Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: New Twin Hammers DT, Desert Truck!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2015, 07:54 AM   #1

Default New Twin Hammers DT, Desert Truck!

Hi RC Crawler Forum,

Just announced this morning, new Twin Hammers DT, Desert Truck!

This new version has a Desert Truck body inspired by the Losi Desert Truck , integrated LED light bar and single-speed transmission. The single-speed tranny helped us keep the cost down so we can offer this at a lower price than the Twin Hammers V2 since not everyone wants the 2-speed, however, it can be easily converted to 2-speed just by adding a shift servo.

https://youtu.be/MAAp6r9C9xc
Toby Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Twin Hammers DT, Desert Truck!

Looks good to me - good to have some options!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Lewis View Post
Hi RC Crawler Forum,

This new version has a Desert Truck body inspired by the Losi Desert Truck , integrated LED light bar and single-speed transmission. The single-speed tranny helped us keep the cost down so we can offer this at a lower price than the Twin Hammers V2 since not everyone wants the 2-speed, however, it can be easily converted to 2-speed just by adding a shift servo.

Does anybody know the part numbers for the light bar? I would like to add that to my TH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Di_Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I hope there is a kit version of the DT one
waka789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hi RC Crawler Forum,

So are all the gears in the transmission and just a servo to shift is all that is needed. Or is it the same transmission case and the gears them selves and servo need to be added. Sorry if I missed this but I did not see anywhere it specifically said.

Also thanks for more options much appreciated, now if you could offer the acender Bronco with a unpainted body or a kit version, I would be ecstatic.

Last edited by Sr.Irie; 10-01-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Sr.Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hi RC Crawler Forum,

Nice, looks great! Wish they would fix some of the weak points with each new release though...c'mon Vaterra (Horizon Hobby).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Looks good to me - good to have some options!
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di_Spencer View Post
Does anybody know the part numbers for the light bar? I would like to add that to my TH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Prolly same as Slickrock lightbar, quick and easy way to get rock lights and lightbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waka789 View Post
I hope there is a kit version of the DT one
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Irie View Post
So are all the gears in the transmission and just a servo to shift is all that is needed. Or is it the same transmission case and the gears them selves and servo need to be added. Sorry if I missed this but I did not see anywhere it specifically said.

Also thanks for more options much appreciated, now if you could offer the acender Bronco with a unpainted body or a kit version, I would be ecstatic.
I'm guessing they're cutting cost and it all needs to be added, but don't know for sure. Found it on Horizon Hobby's site, $369 pre-order
1/10 Twin Hammers DT 1.9 4WD Desert Truck RTR | HorizonHobby

Last edited by Natedog; 10-01-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:36 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post

I'm guessing they're cutting cost and it all needs to be added, but don't know for sure. Found it on Horizon Hobby's site, $369 pre-order
1/10 Twin Hammers DT 1.9 4WD Desert Truck RTR | HorizonHobby
I went there also and if you look in the 8th picture you can see the shift rod with the ball on it protruding from the transmission. It also says in the Key Features " 2-speed transmission option – requires 3-ch transmitter and shift servo (both sold separately)" nothing of gears, so it looks to me it is all in there. But would like to know for sure as well.
If that is the case people could also shift manually if they did not want to purchase a new radio. Which may be a good option for some.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Good catch, I didn't look that closely.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:41 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Irie View Post
I went there also and if you look in the 8th picture you can see the shift rod with the ball on it protruding from the transmission. It also says in the Key Features " 2-speed transmission option – requires 3-ch transmitter and shift servo (both sold separately)" nothing of gears, so it looks to me it is all in there. But would like to know for sure as well.
If that is the case people could also shift manually if they did not want to purchase a new radio. Which may be a good option for some.
In the kit the option in building was to lock the trans in low or high depending on where you put a little aluminum spacer on the shift shaft, in front or behing the shift fork. I imagine the "new" truck will have something similar.
lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:30 PM   #10

Just looking at the electronics, the ESC looks to have the HOBBYWING 1060 type "bind plug" programing. Is it a HOBBYWING?

The reciever doesn't look waterproof to me, well it's different to the one in my Twin Hammers.

I will be looking to buy one of these, i like the look a lot.

Can the front shock hoops be added to this body without modification? I'm in Australia (down under) so it will be a while before I see one in the flesh. Any help with what fits would be great.
bonesmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesmorris View Post

Can the front shock hoops be added to this body without modification? I'm in Australia (down under) so it will be a while before I see one in the flesh. Any help with what fits would be great.
None of the upright towers are going to fit without some body mods. They all fit just outside the front cage, I have one of each GCM, Blue Monkey and of course mine Irie Products and they all will need to go through the body.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:22 AM   #12
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
In the kit the option in building was to lock the trans in low or high depending on where you put a little aluminum spacer on the shift shaft, in front or behing the shift fork. I imagine the "new" truck will have something similar.

Exactly. The transmission has all the gears with the aluminum spacer inside the transmission case to lock it in high gear. If you have a 3ch Spektrum transmitter and a Shift servo all you'll need to do is remove the spacer and set up the shift servo.

The DT is still waterproof and the light bar info will be coming soon.

Thanks,
Rich
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Should of went full trophy truck route and made the body full fendered and covered the wheels . Then could've had 2 options , desert trophy truck or class 1 truggy .

Last edited by sb4pro; 10-05-2015 at 11:59 AM.
sb4pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:09 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I could see several nice 1.9 rigs designed around the new body. The lines resemble a 2nd gen xcab toy pickup. I will be picking up a few bodies
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb4pro View Post
Should of went full trophy truck route and made the body full fendered and covered the wheels . Then could've had 2 options , desert trophy truck or class 1 truggy .
Looks like axial beat you to the punch AGAIN !!!!
sb4pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:34 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb4pro View Post
Looks like axial beat you to the punch AGAIN !!!!
I would love a full fendered body for the Twin, only problem is it looks a bit odd because of the short wheelbase. The reason axial gets away with it is they are 14+" wb, low long and wide.
lonleycreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:53 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I think I put one of if not the first desert truck body on my first twin hammers. Cool that they took my idea. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sethmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I like it, looks good...wish they would address the steering and upper plate breaking.

Thankfully we have some great vendors stepping up to provide great fix for this and steering rack!

Last edited by Natedog; 10-22-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:55 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Body looks good. Would be quick and easy to just buy the body separate!
BrotherAndySLB is offline   Reply With Quote

New Twin Hammers DT, Desert Truck! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vaterra 1/10 Twin Hammers DT 1.9 4WD Desert Truck RTR spectre Vaterra Twin Hammers 0 10-01-2015 07:54 AM
Trazh's Twin Hammers Desert Buggy Trazhcan Vaterra Twin Hammers 21 08-11-2014 05:03 PM
Vaterra twin hammers 1.9 truck? axial 4x4 crawler Vaterra Twin Hammers 7 05-25-2013 08:41 PM