Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Electronics

Notices

Thread: No Drift Winch Controller! (using 3 position transmitter channel)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
Hi Thomas,

Help me understand what's happening:
Does this mean it works on another channel? Or something else?
Thanks, it was a bad receiver unit! You're control unit works flawlessly!!
xigtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Glad it works, but sorry you lost a receiver.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #83
Scale Detail Engineering

heyok, as far as the 3 pos switch controller is concerned, it'll work for a rc4wd bulldog winch for now and latter I can use the same controller for a servo winch correct? Just unhook it from the bulldog and hook it up to a servo winch?

Also, I read the post about bringing a fried servo back to life for winch duty.
I have a Hitec that just jitters as soon as power is put to it, without seeing the servo, do you think your controller could fix it to work as a servo winch? It sounds like it would do the trick.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
heyok, as far as the 3 pos switch controller is concerned, it'll work for a rc4wd bulldog winch for now and latter I can use the same controller for a servo winch correct? Just unhook it from the bulldog and hook it up to a servo winch?

Also, I read the post about bringing a fried servo back to life for winch duty.
I have a Hitec that just jitters as soon as power is put to it, without seeing the servo, do you think your controller could fix it to work as a servo winch? It sounds like it would do the trick.
Yes, connect the winch controller up to either the Bulldog or the servo modified to be a winch, the same controller will do the job.

As far as getting your broken servo working again (as a winch), a good test to see if it will work out would be to take the cover off the servo, remove the wires going to the motor, remove a gear or two so that the motor is allowed to spin freely, then power up the motor with six volts. If it seems to spin without any trouble, it should be good to be used as a winch. Assuming that the gear train is in good shape too.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #85
RCC Addict

You still have these? I need one as I am about ready to throw my 645 across the room cause of creep. Shoot me a paypal addy and a cost. I need the 3 pos one and it is going to zip code 60014. Priority mail if you can.

Last edited by neillarson; 06-16-2011 at 01:09 PM.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #86
Scale Detail Engineering

Neil, these work great! I installed one right before last weekends TTC and had no issues at all. No more creep
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
You still have these? I need one as I am about ready to throw my 645 across the room cause of creep. Shoot me a paypal addy and a cost. I need the 3 pos one and it is going to zip code 60014. Priority mail if you can.
I will send you a PM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Neil, these work great! I installed one right before last weekends TTC and had no issues at all. No more creep
Thanks for the props! Glad you like it!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Got my two installed over the weekend. One on a servo winch and one on a 3R. Both worked perfect
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #89
RCC Addict

Al........ great product worked perfectly. Will be contacting you at a later date for more product.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

I'm about to build my first servo winch with a 7955 and this 3 pos heyok controller. My question is since the hitec control board is removed, the servo pot is out of comission, right? So I don't need to find neutral with the pot and CA glue it, right?
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #91
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
I'm about to build my first servo winch with a 7955 and this 3 pos heyok controller. My question is since the hitec control board is removed, the servo pot is out of comission, right? So I don't need to find neutral with the pot and CA glue it, right?
I have s thread in the electronics section that's a sticky.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...12#post3030312
but the only thing you need to do is remove the gears like grizz4x4 says and revoke everything but the motor and solder like heyOK notes.

Basically his controller takes care of the motor and your removing the pin so it does a 360 degree non stop turn.

Last edited by team3six; 08-18-2011 at 01:41 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Cool thread! I just took a look at that. I just pulled apart the donor 7955 and could not pull the pin so I just dremeled it. I'm going to hook up the hoyok controller and install your "war pig" spool on it. Then I'll post up some feedback

BTW Norm, which one of your winch lines is the best for function? I bought both and was thinking of wraping the cable type around spool of disabled 3r winch for looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
I have s thread in the electronics section that's a sticky.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...12#post3030312
but the only thing you need to do is remove the gears like grizz4x4 says and revoke everything but the motor and solder like heyOK notes.

Basically his controller takes care of the motor and your removing the pin so it does a 360 degree non stop turn.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #93
www.team3sixrc.com

I sell a ton and personally use my synthetic line. Everyone seems to love it so far.
I run a 5645mg servo with a heyOK controller, my War pig spool, and 2.5mm hex screw to hold it.

Im pretty happy and HeyOK's product is awesome.

You'll have to play around with your transmiter to make it run tight. But his product is a great item to have.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:18 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sorry for taking so long to respond, but it looks like you have things taken care of now. Thanks for helping out and for trying my controller!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Yep. Easy as pie

I can't believe how simple and easy it was to build a servo winch with your heyok controller. No need to center the pot, just desolder, solder, remove gear pin, add grease, and close up the case.

Thanks again Heyok!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yep. Easy as pie

I can't believe how simple and easy it was to build a servo winch with your heyok controller. No need to center the pot, just desolder, solder, remove gear pin, add grease, and close up the case.

Thanks again Heyok!

Glad you got it all figured.......

Best product ive really ever bought. Have to say fixes every single issue Ive had with any other winch Also "stupid easy install"
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #97

Did you ever make a controller with a higher voltage ability? I read the entire thread and that you were going to try making ........ soooo before I order one I wanted to ask.
BackYardSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackYardSigns View Post
Did you ever make a controller with a higher voltage ability? I read the entire thread and that you were going to try making ........ soooo before I order one I wanted to ask.
Sure did. Have a look here:
Higher Voltage Winch Controller
You can also check out the link in my sig to see some more of the things I make.

Thanks,
Al
Old 10-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

The other day someone wanted to use my controller to operate both a front and rear winch. He wanted a three position toggle switch (with center off) and JST connectors to power his 3Racing (I think) winchs.

This is what it looks like:

Old 10-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
The other day someone wanted to use my controller to operate both a front and rear winch. He wanted a three position toggle switch (with center off) and JST connectors to power his 3Racing (I think) winchs.

This is what it looks like:

Hey, that looks familiar.
Watching the clock till I can go home and hook it up. Might have to steal the winch off my SCX10 so I can try it with two winches tonight.
Spidubic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creep, winch drift controller