd like to get back to using nimh (still cringe every time I charge the Lipo ) .
sb4pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb4pro View Post
Mind if I ask what Nimh pack you used ? I really hate Lipo packs ( had 1 explode on me ) I use the really small Lipo that came with it but I'd like to get back to using nimh (still cringe every time I charge the Lipo ) .
I was using a 3600mah venom pack. I was getting around 20-25 min Run time just crawling.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Thanks may have to check into it . Was it a regular 6 cell Nimh pack or something for like the Mini Revo ? Did it fit in the battery tray ?

Last edited by sb4pro; 10-30-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks may have to check into it . Was it a regular 6 cell Nimh pack or something for like the Mini Revo ? Did it fit in the battery tray ?
It was a regular 6 cell psck. It went up between the shock towers and under the spare. You just gotta put it in the front between the skocks and pull back on the spare a bit and it slides right in..
Old 10-31-2014, 10:32 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Here's an update with some pics.I bobbed the tail. Here's the link for that. The TINY tail cage mod.... I built an upright shock mount for the front. Here's the link for that. Homemade front upright shock mount? and I came up with a rear top link mount that helps the Torque twist. Here's the link for that. Quick, Easy, Cheap Torque twist Help.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:50 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Perfect !!!!
Thanks sorry to be such a PITA lol
Love your newest pics btw . May have to copy yet again and try your front shock set up lol
Old 11-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Perfect !!!!
Thanks sorry to be such a PITA lol
Love your newest pics btw . May have to copy yet again and try your front shock set up lol
Hey if I have questions about something some body did. You bet your a$$ I'm asking...lol And copy away I love help giving people ideas..
Old 11-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Thanks bud , my next project is to see if I can fit a Tamiya Agrios body on it . I wanna do a solid axled trophy truck .

~TINY's Twin Hammers.~ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Twin...Twin Hammers build start sanny632 Vaterra Twin Hammers 8 03-09-2014 12:01 PM
Savage00's Twinny Twin Twin Hammers Savage00 Vaterra Twin Hammers 16 09-19-2013 08:09 PM
Twin Hammers in Twin Cities? 89XJ Minnesota 7 05-06-2013 02:59 PM