Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Integy Billet Rack and Pinion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Integy Billet Rack and Pinion?

I had previously tried the BMRC and GCM vertical front shock tower mounts. Along with those I tried a Traxxas bell crank and some other parts to hodgepodge something together. Never was happy with what I got to work, but eventually went back to stock. The factory plastic rack is good when new and clean, but then gets dirty and sticky, and finally gets wallered-out from all the grit. Back to the vertical mounts, downside is that I kept having straighten them after crashes/rollovers.

Found this: Integy Billet Steering Rack

It's a bit pricey at around $30, but has any tried this? I may just buy one for grins, and post back with results.

Surely going to be more rigid than factory, and looks like it has two cylindrical (plastic?) sliders. If the tolerances are right, it should not be too tight, and should wipe the channel effectively of dirt and debris.
MachtSchnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2019, 08:29 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Integy Billet Rack and Pinion?

Guarantee that thing is all sloppy and worn out in no time. The only decent steering option at this time is the Scorched Parts 3d printed bellcrank setup. I also have a couple older Sr Erie bellcrank sets I really like, but they are discontinued.
meatmonkey is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bell crank, rack and pinion, steering

Integy Billet Rack and Pinion? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Integy Billet Machined Winch Teardown. willipmartinni Scale Accessories 25 01-13-2016 07:19 AM
Integy Billet Machined Winch Review Snowmaninhell Scale Accessories 47 06-14-2014 05:32 AM
Integy billet alum 10H wheels????? airdreams1 Tires and Wheels 0 12-31-2011 07:34 PM
Rack and Pinion nmanuel01 Chit Chat 13 03-10-2010 10:50 AM