Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: A Late Thread To My Build...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default A Late Thread To My Build...

I bought my Twin Hammers almost 2 years ago and started doing some upgrades about six months after. I bought the BMRC Stage 2 suspension and went with 110mm King shocks, keeping one with the springs and the other I chose to run as a smooth body with all 4 running 45W shock oil. I had been out of the R/C world for a while so I just put whatever I had laying around in em and figured I would toy around with oil later. My buddy and I went to a local track just to see how things worked. After about 15 minutes of playing around the car got in a bad crash busting up the front end; front diff case was broken, tie rods bent, steering rack cracked and minor body scuffs. I started to rebuild my quad shortly after that happened so the T.H. sat on the back burner for a few months. I recently dusted it off and ordered some new parts. This past weekend I went to my local hobby shop and purchased the Vanquish caster blocks and spindles. I have a whole list at least 15 things deep of upgrades and changes, but I am taking my time with this build so check back and let me hear input and ideas.
Attached Images

Last edited by VTHDAN4467; 05-09-2015 at 12:20 AM.
VTHDAN4467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2015, 08:43 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: A Late Thread To My Build...

This came in a few days ago, my T-Bone Racing Bumper. Slowly but surely the parts are trickling in.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Took some time off of my build after getting wrapped up in racing BITD for a little bit. But finally regaining traction with my build. Just finished the install on the upright suspension. So for the most part all mechanical upgrades are complete for the moment. Now just need cosmetics. I have kinda built this truck for a "go fast" canyon cruiser/desert mobber. Can't decide what will be next in line after I have completed this build.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:57 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Just ordered me some Bfg Baja T/A KR2 1.9's for my hammers. Should be a good time. I went with these since I mainly use my TH in the canyons and open dirt terrain. Now just need to find some good beadlocks. Any suggestions?
Old 01-13-2016, 09:41 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Looking good, pics of the upright shock mounts.

For go fast keep the rotating weight down, you will break fewer parts, but you already knew that.
I like axial plastic bead locks, they are the most common beadlock pattern.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:57 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Looking good, pics of the upright shock mounts.

For go fast keep the rotating weight down, you will break fewer parts, but you already knew that.
I like axial plastic bead locks, they are the most common beadlock pattern.
Gonna take some pictures tonight so will have some showing the finished product a little later. There are so many out there, I like the beadlocks with a ring around it, but not something that fills the whole center of the rim. Hopefully find and order something today. Thanks for the input!
Old 01-18-2016, 08:17 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

This past weekend I was able to button up all my loose ends on the TH...
-Valved front shocks from 2 hole to a 4
-Window nets
-Bumper

I went to the canyon by my house which has some relatively good crawling spots and some open hill for some bashing. I loved the way how the truck performed overall. For the most part my upgrades have been complete. I am currently waiting on my Carter Fab body panels (roof, hood, and sides) those will be in this week. I may upgrade my arms and rear axle tubes, but that will come later. The one thing I am considering ordering is the GCM Truss. I have the recommended upgraded motor, so the twist on my TH can be pretty rough at times. Anyone who has it already installed, did it help out? Once I get my panels I will post some pictures.
Attached Images

Last edited by VTHDAN4467; 01-18-2016 at 08:26 AM.

A Late Thread To My Build... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya CC-01 Landfreeder Build Thread (Build Complete) TheBlueKnight Tamiya XC/CC01 29 11-24-2014 11:21 AM
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
My late to the party eclipse build motojeep Axial AX-10 Scorpion 29 03-11-2013 09:43 PM
not really a build thread more of a upgrade thread... dragit Axial AX-10 Scorpion 16 07-02-2009 10:11 PM