Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: kit version questions,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default kit version questions,

so i see these in kit version are fairly cheap, and i wanna get one but i know nothing can some one give me twinhammers 101? quick or if there even worth spending the money on, or should i just put the cash twards one of my other rigs/yeti
gunder463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: kit version questions,

I am having a lot of fun with my twin and for me it was well worth the money although I don't know how it would be compared to the yeti as I don't have one.
Di_Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I think it is a good all around rig, it will crawl in low and become zippy in high gear. It does not excell at either but does manage to put a smile on you face.

The smaller size makes it easy to pack around or travel with also. I enjoy mine as a campfire rig and u4 racing.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I've had my kit a couple monthes now. Definately worth the money. You get aluminum shocks, steel trans gears, sway bars, metal balls for the rod ends, a fully metal front driveshaft, Swampers that seem to do pretty good on everything except snow, body panels without the goofy fake lights, and the aluminum hex's.

I really enjoyed assembling mine. Everything fell together without any filing or shimming. Just keep in mind it doesn't come with a pinion gear.

Basically, the plastic sliding steering rack is a bad joke that is best remedied with the St. Erie kit. Just got mine put in last week. Zero slop, zero friction, all win.

The rest of the kit is very solid. I hammer mine pretty hard and other than the occasional broken CVD pin it's been bulletproof. Lets just say that the platform doesn't lend itself to doing "uprighties" because the cage is so much narrower than the track width, but it will do them with enough throttle abuse.

It crawls about as good as my SCX's, you just have to adjust your line because of the long trailing arms. It's much more stable at speed compared to a Wraith. Even with the spool up front it has very good steering response.

It's a little more work to gain access to the electronics when compared to most other rigs, so pick out quality electronics so you don't have to take the cage off very often.
meatmonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Lets just say that the platform doesn't lend itself to doing "uprighties" because the cage is so much narrower than the track width, but it will do them with enough throttle abuse.
Is this when you spin around on your lid tell you get it back on the wheels.
just wondering
Sr.Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunder463 View Post
so i see these in kit version are fairly cheap, and i wanna get one but i know nothing can some one give me twinhammers 101? quick or if there even worth spending the money on, or should i just put the cash twards one of my other rigs/yeti
Love mine as well takes a beating and keeps going..i race mine u4 and bash with it wjen not raci g its my only rig that takes it all without breaking.. Check my thread for all the different upgrades.. Just contacted irie about his cvds those are my next upgrade....
Rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, trying to flip the truck back upright using the steering and throttle instead of my hand is considered an uprighty.

It's how I broke one of my CVD pins, and it's a very bad habit I need to break.
meatmonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:54 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

That is what I figured it was I just never herd it called that, I do it all the time and now I no what to call it.

Sorry about the off topic, for those who may care
Sr.Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:03 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Sorry to hijack the thread, I know the Kit comes with a front locker however will the kit include the parts to run an open diff?
FesterUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #10

Yes it comes with the option to build it with an open oil filled diff.
nmatcek is offline   Reply With Quote

kit version questions, - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
berg version 2 upgrade questions Rokpile EnRoute Berg 13 03-09-2010 07:57 AM
Berg Version 2 Questions Stewdogg EnRoute Berg 9 11-25-2009 12:28 AM