Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Steering Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #1

Default Steering Issues

I recently replaced my steering servo with the same stock servo that it came with because the gears in the first one were grinding. I’ve been driving the newer one for a couple weeks now and it recently just stopped working. It doesn’t turn when I turn the wheel on the controller. I’m not sure if it is the servo or the control. The spring in my controllers wheel broke awhile ago and I haven’t fixed it. If you have any idea of what it could be that would be super helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BrapNSkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Steering Issues

Have you checked the servo lead is plugged into the receiver fully? Only other thing I can think of is if you can plug a different servo in just to try.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Also are your end points set? Its possibly to burn the servos out when they try to move farther than they're physically allowed.

Its hard to say on whether its your controller or servo without more info. When the return spring broke did the servo stop working then?

You could plug the servo into the throttle channel as a test then power it up and give it gas and then try reverse, this should make the servo turn one way and then the other. This should tell you whether its the servo or the controller.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Also are your end points set? Its possibly to burn the servos out when they try to move farther than they're physically allowed.

Its hard to say on whether its your controller or servo without more info. When the return spring broke did the servo stop working then?

You could plug the servo into the throttle channel as a test then power it up and give it gas and then try reverse, this should make the servo turn one way and then the other. This should tell you whether its the servo or the controller.

It looks like it is the servo not the controller. Any suggestions on new steering servos and possibly other steering upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BrapNSkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Just so you're not buying things you dont need plug the ESC into the steering channel on the receiver to make sure the wheel controls the throttle and that the wheel still functions as it should.

If that works, it must be the servo.

I tend to go a bit overkill on servos but there are some good budget servos too. I've had good luck with Hitec and Savox servos, theres also Promodeler which makes a very stout servo, and I think its made here in the US.

I would focus on getting a model with at least 300 oz in of torque or more, I always go for more.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote

Steering Issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steering issues dasco Axial XR10 3 10-25-2016 05:32 AM
Steering issues Entropy98 Newbie General 4 03-14-2010 09:04 AM
Steering issues? TLTCrawlin Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 04-27-2007 10:05 PM
steering issues bandit crawler Traxxas Crawlers 5 03-19-2005 07:49 PM