Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers
Loading

Notices

Thread: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2018, 06:36 AM   #61
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

He has become a good little driver, he likes the fast stuff that's for sure!

He started driving RC cars before he could talk. funny story! his first encounter with and RC toy was at his cousins house, he was walking at this stage but couldn't talk yet, and they had a RC Tow Mater toy from the cars movie. He could not stop driving it, loved it! it was like he had missile lock on it and we could not keep him away from it.

When we got home he raced into the shower and picked up his Tow Mater shaped kids shampoo bottle and sat it on the floor, then raced into the kitchen and grabbed a hand held battery powered drink mixer thing, it was a chrome handle with a trigger and a spinning wire mixer thing sticking out. he stood over the shampoo bottle with the drink mixer in his hand, with the wire mixer part sticking up like an antenna and pressed the trigger, at the same time he was excitedly willing his shampoo bottle to drive forward with every press of the trigger! again and again......much sadness followed when the shampoo bottle refused to drive and steer like his cousins Tow Mater!

He had his very own RC Tow Mater toy not long after that and boy did he love driving it around the house, has been hooked on RC ever since.
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2018, 06:46 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Merrill, WI
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti.stealth View Post
He has become a good little driver, he likes the fast stuff that's for sure!

He started driving RC cars before he could talk. funny story! his first encounter with and RC toy was at his cousins house, he was walking at this stage but couldn't talk yet, and they had a RC Tow Mater toy from the cars movie. He could not stop driving it, loved it! it was like he had missile lock on it and we could not keep him away from it.

When we got home he raced into the shower and picked up his Tow Mater shaped kids shampoo bottle and sat it on the floor, then raced into the kitchen and grabbed a hand held battery powered drink mixer thing, it was a chrome handle with a trigger and a spinning wire mixer thing sticking out. he stood over the shampoo bottle with the drink mixer in his hand, with the wire mixer part sticking up like an antenna and pressed the trigger, at the same time he was excitedly willing his shampoo bottle to drive forward with every press of the trigger! again and again......much sadness followed when the shampoo bottle refused to drive and steer like his cousins Tow Mater!

He had his very own RC Tow Mater toy not long after that and boy did he love driving it around the house, has been hooked on RC ever since.
It's great you and your son have a great hobby to share! Mine likes it but not as much as I do! I built him his first crawler when he was 4 for his birthday. he loves Gravedigger so I built it with a Parma Gravedigger body. I rebuilt it this year as it's a 6 years old and he's now 10 so it was due. Definitely a great hobby for spending time with our kids!

Sent from my TYD-108H using Tapatalk
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:42 AM   #63
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

video to follow....


Name:  IMG_5511.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  181.3 KB
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:21 AM   #64
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:40 PM   #65
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

I'm really happy with it now, metal gears, metal hexes, scorched parts upright shock front end and battery tray in the tub, a savox steering servo, brushless motor, 3S and paddle tyres for the sand, 2S and stock tyres for bashing, trail runs and crawling.

3S is too fast and brutal for anything other than the sand, and the extra power works out great to overcome the drag of the sand. Maybe needs a stiffer rear sway bar hen using 3S aswell, time tojust fine tune and enjoy it now.

Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:49 AM   #66
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

This RC car just keeps going!

My boy cannot put it down for a minute, he loves it, god only knows how many packs have been thru it now.
We manage to break a lower front arm every now and then, and somehow he actually broke a rear alloy wheel hex, the drive pin sheared and spun around inside the hex and cracked it in half!!! and apart from popping out a dogbone here and there nothing else has broken.

I took him to watch the full size off road buggies race at the Milbrodale Mountain Classic and of course he took his TH along, he made friends with some other boys around his age and they started passing the remote around, all having a turn blasting the TH everywhere, it got one hell of a work out!

here is a promo vid about the race.



Here he is sizing up his Twin Hammers with a real buggy, later in the day one of the front CV pins gave up and broke, game over, you should of seen all the sad little faces when I said "that's it boys! time to put it away its broken now" Im guessing there were a couple of other dads out there getting hounded to buy their sons an RC car after that day HAHA!

Name:  IMG_5807.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  184.0 KB

Name:  IMG_5808.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  189.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5810.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  181.1 KB

I found a sale on TH parts, the Vaterra alloy front spindals and caster blocks were going for $10, they are very nice and high quality parts, I wish the Ascender alloy parts were on sale too.

A couple of pics with the alloy parts fitted, very nice!

Name:  IMG_5946.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5947.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  112.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5949.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  141.3 KB

Last edited by Yeti.stealth; 07-17-2018 at 06:01 AM.
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:34 AM   #67
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

Finally solved all my gear shift woe’s! All I had to do was tighten the screw down on the gear shift servo saver, damn thing was set too weak to push / pull the shifter rod. Works great now!

Name:  8B4B1E19-9E2B-46F4-A88D-35FA92F79BEC.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  112.2 KB

Name:  31FB638E-E7F5-4C3F-8BC2-D0D8F596C56A.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  108.7 KB

Also had time to swap out the stock shock bodies for the threaded type, got all these cool upgrade parts on sale 😁

Name:  0CBFA0DB-E7CF-4E82-8420-9797D63B0BDB.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  128.5 KB

New tyres were on sale too, something like $5 a pair but were sold out. Looks like we will just have to keep running these ones for now. Here is the unused spare tyre compared to a worn tyre.

Name:  69E6CD80-7C5F-497C-9930-BCAD422D5DBF.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  117.4 KB

Next thing to work on will be the rear upper links, the stock ones have stretched ball links and the rear axle flops around side to side. The upper links are one piece so I can’t just replace the ends, the shop that has the parts sale has the Ascender alloy links and spacers and ball ends on sale too, so I will make new upper links out of them. They are out of stock of the TH rear link set so Ascender links it will have to be!
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:05 AM   #68
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

Got around to replacing the flogged out upper links, rear axle flopping around, thing was rear steering a little this way and that.

I used Vaterra Ascender 61mm alloy link, Ascender link screws, Ascender rod ends, and cut down the Ascender 12mm spacer to 9mm to make new upper links. Re used the TH balls, they are a real tight fit in the Ascender rod ends. The rear axle is rock solid now.

Name:  7D10953D-A7D0-44B8-A728-5D512BF1157A.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  128.2 KB

Name:  B229A654-151F-433C-8F0B-B290BA710E76.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  816198B9-B0B7-49CF-A5F3-9699CDF626A8.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  96.1 KB

Name:  C05F5320-9235-4064-862D-72D9DA8E217B.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  138.5 KB
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #69
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,603
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

Just reread this thread. I got my used TH just before xmas. Been doing a few mods to it. Got the same steering set up from Scorched parts. But used an old Hpi shock tower to mount some Gamde XD shocks, and made up my own battery tray. Running it brushed with a 1080 esc and Teking 45t motor. I'll start my own thread soon , just busy with real life sometimes.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:42 PM   #70
Slow is the new Fast
 
smog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 2,874
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
Just reread this thread. I got my used TH just before xmas. Been doing a few mods to it. Got the same steering set up from Scorched parts. But used an old Hpi shock tower to mount some Gamde XD shocks, and made up my own battery tray. Running it brushed with a 1080 esc and Teking 45t motor. I'll start my own thread soon , just busy with real life sometimes.
45T! 2 speed trans?

I love the Twammers! My favorite set up so far is a sensored setup.

You should definitely post it up. The TH sub forum always needs a boost
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #71
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,603
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

I will. It came with a 6000kv brushless motor and 35 amp esc. was a bit mad and motor made some nasty sounds. I don't have many places to bash, so built it as a trail truck. It crawls really well, guess the 45t helps that. It was just in a box of random parts I bought a couple of years ago on ebay.

Last edited by M1tch; 01-23-2019 at 02:53 PM.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #72
Slow is the new Fast
 
smog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 2,874
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
I will. It came with a 6000kv brushless motor and 35 amp esc. was a bit mad and motor made some nasty sounds. I don't have many places to bash, so built it as a trail truck. It crawls really well, guess the 45t helps that. It was just in a box of random parts I bought a couple of years ago on ebay.
6000kv! that does sound a touch mad

The Twin Hammers is an underrated rig in my opinion.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:06 PM   #73
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,603
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

I got some more parts this week.will get some pics and start thread soon. Don't want to invade Yeti's thread too much.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #74
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers

It’s all good! I don’t mind!
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Yeti.stealths RTR Twin Hammers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti.Stealths Ascenders Yeti.stealth Vaterra Ascender 758 08-23-2020 07:39 AM
Yeti.stealths vids. Yeti.stealth Scale Videos! 26 06-19-2020 05:08 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com