Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2016, 05:10 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Tires

Hi all.

My race claws seem very stiff, is it possible for the rubber to go bad and harden up?

I took out the foam in one and re mounted it and it still keeps its shape when mounted on the truck.

They seem to work OK on the dirt though so I'm hesitant to spend money.

If I was to replace them has anyone had much success with using SCT tyres instead? I don't really crawl with it (or just lite crawling) and mainly just bash.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Spunkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2016, 09:01 AM   #2

Default Re: Tires

With no foams my race claws squat considerably under the weight of the truck. Sounds like yours have stiffened up considerably. If you're using it for bashing that's probably not a huge drawback though. The stiffer the sidewall is, the better it tends to resist rolling over on dirt.

I use Trepadors with the foam that came with them. They work great crawling, and they work great in dirt and mud. Couldn't really ask for a better tire, and I got them in a trade for my Baja MTZ's so the price was right as well haha. I have no experience with SCT but can say that fresh race claws perform quite well.

-Travis
TimeBomb572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I am also just a basher. Here is a tire and wheel combination that works well for me. Most of my running is in soft sand. The tires are 2.2 Proline Calibers, mounted on RPM Revolver wheels (narrow track). The tires are designed for stadium truck racing so the sidewalls are fairly stiff. That, and the small increase in overall width, helps with the rollover problem in turns. One disadvantage of the Revolver wheels is that the center section is very thick, so barrel nuts are required.
jgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:05 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys, I will look at what's available around here (Australia)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Spunkybob is offline   Reply With Quote