RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vendors Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/)
-   -   Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/286855-winch-controller-radio-2-position-third-channel.html)

ussprinceton2004 12-29-2011 07:18 PM

Re: Winch Controller for Radio with 2 Position Third Channel

..another thing...will this winch controller work using the FlySky FS-GT3B Digital 3ch 2.4ghz TX & RX LCD Transmitter & Receiver, without any "hacking" or any modification? Will it be a direct plug and play set-up?.. Here is a link to the actual radio Tx/Rx in question: FlySky FS-GT3B Digital 3ch 2.4ghz TX & RX LCD Transmitter & Receiver

heyok 12-29-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 (Post 3475160)
..another thing...will this winch controller work using the FlySky FS-GT3B Digital 3ch 2.4ghz TX & RX LCD Transmitter & Receiver, without any "hacking" or any modification? Will it be a direct plug and play set-up?.. Here is a link to the actual radio Tx/Rx in question: FlySky FS-GT3B Digital 3ch 2.4ghz TX & RX LCD Transmitter & Receiver

Yes, it works just fine with that system.

ussprinceton2004 12-31-2011 06:56 AM

..I have a question on this 2 position 3rd channel winch controller...how do you keep constant tension on the line? I mean, pulling in, then stop, then pulling, then stop, then pulling in again, until the truck has gotten over an incline or some other obstacle...from the video, it appears that I have to cycle through the whole sequence again, if I just want it to go constantly, with stops in between, in one direction..

heyok 12-31-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 (Post 3477680)
..I have a question on this 2 position 3rd channel winch controller...how do you keep constant tension on the line? I mean, pulling in, then stop, then pulling, then stop, then pulling in again, until the truck has gotten over an incline or some other obstacle...from the video, it appears that I have to cycle through the whole sequence again, if I just want it to go constantly, with stops in between, in one direction..

I answered this in a PM, but should also put it here.

This kind of action is, unfortunately, what happens when you only have a two position channel to run your winch. I think about all you can do is either be quick on the trigger to minimize the time you are in the undesired mode, or upgrade your system to a three position radio / winch controller.

matt199 01-27-2012 07:23 PM

hi i have a dx3s and was wondering what button/buttons are used with your controller because my 3rd channel only sends my winch in and out no nutral. just trying to understand how it works because im intrested in a controler to make it work. this seems like my only option sence i cant find a mod for my dx3s.

heyok 01-27-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt199 (Post 3530765)
hi i have a dx3s and was wondering what button/buttons are used with your controller because my 3rd channel only sends my winch in and out no nutral. just trying to understand how it works because im intrested in a controler to make it work. this seems like my only option sence i cant find a mod for my dx3s.

You use the switch that operates ch3.
Watch the YouTube video in the first post of this thread. I think it will help answer your questions. If not, ask and I will do my best to help.

matt199 01-27-2012 08:01 PM

my 3rd channel is a slide switch not a press button switch

heyok 01-27-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt199 (Post 3530854)
my 3rd channel is a slide switch not a press button switch

That's okay. As long as it will make a servo move to two positions, you are good to go!

To make it easier to operate, you could mount a push button switch and wire it to the existing switch. Then you could use either one to work that channel.

BubbaEinstein 03-26-2012 08:45 PM

I just received a 3racing winch and found this product (I have a 2 position 3rd channel). My 3 racing winch has a seperate power adapter (tamiya) plug, would I still use this or does your controller power the winch from the rx? (In the pics early in this thread I didn't see how I could wire it in).

thanks

fyi - I have a non-hacked flysky gt3b..

heyok 03-26-2012 09:49 PM

Thanks for checking out the winch.
This one gets its power from the receiver.

BONDONUTZ 03-27-2012 09:56 AM

Subscribed

BubbaEinstein 03-27-2012 10:21 AM

So if I understand correctly, I just discard what 3 racing supplied and wire your controller directly to the winch? If so, tell me how to order:)

heyok 03-27-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaEinstein (Post 3652061)
So if I understand correctly, I just discard what 3 racing supplied and wire your controller directly to the winch? If so, tell me how to order:)

That's true. If you like, for an additional $2 I can add a JST connector so that it will just plug into your winch - no soldering needed.

Generally you just send me a PM and tell me what you would like and we do the transaction through Paypal.

I will send you a PM.

Al

skottoman 04-14-2012 04:59 PM

What a great item. Easy to Paypal, and it arrived at my house within a week...

Just installed one of these with a Futaba 3PL, and a 3Racing winch on my Defender build.

Wired it up and it works great! This is a great solution for people with only 2 position switches.

Cheers,
Skottoman

summitcrawler 05-23-2012 09:16 PM

are these still available? if i saw this thread 30 minutes ago i would have bought one... but i bought something else.. but i will buy one as soon as possible.

heyok 05-23-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summitcrawler (Post 3746299)
are these still available? if i saw this thread 30 minutes ago i would have bought one... but i bought something else.. but i will buy one as soon as possible.

Yes, still available!

BubbaEinstein 05-23-2012 09:29 PM

And they wotk great!

summitcrawler 05-23-2012 11:49 PM

awesome im working on a deal now... hopefully it works out then ill be sending you a PM!

juswin24 05-25-2012 05:22 AM

Good, I may need to order one soon too!

summitcrawler 05-29-2012 07:31 PM

just got mine installed today and took it for a test run.. its amazing! im glad i found this before buying a new radio! thank you for this great product!